• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raging Dragonfly

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Team Raging Dragonfly

573.gif
121.gif
205.gif
463.gif
392.gif
469.gif

Okay, recently with the 5th Generation I've noticed that everyone is crazing about the new Speed Boost Sharpedo and Blaziken. Good for them. But I feel there is another dragonfly capable of doing the same but everyone has forgotten. Yes, Yanmega. I have used Speed Boost Yanma lead in the NU in Generation 4, and it could kill. So, I'm hoping to let Yanmega bask in the limelight as base a team around it.

Team Building Process

Spoiler:

Now onto the in-depth stuff.

In-depth Stuff

573.gif

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly(+Spe,-SpA)
~ Tail Slap
~ Bullet Seed
~ Rock Blast
~ U-Turn

Cincinno's main purpose is to attack and destroy to opposing lead, with it's troll like ability Skill Link. I've encountered this many times, and hate it, so I hope it fares with me. If this is still alive in the late game, it can function as a revenger, even without the scarf.

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252HP/128Def/128SpD
Nature: Bold(+Def,-Atk)
~Cosmic Power
~Recover
~Rapid Spin
~Scald/Surf/Psyshock

I am currently testing this set. Everybody marvels at Starmies impressive SpAtk and Spd stats, but I like looking at the defensive aspect, too. Starmie has access to one of the best recovery moves, and defensive stat boosting moves: Recover and Cosmic Power. Paired with Natural Cure, and solid 85/85 defences, I believe it can shake its abysmal HP. Scald also gives the opponent a nasty burn.

205.gif

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 112 Atk/ 144 Def
Nature: Relaxed
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Payback
~Earthquake

Rather self-explanatory. Set up rocks, spin if necessary. And Earthquake and Payback for attacks. I really want to change/improve this set somehow.

392.gif

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
~Cheer Up
~Fire Blast
~Close Combat
~Grass Knot

My second attacker, to eliminate Yanmega's counters. Close Combat is the main attacking move, targeting Tyranitar, Chansey, Blissey and Ferrothorn. Fire Blast is also there, for STAB. Grass Knot for bulky (usually fat) waters. If I predict an Earthquake I usually switch to Yanmega.

463.gif

Lickilicky @ Expert Belt
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 116HP/140 Atk/252 SpA
Nature: Brave
~Explosion
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Power Whip

Here's my experimental anti-weather. Yanmega really doesn't like weather, except water, but it harms it more than it does good. So, if any weather abusers/creators come on field Lickylicky puts them in their place. With solid defences, it can usually stay alive for some time, and it's wide move pool allows for great coverage. Earthquake for Ninetales, Tyranitar, and steels/rocks/fires. Fire Blast for Abomasnow and those pesky chlorophyll grass types, and other grasses/bugs/ices/steels. Power Whip for Politoed, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and other grounds/rocks/waters. Explosion is there to go out with a bang, and expert belt for added power.

469.gif

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~Bug Buzz
~Air Slash
~Hidden Power [Fire]
~Giga Drain

Ah, here it is. One of my new favorite Pokemon. This guy is just the late game sweeper, when the opponent has no rocks up. With Choice Specs and Tinted Lens, this guy can plow through unprepared team with STAB Bug Buzz or Air Slash. Not to mention the nifty 30% flinch chance. Giga Drain for some survivability and Hidden Power for steels.

---

All done, rate and critique please. This is probably the first RMT where I've gone all out.

Years
thundurus_god_of_thunder_by_fatmon66-d398lqo.png

Thundurus says hi. In all seriousness, though, you ought to replace Lickitung with something like Swampert or Mamoswine, whose uses extend far beyond beating Thundurus, as well. There's no need to worry about weather, especially when this team is mostly made up of Pokemon that can't compete with weather, or at least won't end up in the same tier as most Pokemon that create or feed off of weather. Other than that, some other things that may give you trouble are Garchomp and Salamence (Give that Starmie Ice Beam, son, 2 rapid spinners really aren't necessary) and Conkeldurr with Stone Edge.

Back