• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

nikolai131

Noble Phantazm
Years
Love your game, having so much fun leaping trough the it. Seeing Fire Red in a brand new way. Great job on mapping and recreating the story so far :)

Also got a couple suggestions:
- How do you feel about adding overworld sprites? It sure will make the game much more alive.
- And have you considered redisining some of the sprites?? The tiny-ish poking legs of the characters make them look weird. For example Red doesn't really feel like Red as it is, and more like the BW protagonist. And I don't think all of the Pokemon sprites are animated.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
OK so Pokécommunity isn't letting me quote posts, but...

nikolai131, what do you mean by overworld sprites? Also, the tiny legs looking like the BW protagonist is the whole point. This game is a Gen 5-6 style version of FRLG.

ttb93, can you be more specific by trainer customization? I think you're referring to playe outfits and the like, but I just want to make sure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
ok.

how about pallet swap customization? for example, change color cap/jacket for green, blue or yellow.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
ttb93, customisable pallet swaps with multiple pieces of clothing would be difficult to script (I'm an awful scripter). I might give it a shot, but don't expect it to be in the game for a while.

nikolai131, originally there wasn't going to be following Pokémon due to problems with the previous "Following Pokémon" script, but mej71 is in the process of fixing problems with the old script. If enough of the problems are fixed, I will implement following Pokémon.

Years
I'll eagerly await for when this game is finished. Erika looks gorgeous, I've always had a crush on her. Also how much longer until you add in Blue(I'm using her JP name)?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
JouteiKaji, it all depends on when we make sprites for her. Currently the project is recruiting Spriters/Pixel Artists, so Blue/Leaf will be on the top of our priority list.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
With Valentine's Day looming on the horizon, love is in the air. Celebrate your love for all things Pokémon with a limited time Mystery Gift!

The gift itself is a Level 5 Smoochum, and has the following:

• Knows the moves Pound, Lick, Sweet Kiss and Lovely Kiss
  • Has its Hidden Ability unlocked (Hydration)
  • Holds a Heart Scale
This Mystery Gift will only be avaliable for two weeks (until the 21st February), so download it while you still can!

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Recently there was an issue with the Valentine's Smoochum Mystery Gift, and I figured out what the issue was. This means that I won't be able to release more than one Mystery Gift per version of the game.

Of course, that doesn't mean this patch is just to fix the Mystery Gift issues. I changed a few things since the last release, and here they are:

-Additions-

• Added a missing Trainer Tips sign in Celadon City.
  • Added Mystery Gift NPC to Celadon Dept. Store.

-Changes-

• Upgraded Mystery Gift music.
  • Made alterations to the Trainer Tips signs.
  • New windowskins for regular signs and Trainer Tips.
  • Removed entry animations for battles (I'm pretty sure this was causing slowdowns for everyone).

-Fixes-

• You can now stop Pokémon from evolving. (WARNING: THIS ALSO APPLIES TO POKÉMON THAT SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STOP EVOLVING E.G. STONE/TRADE-BASED EVOLUTIONS)
  • Fixed an issue where talking to the Pidgey in Vermilion City would crash the game.

So yeah, not a huge patch, but this should solve the Mystery Gift issues.
I also plan on making a FAQ on GameJolt because the comment section is seemingly flooded with the same type of comments. Expect to see one soon.

Years
Would you be able to add the option to play as gary instead? It has always been my dream to play as gary lol. Nothing fancy in the menu, but maybe as a character for green instead? :)

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Would you be able to add the option to play as gary instead? It has always been my dream to play as gary lol. Nothing fancy in the menu, but maybe as a character for green instead? :)

I might consider adding Gary as a player skin, or possibly even in a small IRNG related side project I was thinking of working on in the future...

Years
I might consider adding Gary as a player skin, or possibly even in a small IRNG related side project I was thinking of working on in the future...

Oh cool! Thank you replying and considering it :) I have not seen a proper or finished gary hack so I just wanted to suggest it. May I ask on a hint on the side project?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I might consider adding Gary as a player skin
That would be awesome!

and how about different color skins for red? For example, blue cap and jacket instead of red color. It's just default skins, not customization.

Back