• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Future

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Well, the thread has turned into a monologue but I feel like keeping this alive anyways. It would be nice if someone else replied however :D

Update
I almost lost my interest in making this hack because I wasn't able to carry out certain tasks I had planned, one of them being able to edit map connections.
However, recently I got motivated into taking a look at that kind of stuff again although I had no plans on being able to succeed or anything - figuring out the structure (even with simple documentations) is really that difficult.

But guess what, I learned to do it :D
Now that I've passed that obstacle, it's natural for me to move on to doing different things like mapping and scripting the following areas.

So stay tuned for more updates !
It shouldn't take too long to put something new up :)

Edit
Actually, I could show you the new layout of West-Suden.
I made this because the old one looked kinda boring and by editing map connections, I wouldn't have to put the areas in a similar way to G/S/C.

15211395.png

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
A Video Update

lol, check this out :D

If you want to know why something as random as this is actually shown in the game, check what's written inside the "spoiler".
Spoiler:

miksy91

Years
Another video is up.
Watch it and don't forget to give feedback, whether you like it or not :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Another video is up.
Watch it and don't forget to give feedback, whether you like it or not :)

Heh, enjoyed the tour you put up. I know you said you wouldn't... however if it doesn't require a lot of effort i'd love to see another release. I enjoyed the evening I spent with and correcting the first demo, though I'm pretty sure with all the videos I've seen(and assuming thats not everything) you'd kill me before the list was half made.

miksy91

Years
Time for another update ;)

I've modified the main post so take a look at the top of page 1.
For example storyline -part has been changed quite a lot.

While at it, I decided to take a picture of the triggered script in the university.
It's of the place where you're called to go in the beginning of the game.

74048882.png

Heh, enjoyed the tour you put up. I know you said you wouldn't... however if it doesn't require a lot of effort i'd love to see another release. I enjoyed the evening I spent with and correcting the first demo, though I'm pretty sure with all the videos I've seen(and assuming thats not everything) you'd kill me before the list was half made.
Just wait patiently, another release will be up as soon as it's time for it.
I won't release it now because I'm planning on getting a little further before doing so but it's not going to take till 2012 or so :)

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Whoa a silver hack!,this is a shocker most of the time I see bland advance hacks,even though I hack the same generation,it's look quite swell so far just looking at this hack is making me itch with excitement to know that the beta won't take a year to come out,even though I haven't read the story line yet I know this will be a splendid hack solely on the scripts,and engine,anyway good luck to you mr miksy91.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Just wait patiently, another release will be up as soon as it's time for it.
I won't release it now because I'm planning on getting a little further before doing so but it's not going to take till 2012 or so :)

Sorry brah, patience was never my strong suit, however i'm glad to hear you've got a fairly close goal in mind.

miksy91

Years
Beta 1 will be up soon !!!

I first planned to hack a little further before releasing a beta but now, I've changed my mind about that. There is actually a good reason for it; there will be a place called "North Star" that I first thought about including in the release but decided to save it for later (don't want to show too much) ;)

So, it won't be long now...

miksy91

Years
Amazing news !

I've finished Beta 1.0 and have put the downloadlink for it in the first post.
It's a lot bigger than the old demo but far from the complete release, the hack is still in its early stages.

This time, "normal" gameplay is also introduced, not just scripts like in the demo.

However, that's not all :D
I should be able to get new sprites for the next version, there are now two people in Skeetendo who help me by spriting (which I can't do myself).

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Haven't seen a gen II hack in a long time, all of them I see are from you though lol, anyways this looks good, I might try it tonight when I get a chance to go on the PC...

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
=Downloaded. It's amazing. The dialogue is way better than in normal Nintendo games, and the scripts were great. ^^ The playthrough was pleasant and interesting.
The beta wasn't really hard. I had to battle the Gym Leader two times, but all the trainers were very easy. I'm hoping that difficulty will be increased in further releases.

miksy91

Years
=Downloaded. It's amazing. The dialogue is way better than in normal Nintendo games, and the scripts were great. ^^ The playthrough was pleasant and interesting.
The beta wasn't really hard. I had to battle the Gym Leader two times, but all the trainers were very easy. I'm hoping that difficulty will be increased in further releases.
Thanks for the positive feedback :)
I know that it could be harder but instead, I want to make the hack so that even people who play it with 100% speed (for example with a phone), can manage to get farther in the game without training for hours...

Difficulty is not one of the prioritys of the hack. I want to make it fun to be played by making it unique.
However, it's possible that I'll create a harder version for people who want it to be challenging as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Woohoo, it's back!

And look at you, you became so much better with scripting since the last time I checked the forums!

I'm gonna try the beta one of these days!

miksy91

Years
I took a look at this and I want to try it. It looks really good, but I do have one question. Does this game sport a custom SGB border?
No, there is still an option for choosing the border of pokemon silver.
I could probably take it out too but decided to leave it there, at least for now.
Besides, I haven't even gotten to editing title screen yet (as I can't sprite myself).

Woohoo, it's back!

And look at you, you became so much better with scripting since the last time I checked the forums!

I'm gonna try the beta one of these days!
Nice :)

But you haven't seen anything before trying it out ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015
Miksy said:
I haven't even gotten to editing titlescreen yet (as I can't sprite myself).
Just copy and paste a pokemon or trainer sprite over the old titlescreen then insert it with agiXP. :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Just copy and paste a pokemon or trainer sprite over the old titlescreen then insert it with agiXP. :P

This would be a huge problem if, oh i dunno, miksy wants a custom sprite as the title screen.
And 'just copy and pasting' is not always the way to go.
It's better to get out there and learn new things.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i like the hack it seems good i like all those little things in the scripts....lmao counter strike.... but its good to see hacks of old games :D

Back