• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
For question number 2, what if i want the player to talk to the prof. and the rival comes up and challenges him during the prof. event?

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
For question number 2, what if i want the player to talk to the prof. and the rival comes up and challenges him during the prof. event?

Do that using switches.

Half way through the chat or where you want the rival to come in, go to the event Control switches and turn a switch on.

Set the rivals event at the door or something and change the condition to the switch you set up. You will also probably need to do Set move route and set it up so he walks up towards you and the Prof.

Then click Wait for Move completion, and then setup the battle script.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2008
Hi everyone!

I need some help with trainer battles. I got it to work and all, and even the custom Pokemon and trainer sprites work properly. But I keep getting this error when battling a trainer. I think it has something to do with a script error making the trainer clueless on what to do next, the result -> it won't do anything at all. This is the error:

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `attacker' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x5740760>
PokeBattle_AI:515:in `pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2209:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'
PokeBattle_Battle:2333:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2328:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2328:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:722:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:705:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:734:in `pbStartBattleCore'

"#<PokeBattle_Battle:0xXXXXXXX>" (XXXXXXX is dynamic depending on which trainer you battle).

I would really like to get some help with this. So thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
After line 506 in PokeBattle_AI (def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)), add this to a new line:
Code:
 attacker=@battlers[index]
It should look like this:
Code:
def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)
 shouldswitch=false
 typecheck=false
 movetype=-1

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2008
After line 506 in PokeBattle_AI (def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)), add this to a new line:
Code:
It should look like this:
Code:
def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)
 shouldswitch=false
 typecheck=false
 movetype=-1

Thnx, the problem is indeed solved =)

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
Years
first you need Gamemaker, RPGMaker, Flash or some other program. Flash is $800, Gamemaker is free but limited, and is like a free trail, and RPGmaker XP has a free version you can get on Download.com.

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
Could anyone make a tutorial how to make transparent background?if possible.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2008
ok i still am having a problem with creating a working gym leader using Flameguru's Starter Kit how do i make it so the gym leader gives the badge if the person wins

this is what i have at the moment...

ohnoespokemanz.png

so can somebody help me... also does anyone have any attack animation resources because the starter kit has a lack in move animations?

thanks

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hm,
I'am new to game making, and I wanted to start making a Pokemon Game, does anyone have tutorials for real beginners - ground up. I plan to use RPG Maker 2003.

Edit: Done, I've found out RM2K3 is very simple to use, Still I need some help on:

1) I implemented my own Day/Nite system, the problem is the effect happens everywhere..But I want it to only happen outdoors. Any ideas?
2) Need help on implementing a Pokemon Battle system.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Pokemon Champion

Hi everybody. I have problem. I want to play POKEMON CHAMPION but I cant find working links. Maybe someone have this game on disc and make new link or send it me? my email is [email protected] Thanks a lot.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2008
RPG Maker VX Help

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I really need help of making a pokemon game in RPG Maker VX

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Has anyone got that FR/LG/R/S/E exclamation mark animation that appears over the people's heads?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
Help Please With Sprites...

Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

291g8xt.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
How do you edit the text in the battle system and the start menu?
(Yes, In poccils starter kit)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
1) I implemented my own Day/Nite system, the problem is the effect happens everywhere..But I want it to only happen outdoors. Any ideas?

Have it run on a switch. Call the switch something like "Outside."
When you go into a house, turn the switch off and tint the screen back up to 100, then when you leave the house, just turn back on the switch and call your tint.

Has anyone got that FR/LG/R/S/E exclamation mark animation that appears over the people's heads?

Houndoomed, not sure if ya still need it, but :
53879644za2.png

Sorry about the size, it's straight from a default Rm2k3 animation lol.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Have it run on a switch. Call the switch something like "Outside."
When you go into a house, turn the switch off and tint the screen back up to 100, then when you leave the house, just turn back on the switch and call your tint.

Houndoomed, not sure if ya still need it, but :
53879644za2.png

Sorry about the size, it's straight from a default Rm2k3 animation lol.

Awesome, just what I need! Cheers Neo ;)

edit: Oh, and just realised I don't have the little sound it makes that goes with it. Has anyone got it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back