• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
So, pikachu, marril, and riolu will follow you? I prefer that it only be pikachu that follows you, because that made yellow unique, HGSS kind of ruined it with more than 1 pokemon following you IMO. But it's no big deal, at least pokemon will follow you. Sweet!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Dunn Worry! =3 I trust many people on PC, but not all of them.

For example, you. You are trustworthy for Luminous Yellow.

I've been following this for a while, and yes it does seem to be the best Yellow Remake, also thank you.

Thanks. A gary/brock splice.

But it ruins Gary's greatness. I'll just use his FR\LG sprite.

I was thinking that it kind of looked like Brock's sprite. XD at the second part.

Update : We didn't die, ppl!

I have mapped Viridian Forest, but it reseted it self again. T_T

And so my DS has nearly stole my whole life.

So I hope the next post here is an update - ASM Routine of Pikachu, Marril and Riolu Implemented!

You told me about that Viridian Forest map thing, and I thought that was incredibly horrible. I would be devastated if something like that happened to me.

You told me that second part to how you wish someone would make homebrew hacking tools for the DS. That would be nice though.

So Pikachu, Marril and Riolu will follow the player. Let me guess.

Pikachu: Red
Marril: Kris
Riolu: You :P

NatureKeeper

I've been following this for a while, and yes it does seem to be the best Yellow Remake, also thank you.

I was thinking that it kind of looked like Brock's sprite. XD at the second part.

You told me about that Viridian Forest map thing, and I thought that was incredibly horrible. I would be devastated if something like that happened to me.

You told me that second part to how you wish someone would make homebrew hacking tools for the DS. That would be nice though.

So Pikachu, Marril and Riolu will follow the player. Let me guess.

Pikachu: Red
Marril: Kris
Riolu: You :P

Thanks, but the following has a different plan:

Riolu : Given by Riley. Any gender. Just put at first of team.
Marill: Kotone/Kris Exclusive. May be taken before Gary's first battle exchange for Pikachu.
Pikachu : E for Everyone. ^_^

anyway,
Beta 1, here we come!

Before you get overexcited and like wohoo, it's released, hold on. It is still getting tested and.. Oh well, you got me. I cannot find my PC's Power Cable. Luminous Yellow is on its hard drive. And it still has some fixes I discovered. But Beta 1 is technically ready.

Data:

*Play from Pallet to Pewter.
*Kotone's OWs are implemented.
*Pikachu or Marrill will not be able to follow you around yet-none was implemented for now.

Known bugs:

*Do not talk to the displays at Pewter Museum. (Dunno how to fix it.)

*One of the cut-trees at route two may give you TM Bullet Seed, another will give you a Potion~ (Sprite behave problems, fixable.)

Little to-dos:

*Implement Gary Battle script and Kris's exclusive Marrill script. 20 mins
*Implement Brock's HGSS sprite. 10 mins
*Implement Gary's HGSS sprite. 10 mins

Finally I may rest: *goes to PMD: Explorers of Sky... Whoops... Amp Plains?*
'-----------------------------------------'

Please be patient for about -24 hours from now. It is only a matter of time now.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Thanks, but the following has a different plan:

Riolu : Given by Riley. Any gender. Just put at first of team.
Marill: Kotone/Kris Exclusive. May be taken before Gary's first battle exchange for Pikachu.
Pikachu : E for Everyone. ^_^

anyway,
Beta 1, here we come!

Before you get overexcited and like wohoo, it's released, hold on. It is still getting tested and.. Oh well, you got me. I cannot find my PC's Power Cable. Luminous Yellow is on its hard drive. And it still has some fixes I discovered. But Beta 1 is technically ready.

Data:

*Pikachu or Marrill will not be able to follow you around yet-none was implemented for now.

Known bugs:

*Do not talk to the displays at Pewter Museum. (Dunno how to fix it.)

*One of the cut-trees at route two may give you TM Bullet Seed, another will give you a Potion~ (Sprite behave problems, fixable.)

Little to-dos:

*Implement Gary Battle script and Kris's exclusive Marrill script. 20 mins
*Implement Brock's HGSS sprite. 10 mins
*Implement Gary's HGSS sprite. 10 mins

Finally I may rest: *goes to PMD: Explorers of Sky... Whoops... Amp Plains?*
'-----------------------------------------'

Please be patient for about -24 hours from now. It is only a matter of time now.

i cant wait to play it! this is goin to be awsome!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
If we see no beta in exactly 24 hours or less, NatureKeeper's a fake. ;)

NatureKeeper

If we see no beta in exactly 24 hours or less, NatureKeeper's a fake. ;)

... my ac-cableless Pc would like to have a word with you.

As soon as my dad gets the new cable I'll finish my to-dos and I'll release this game.

.com, I'll will not consider this an offense, but you have not released Glitch City, and I eagerly want it. ;)

I am using a Laptop to type. Sometimes I use my DS. 1 hour later I'll recieve the cable and finish Luminous Yellow and release it.

Hmm.. I better work on something else right now....

Latest Joke on Luminous Yellow : Kotone is a piece of cotton! - A friend from my school~

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Latest Joke on Luminous Yellow : Kotone is a piece of cotton! - A friend from my school~

Okaaaay... xD

I kept a little eye on this thread since a while and I hope the beta will be awesome (I don't know about Yellow, I've never played it...)!^^ The screenies looked alright (Ruby basic tiles? Pretty uncommon but cool!^^), the mapping looks quite good (kinda like Nintendo style!^^)!^^ Hope you gonna make Pikachu follow you because that is the thing that I really wanna see in there (that and some new awesome sidequests or some differences in the story...) I'd like to suggest an idea:

Do you know about the Imakuni? trick in Green? (Have a Pokeflute in the 6th slot of the bag, have a team full of Psyducks and Slowpokes with a ? as the last letter (SLOWPOKE?), battle all trainers on S.S. Anne, get into the kitchen and battle all the cooking guys, then Imakuni dances in the room, after his performence you can battle him, tried it it worked!^^) Maybe you could include it with some event with the rivals cuz almost no one has seen it and it would bring something "new" for most of the people here (without the SLOWPOKE? thingie and the Pokeflute, and after the battle you receive a Slowpoke or Psyduck!^^), after that he could be a mini-rival like Wally!^^

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

I kept a little eye on this thread since a while and I hope the beta will be awesome (I don't know about Yellow, I've never played it...)!^^ The screenies looked alright (Ruby basic tiles? Pretty uncommon but cool!^^), the mapping looks quite good (kinda like Nintendo style!^^)!^^ Hope you gonna make Pikachu follow you because that is the thing that I really wanna see in there (that and some new awesome sidequests or some differences in the story...) I'd like to suggest an idea:

Do you know about the Imakuni? trick in Green? (Have a Pokeflute in the 6th slot of the bag, have a team full of Psyducks and Slowpokes with a ? as the last letter (SLOWPOKE?), battle all trainers on S.S. Anne, get into the kitchen and battle all the cooking guys, then Imakuni dances in the room, after his performence you can battle him, tried it it worked!^^) Maybe you could include it with some event with the rivals cuz almost no one has seen it and it would bring something "new" for most of the people here (without the SLOWPOKE? thingie and the Pokeflute, and after the battle you receive a Slowpoke or Psyduck!^^), after that he could be a mini-rival like Wally!^^

Ok, in arrangment:

1- Imakuni : Never heard about that in my life.
2- Green thingy : Ditto
3- S.S. Anne : ...Useless, the truck will be sad.
4- Mini-rivals : Might include that.
'-------'

Thanks, Lati-Fan95. And by the way, what do you want for Thank-you mail? :/

NatureKeeper

Sorry guys~

It seems like my father was too busy to get the AC cable today. I did, however try to search for the old one, but it was a failure, I tried to use my monitors' cable, and it worked, but... I cannot use a PC without a screen~

I need a suggestion: Is it ok to connect the monitor video cable to the laptop?

Because if the screen could go on the Laptop's scren it'd be good, until somebody's free to get me the new AC cable before the weekend.

I cannot give an official release date for beta 1 as of now.

Anyway,

I am sorry I couldn't keep up to my promise. I wish I could access Windows Narrator.

But anyway, I hope you do understand me, If It was for me, really I wanna show you guys my work. But, Luck is not with us. Let's hope I get it soon, because my father seems too busy....

Sigh... I really wish I was hacking on my DS. This is discouraging...

I am sorry tanui and everybody, especially Raichu_is_Awesome. I let you down, but as soon as I get the cable you are recieving something special by PM:

tanui
King Cyndaquil
Team Rocket's Raichu

.. Thanks to .com's discouragement, fate doesn't appear to be withnus.

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Ok, in arrangment:

1- Imakuni : Never heard about that in my life.
2- Green thingy : Ditto
3- S.S. Anne : ...Useless, the truck will be sad.
4- Mini-rivals : Might include that.
'-------'

Thanks, Lati-Fan95. And by the way, what do you want for Thank-you mail? :/

Lol I remember the truck (and I don't know why it's in...^^) !^^ And...

1/Imakuni is a weird guy that made some Pokemon CDs in Japan (that's the reason for many events with him in older Pokegames, such as the S.S. Anne event in Green), he looks kinda freaky just look at Bulbapedia he also has his own Pokemon cards, and he's pretty unknown, so I thought it'd be a cool idea to include him to also bring a nostalgic feeling into it... (In case you wanna do it (what you probably won't but maybe somone else will, so...^^) , just make all the cooking guys (don't know the english word for that...) trainers, and after you battled all, Imakuni comes in and does whatever an Imakuni does (a stupid dance) , and after you destroyed him, he gives you a Slowpoke or a Psyduck (you can choose). After that, he appears here and there (maybe you could make him a very weird Rocket Admin, a plain freaky thief or a mini-rival noob that wants to get owned, and when you did that in Green, Imakuni is also the new champ but that would be way too much for a mini-rival...) ... Well, I guess it's alright that cha don't take the idea just wanted to write this off my soul... xD Really, I have good ideas most of the time, PM or VM me if you need any!^^

2. Pokemon Green is the very first Pokemon Edition, but for some reason, it wasn't very popular, but Red was, so Nintendo took all the Pokemon Greens out, worked over them and updated the graphics and released it as Pokemon Blue, which was sold very quickly (no one really knows why... And yeah, I'm a true Pokefreak!^^ )!^^

3.I guess the truck could handle cuz I know that the truck is the toughest I've ever seen in my life since amost no one saw it really in-game, so I guess he could handle S.S. Anne and Imkauni? ! xD

The beta: Man, that's disappointing but honestly, I wouldn't have played it anyway today, I didn't wanna play hacks today...^^ Hope you'll get that darn cable fast, so that we'll be able to play it pretty soon, I got pretty excited about this for some reason...^^

The thank You Mail: You can gimme anything (even Plain Seeds) as a Thank You, I'll accept anything!^^

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Delay may be required

Sorry guys~

It seems like my father was too busy to get the AC cable today. I did, however try to search for the old one, but it was a failure, I tried to use my monitors' cable, and it worked, but... I cannot use a PC without a screen~

Because if the screen could go on the Laptop's scren it'd be good, until somebody's free to get me the new AC cable before the weekend.

Anyway,

I am sorry I couldn't keep up to my promise. I wish I could access Windows Narrator.

But anyway, I hope you do understand me, If It was for me, really I wanna show you guys my work. But, Luck is not with us. Let's hope I get it soon, because my father seems too busy....

I am sorry tanui and everybody, especially Raichu_is_Awesome. I let you down, but as soon as I get the cable you are recieving something special by PM:

tanui
King Cyndaquil
Team Rocket's Raichu

No problem dude :P i can wait a bit longer.. as long as i get to play it XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Delay may be required

Sorry guys~

Anyway,

tanui
King Cyndaquil
Team Rocket's Raichu

Sorry for not posting a while, life has been chaos here too. :P

I feel sorry for what has been happening to you, and thanks for mentioning me. You didn't let me down that much you're making a much better hack than I possibly ever could. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
... my ac-cableless Pc would like to have a word with you.

As soon as my dad gets the new cable I'll finish my to-dos and I'll release this game.

.com, I'll will not consider this an offense, but you have not released Glitch City, and I eagerly want it. ;)

I am using a Laptop to type. Sometimes I use my DS. 1 hour later I'll recieve the cable and finish Luminous Yellow and release it.

Hmm.. I better work on something else right now....

Delay may be required

Sorry guys~

Anyway,

tanui
King Cyndaquil
Team Rocket's Raichu

Relax.. it was a joke. lol

Oh, and Glitch City... The nostalgia. xD Maybe that'll return at some point. ;)

NatureKeeper

That's why hackers shouldn't give out release dates...
Anyways Keeper G'luck and hope to see release soon ;)

Thanks, Ketchum.

Lol I remember the truck (and I don't know why it's in...^^) !^^ And...

1/Imakuni is a weird guy that made some Pokemon CDs in Japan (that's the reason for many events with him in older Pokegames, such as the S.S. Anne event in Green), he looks kinda freaky just look at Bulbapedia he also has his own Pokemon cards, and he's pretty unknown, so I thought it'd be a cool idea to include him to also bring a nostalgic feeling into it... (In case you wanna do it (what you probably won't but maybe somone else will, so...^^) , just make all the cooking guys (don't know the english word for that...) trainers, and after you battled all, Imakuni comes in and does whatever an Imakuni does (a stupid dance) , and after you destroyed him, he gives you a Slowpoke or a Psyduck (you can choose). After that, he appears here and there (maybe you could make him a very weird Rocket Admin, a plain freaky thief or a mini-rival noob that wants to get owned, and when you did that in Green, Imakuni is also the new champ but that would be way too much for a mini-rival...) ... Well, I guess it's alright that cha don't take the idea just wanted to write this off my soul... xD Really, I have good ideas most of the time, PM or VM me if you need any!^^

2. Pokemon Green is the very first Pokemon Edition, but for some reason, it wasn't very popular, but Red was, so Nintendo took all the Pokemon Greens out, worked over them and updated the graphics and released it as Pokemon Blue, which was sold very quickly (no one really knows why... And yeah, I'm a true Pokefreak!^^ )!^^

3.I guess the truck could handle cuz I know that the truck is the toughest I've ever seen in my life since amost no one saw it really in-game, so I guess he could handle S.S. Anne and Imkauni? ! xD

The beta: Man, that's disappointing but honestly, I wouldn't have played it anyway today, I didn't wanna play hacks today...^^ Hope you'll get that darn cable fast, so that we'll be able to play it pretty soon, I got pretty excited about this for some reason...^^

The thank You Mail: You can gimme anything (even Plain Seeds) as a Thank You, I'll accept anything!^^

I know green, since it's remake was my first game (LeafGreen) not the glitch of the flute, however, but the Imkauni, not.

I can recreate Imkauni, but not the Glitch. Sorry. Imkauni cannot be champ, but that idea, maybe.

And OK, I'll get you a Sleep or X-eye, OK?

No problem dude :P i can wait a bit longer.. as long as i get to play it XD

... Thanks.

Sorry for not posting a while, life has been chaos here too. :P

I feel sorry for what has been happening to you, and thanks for mentioning me. You didn't let me down that much you're making a much better hack than I possibly ever could. :P

Thanks, Raichu.

P.S.: Do you really want Giovanni with a Raichu in Luminous Yellow? I thought you wanted Surge to?

Relax.. it was a joke. lol

Oh, and Glitch City... The nostalgia. xD Maybe that'll return at some point. ;)

Please do return it. It's my favorite out of your hacks. :D

NatureKeeper

As the title says...

Pokémon Luminous Version Beta 1 is Released!

Thanks for waiting, guys.

Data:

*Brock and Gary's Battle Sprites are not yet implemented.

Known bugs:

*Do not talk to the displays at Pewter Museum. (Not confirmed)

*One of the cut-trees at route two may give you TM Bullet Seed, another will give you a Potion~ (I forgot to fix it - Bugfix 1.1 soon)

*Oak's PC in the lab changes sprite upon use.

Oddities:

*Marill is at level 7 instead of 5 - it is meant. (too weak to battle Gary)
*Some Grammar oddities \ Text off screen.

The ???? when you whiteout is meant.

That's all.

Raichu is Awesome should recieve a PM some day later about a special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back