• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Running Shoes inside buildings

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
Seriously? It's called a hex editor. HxD is the best, but GoldFinger supports .tbl files. Heck, there is even hex editor on the app store if you want to hack on the go.:D

Will they work on ROMs that have been previously run through a randomizer, or do I have to edit them first?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Will they work on ROMs that have been previously run through a randomizer, or do I have to edit them first?

All a hex editor does is open the game up in it's binary code (as hexidecimals of course). It doesn't matter what you do to the game, you could corrupt the game beyond repair and the hex editor will still open the file.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
All a hex editor does is open the game up in it's binary code (as hexidecimals of course). It doesn't matter what you do to the game, you could corrupt the game beyond repair and the hex editor will still open the file.

EDIT: Holy cow how do I do this (See attachment)? I'm using Emerald, and I had to use GoldFinger because when trying to use HxD, it required the admin password, and even when my dad entered it, it would say "I have some issues starting up. Relaunch me!" It didn't work either of the two times I tried.
Is 1.7.7.0 the latest version of HxD?

You shouldn't be using Ctrl+F (find), you need to use Ctrl+G (go to). In this tutorial HackMew has given you the offsets which you need to change to 00 rather than a line of code which you're supposed to find for yourself.

I don't understand then. Could you please explain what we are looking for, how we find it, and what we replace it with? (EDIT: Okay, I've figured out that I have to replace 0811A1E8 with 0011A1E8, but when I type in that offset in the "Go to" box, nothing appears. Granted, that could be because of how it's displaying. I do not know how to manually locate 0811A1E8 because nothing like that is being listed in the table.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
EDIT: Holy cow how do I do this (See attachment)? I'm using Emerald, and I had to use GoldFinger because when trying to use HxD, it required the admin password, and even when my dad entered it, it would say "I have some issues starting up. Relaunch me!" It didn't work either of the two times I tried.
Is 1.7.7.0 the latest version of HxD?

I don't understand then. Could you please explain what we are looking for, how we find it, and what we replace it with? (EDIT: Okay, I've figured out that I have to replace 0811A1E8 with 0011A1E8, but when I type in that offset in the "Go to" box, nothing appears. Granted, that could be because of how it's displaying. I do not know how to manually locate 0811A1E8 because nothing like that is being listed in the table.)

You need to go to 0811A1E8 and replace 08 with 00. However, Hex Editors will tell you that doesn't exist, because all they do is display the rom - when using the goto function, just remove the beginning 08.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2020
You need to go to 0811A1E8 and replace 08 with 00. However, Hex Editors will tell you that doesn't exist, because all they do is display the rom - when using the goto function, just from the beginning 08.

Yes, I have since figured out that they most certainly will tell you that. For future reference, for anybody that needs clarification, in order to go to 0811A1E8, you have to only search the last six digits (11A1E8). Then your editor will take you to a byte labeled "08". That is what you replace with "00".

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks for your hard work even being years ago it is still really useful for my VBA pokemon games! I also wondered if there is a way of running indoors with a cheat code as oppose to modifying the rom itself? I am trying to use my AR for my Emerald Cart as I prefer to play on my GBA and don't really want to get an EZ Flash.

Back