• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team of Curiosity

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Okay so I was just wondering what you guys think about my current B2 team. Constructive criticism is very welcome! (I've just finished battling Marlon, and now am I on my way toward Plasma's ship.)

Infernape Lv. 49
@ Leftovers
Fire Spin
Work Up
Close Combat
Mach Punch

Electabuzz Lv. 51
@ Shell Bell
ThunderPunch
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Low Kick

Swampert Lv. 52
@ Rocky Helmet
Protect
Surf
Earthquake
Muddy Water

Roserade Lv. 53
@ Lucky Egg
Magical Leaf
Weather Ball
Venoshock
Petal Dance

Pupitar Lv. 48
@ [No Item]
Dark Pulse
Crunch
Thrash
Rock Slide

Volcarona Lv. 47
@ Shell Bell
Struggle Bug
Psychic
Will-O-Wisp
Fire Spin

Thanks!

Years
You will need a bit of moveset work done.

For Infernape, Fire Spin is unreliable cos of its low Base Power. Try Flamethrower instead since it hits harder and has more reliable accuracy. Fire Blast is also good if you want to focus more on power and less on accuracy.

Venoshock doesn't do much unless if the target is poisoned, so you should teach Roserade Toxic, which the TM is found in Seaside Cave. Magical Leaf has perfect accuracy, but it's BP is a little weak. Try teaching Energy Ball instead, which has a neat chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense.

Pupitar has low Special Attack, so try replacing Dark Pulse with a Ground STAB. It'll learn Earthquake pretty soon after evolving into Tyranitar, but you can make do with Dig before then.

Volcarona's STAB moves are very weak, try teaching it Flamethrower/Fire Blast and if you have Red Shards, go to Driftveil City's Move Tutor so you can get Signal Beam. Will-O-Wisp is a bit redundant thanks to Flame Body. If you have Yellow Shards, go to Humilau City's Move Tutor to teach it Giga Drain so it gets a bit of coverage against its Rock/Ground/Water weakness.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Exactly what Hikari said.
To make the E4+1 a little bit easier, try to get those guys up to lvl60. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Exactly what Hikari said.
To make the E4+1 a little bit easier, try to get those guys up to lvl60. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Last edited:
Back