• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
Years
I'm sorry, guys! I've been gone for a while...

So, to "fix" the visual issue, I'm going to post the sprite in a thumbnail and a link.

This is Retribution's character:
picture.php

And, if all else fails, here's a link to my album:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8546

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm sorry, guys! I've been gone for a while...

So, to "fix" the visual issue, I'm going to post the sprite in a thumbnail and a link.

This is Retribution's character:
picture.php

And, if all else fails, here's a link to my album:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8546

She looks pretty wide, which gives of her image. Try making a thinner sprite. At some places, the outlining becomes jagged, so I would advise you to check it back. Also, the legs look too far apart. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.

Trainer Jun

Years
She looks pretty wide, which gives of her image. Try making a thinner sprite. At some places, the outlining becomes jagged, so I would advise you to check it back. Also, the legs look too far apart. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.

The base sprite is a splice of a few different ones. It's probably because I mixed multiple gens' sprites that it looks odd to you. It appears fine to me, and is one of my better works.

It might need some tweaking... But it was hard to get it posted, and if it's the thumbnail you're seeing, it may be a bit distorted. Are you viewing it in the original 64x64 format? Try saving the file and opening it up in paint or irfanview. Maybe it does need work, though... Oh, well. I made it while eating cheez-its, so... Yeah... :laugh:

Edit:
picture.php

Is this any better? I know I haven't fixed the legs, but at least the dress doesn't seem as stiff and protruding as it did. I'm not really sure if I want to edit the legs at all, though.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
tumblr_inline_mkexhtFTPa1qz4rgp.png

This is probably the first completely original, not-created-for-profit sprite I've drawn in about a year, at the request of a friend. Before any aspiring cetologists come down on me, yes, I'm aware that it has more of a fish-like tail than whale-like flukes. This is by design.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think the nose-needle can have a black pixel at the bottom end, because it is inclined downward and your implication might have been to make it pointed like Pinocchio. I most certainly feel that the sprite has been shaded perfectly, and good anti-aliasing given to the belly. The design looks pretty cool, and it looks rather simple enough, with no designs and complexions.

As for Trainer Jun, I cannot see your edit.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
jwaL7MQ.gif

Hi. First try at fakemon spriting in a long time. Did this from scratch. I need lots of critique. Thanks!

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
jwaL7MQ.gif

Hi. First try at fakemon spriting in a long time. Did this from scratch. I need lots of critique. Thanks!
Ahum. I have three things:

• the outline is rough in some areas
  • no anti-aliasing
  • the flames don't look 'real' enough
By not real enough, they're kind of floppy. Look at Moltres's B2/W2 sprite for instance:
Spr_5b_146.png

The fire is jagged and smooth in places, there's orange seperating the yellow and red and it kind of attaches itself to Moltres, while as yours looks like it's not part of the Fakémon.
Also, what exactly is it designed after?

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Is this a good sprite? My sister is encouraging, it is me! It's an attachment!

Also, how do you enlarge sprites for the avatar?( same guy who made thread!)

Learned to enlarge! All i need is your rating!

hi I'm new how to animate sprites!

Last edited by a moderator:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Eh, the bulk in the first try, getting a Fakemon.

SharkDude_zps3e0a078b.png

And no, this isn't that joke. He just wants his mama.
[Done with eleven colors, from scratch]

Trainer Jun

Years
Is this a good sprite? My sister is encouraging, it is me! It's an attachment!

Also, how do you enlarge sprites for the avatar?( same guy who made thread!)

Learned to enlarge! All i need is your rating!

It's pretty good. The limbs need some work, and you might want to look at anti-aliasing some parts, but it's a great design. Your sister is right to push you.

And I'm getting frustrated with my images not showing up. They are easily viewable on my laptop, though it may be your browser. I use Chrome. Anyway, here it is:
picture.php

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8546&pictureid=69933

Now, you should at least be able to see the attachment. I'm just going to post like this from now on.

ChronasDaKid

Enraged Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Can someone give me their opinion on my 64x64 Volkner, i changed the outfit a bit.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Can someone give me their opinion on my 64x64 Volkner, i changed the outfit a bit.

OK, so first I'll point out the flaws and how to improve them. Volkner's head is too big for his body, which gives the impression that he is a child. The body is also more horizontally inclined, which makes Volkner look short and stubby. His legs should be longer a bit. Also, the outlines are messy and that gives the impression of a hurried resize. You mightt want to go back there and fix them.

And then it looks pretty nice. Just resize the head, too.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
WHO LIKES R/S/E SPRITE REMAKES AND BOLD, ITALIC AND UNDERLINE TEXT WITH LOT'S OF GRAMMAR ERRORS, QUESTION MARKS???????????
flygonremake_zpsdd3db6e0.png
Thank God I don't write like that in real life

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
WHO LIKES R/S/E SPRITE REMAKES AND BOLD, ITALIC AND UNDERLINE TEXT WITH LOT'S OF GRAMMAR ERRORS, QUESTION MARKS???????????
flygonremake_zpsdd3db6e0.png
Thank God I don't write like that in real life

Meeeeeee ^^^ ~

Meh it is cool. Dat makeover is look nice on Flygon. Awesome is anti-aliasing the.

Looks sprite good the. It like I.

Job great eyes the with.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The guy at the right does not match with his head. And his hands and body make up an awkward pose. The middle guy has a weird spot on his eye, and that makes him a bit eerie.

That aside, you've made them look good, although I can identify traces from other trainers on them.

But yeah, cool stuff you've got there.

Years
Tweaked a few pixels on the guy on the right to try and sort that out.

Uniform1.png

As for the guy in the centre do you mean his eye colour? Also yeah I can't scratch body parts that well so I stick to frankensteining and heavy modification, I work better when I have a base pose to scratch clothing onto.

Last edited:

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
L5Aj75q.png

this is for a game and i did a lil xerneas for that. it looks bad to me but i really can't figure out what was bad so i just needed to share this out. id be so happy if youd just criticise it :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Tweaked a few pixels on the guy on the right to try and sort that out.

Uniform1.png

As for the guy in the centre do you mean his eye colour? Also yeah I can't scratch body parts that well so I stick to frankensteining and heavy modification, I work better when I have a base pose to scratch clothing onto.

Yussssssssssssssssssss it's much better now. And the head fits the body. About the middle one, I thought it had colour problems, that's what I meant. Good luck, tho~

L5Aj75q.png

this is for a game and i did a lil xerneas for that. it looks bad to me but i really can't figure out what was bad so i just needed to share this out. id be so happy if youd just criticise it :)

You made this Xerneas for a game? There are few pixels outside the outline which you should cover up and the outlining made bust since it's a small sprite. This gives a very catoony effect so I suggest you put in LESS anti-aliasing and MORE selective outlining. Your problem might have been that you made it small, so you can't see much details here. Good job with the other things tho~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back