• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm also thinking it's just a large amount of info compared to what we've gotten before... Although the possibility of it being something completely unprecedented that we have no chance of guessing at this point also remains.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
im being that the new mewtwo poke will be part fairy and as far as its been said before, i doubt it will be anything big, i believe they r gonna reveal some good things, but nothing to mind blowing, it mostly just a scheme to drum up more sells

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Toxeon was fake. It was leaked or made up by pokemonjungle.com.

No no no, Pokejungle only posts batches of rumors because the visitors always enjoy reading them (myself included) They're not the ones making these up. That IAMTHELEAKER dude supposedly was just doing a social experiment and decided to use Pokejungle as his place of operations. They've always put disclaimers and warnings about the rumors when posting them too.
Off-topic, but I just wanted to make that clear.

That idea about revealing Ash's father... I really don't think this will be related to the anime series. Plus, I feel like that would be one of those things that they either never release or won't until the end of the series itself.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
That idea about revealing Ash's father... I really don't think this will be related to the anime series. Plus, I feel like that would be one of those things that they either never release or won't until the end of the series itself.

You could kind of say that we already know who his father is since there is an episode where a boy is talking to an adult about being as good as Ash and then you can see that ''I know who it is'' face on the adult and we've never seen this adult in the anime either.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
My guesses:

R/S remakes in full 3d like x and y and have gen 6 pokemon, and revealed that most evolutions to past pokemon are frome hoenn

x and y can be made into a full fledged MMO.

A bunch of new pokemon, maybe a legend or 2 like mewtwo's other forms

A completely new and shocking pokemon game on wii u that would blow our minds.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Considering that a lot of people need to get a 3DS just to play X and Y, I don't think they'd make a game, not a main series one or one as big as an MMO, on a different device already when they just made the switch to 3DS anyways.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
It's gotta be something totally unexpected, like... ANOTHER RARE WEATHER CONDITION!! But this one happens all the time, and it's totally unexpected and weird.

Like raining S'mores.

Another new type sounds a bit... unexciting, seeing as they already revealed a new type. Not hating on anyone's creativity, just a-sayin'.

Maelstrom

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Let's see if the big scoop is a Pokemon MMORPG on the Wii U.

My guesses:

R/S remakes in full 3d like x and y and have gen 6 pokemon, and revealed that most evolutions to past pokemon are frome hoenn

x and y can be made into a full fledged MMO.

A bunch of new pokemon, maybe a legend or 2 like mewtwo's other forms

A completely new and shocking pokemon game on wii u that would blow our minds.

They WILL NOT announce another "Major Titled" game. Why? Why would they announce another game when the game they are currently marketing ISN'T OUT YET? Guys, seriously common sense. This isn't even something you NEED experience in to understand. They are currently marketing a Major Pokemon Title to release in 2 months world wide. Why in god's green earth would they start marketing another game when they have NOT released their currently marketed game yet?

We will not see any new major titles for up to a year or two after the release of the current one. There will be no Remake information for another TWO YEARS people. This is not just to the two quoted because others have said this, there is a whole new thread about remakes in PGC. They will not release information about another major game for a while.

On a lighter note;
If its a Wii U game, it won't be from Gamefreak. It'll be someone else, but with the 3DS' technology the need for a 3D Wii U battle game is pretty much non-existent. Chances of a new Stadium or PBR are fairly low. Colosseum or XD have a slightly higher chance, but something like these most likely won't even be shown for another 6 months to give X and Y proper sell time.

A bit of negative, keep in mind CoroCoro is for Japanese Readers. This could be a new store, merchandise or even a theme park as well. I don't remember them saying anything specific towards Pokemon. I've asked a friend to look over the scans that he has, cause the last time with the Serebii translation error my friend told me that what the Serebii translator had said didn't exist. He'll tell me if he sees anything out of the ordinary this time, but I haven't heard back yet. From what I remember he said there wasn't a specific target, only that it was pokemon related, but Pokemon encompass more than just the games, the Anime, TCG, as well as real world locations are possible to be effected and a real world change locally would be a scoop of a century on scale for Japan.

Chances of a new or another game are pretty much 0.

Chances its X and Y related are pretty good, but personally, as I stated earlier in another post, its most likely about Mewtwo who hasn't been updated yet despite his movie being out already.

Chances of it being related to the TCG, a real world Location, or the Anime are all about equal and about as high as the video games' possibility.

There are many rumors still floating around and I have my doubts that they are related to this news update.

There is another possibility as well that my brother just let out as a snide remark, there is a possibility that the older games can be released onto the 3DS Market if its international related. Since there really hasn't been any sort of update State wide on Pokemon.com or any of the other non-japanese Pokemon websites, chances that this "Biggest scoop of the century" are local to Japan only are actually pretty good. If its supposed to be a large scale announcement it would have been promoted internationally.

blue

gucci
Years
It will most likely be an over abundance of information, more so than previous scoops on X and Y, maybe even more pages of information dedicated to new Pokémon, characters etc. I can almost guarantee it won't be a new game, as Xander said Pokémon X and Y are still two months of being released...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it's on the next movie...but it's too early as the Mewtwo movie was last month...
Likely we'll know by the end of the week (well for those of us in the western hemisphere) as irc it's due out on the 13th (in Japan which due to time zones is around half a day or so ahead of the West. Hemisphere), or next monday at the latest.

Years
Agreed with XanderO, announcing a new game even before X&Y is released will just be a terrible marketing move on Nintendo's part.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it's a event that will occur on release like BW had with Victini and B2W2 had with Genesect (the Alpha and Omega of the regional dex and like wise for the generation...)...could be Mewtwo too. It could be an in game event as to not break the game having such a powerful Pokémon so early.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Maybe it's a event that will occur on release like BW had with Victini and B2W2 had with Genesect (the Alpha and Omega of the regional dex and like wise for the generation...)...could be Mewtwo too. It could be an in game event as to not break the game having such a powerful Pokémon so early.

I think that the best way to do that is you have to hold on the item that comes from the mystery gift for a while. Once you reach the point where you can catch the in-game legendarily you can activate the event.

I think that it could be a third game in the Colosseum and XD line for the Wii U. The story sorta wrapped up after XD, but I would be willing to play another game like that again. I would want the story to be more like Colosseum and the game play to be more like XD.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Does anyone think that the actual scoop might be something else than new mechanics and Pokemon? I think it has to something else.

blue

gucci
Years
Well there is still a final "???" Section on the official website, usually those tabs are dedicated to exclusive features to the game. It could be something that impacts and/or changes one of the core mechanics in the games.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno how big a scoop it's really gonna be, things are kinda overhyped in these things, so Im prepared for it to not be something terribly exciting, it could be that it's just a lot of new info and not just one specific thing, I dunno what could really top a new type being added, I could always be wrong and hopefully it's a really cool new game changing feature/mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back