• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
GHFAwAB.png

New sprite, a pre-evolution of Solrock and Lunatone

EDIT:
Usually I dislike fish pokemon, so I wasn't planning on making one, but I came up with this design based on the sign for nuclear radiation. I quite like it. Opinions?
3LZhBXA.png

EDIT 2:
It's evolution, Fishion, based on the Lionfish, a very poisonous fish.
33eIJ11.png

EDIT 3:
Three new sprites. I have a lot of time tonight because I'm having to stay up 'till 3 o'clock.
sBEBJog.png

dmOJ6iV.png

I went with a minimalistic shading style for these.

kyId1Pv.png

I haven't included this one in the dex, because I don't like it enough to be a singular pokemon and I can't design an evolution.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I haven't stopped spriting. I'm on holiday, but I have exams next week, so I stay in the house, while my family does fun stuff. :/ This does leave me with a lot of free time, because I'm not studying 8 hours a day.

So I made a lot of new sprites. A fire starter line, A pseudo-psychic line, a redesign, an evolution of an existing pokemon, and an evolution of an older one of mine. And a teapot.

I'll include them in this spoiler. Because I'm not on my own pc, I don't have the font I use in the dex, so the names are above the sprites, instead of in the picture.
Fire starters line:
Spoiler:

Pseudo-Psychic Line:
Spoiler:

Redesign:
Spoiler:

Evolution of Fakemon:
Spoiler:

Evolution of existing pokemon:
Spoiler:

And a teapot fakemon:
Spoiler:

Here's the dex with everything added:
Spoiler:

It's almost full! I'm quite excited. I just need to make a water starter, five regular fakes, and 9 legendaries.

If you have any ideas for sprites, go ahead and state them, if you have a better name for one, give it! If you thought of a dex description, a move pool or stats, just post them. Or if you just want to say something, like criticism or appreciation, go ahead, comments are really appreciated. :)

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Just went through this entire thread; I'm in awe. It made me want to start spriting so, so badly! Keep up the good work man, this is absolutely amazing and if you make Pokemon Eclipse into a ROM or something, I'll definitely be playing. The Corsola pre-evo and evolution and Balicky are so great! Persian's evolution is fantastic, too.

Hell, I'd even pay for this game.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Just went through this entire thread; I'm in awe. It made me want to start spriting so, so badly! Keep up the good work man, this is absolutely amazing and if you make Pokemon Eclipse into a ROM or something, I'll definitely be playing. The Corsola pre-evo and evolution and Balicky are so great! Persian's evolution is fantastic, too.

Thanks! That's a great thing to hear :) It's going to be a RPGmaker game, so playable on atleast pc and maybe your phone, depends on how the app gets along.

Hell, I'd even pay for this game.

Hmm, I'll take note of that.

In further news, I'm designing a water starter, and it's going okayish.
First two stages are down, and included in the spoiler tag below. I'm working on the final stage, but I have two designs, which I both equally like and dislike, so I'm working both of them out, and I'll see which one I'll like the most.

Spoiler:

They don't have names yet, so come on in with your suggestion!

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
New update, I haven't had time to sprite as much, as I had exams last week, and I do wanna go to uni next year, so, well, priorities.

Here's some work I did for LightningAlex, a protagonist for his game Pokémon Metal

CBmFtay.png

A lot of overworld stuff.
Spoiler:

Edit: Another trainer sprite, This one is fully scratched, with exception of the hands. I'm quite proud of how it turned out, as it's the first trainer sprite I made from scratch.

y4GHj8T.png

Last edited:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
And there's updates!

Love your fully-scratched (minus the hands) mob looking character; he'd make a great evil boss of some description. Leader of your in-game Team Rocket, mayhaps? The shading on the suit is incredible, too. The female trainer sprite is rather nice, too. The simple looking clothing seems to compliment the intense hairdo, which you've also pulled off amazingly. And all dat overworld spriting, good lord. RELEASE A GAAAAME.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
And there's updates!

Love your fully-scratched (minus the hands) mob looking character; he'd make a great evil boss of some description. Leader of your in-game Team Rocket, mayhaps? The shading on the suit is incredible, too. The female trainer sprite is rather nice, too. The simple looking clothing seems to compliment the intense hairdo, which you've also pulled off amazingly. And all dat overworld spriting, good lord. RELEASE A GAAAAME.

Well, when I started spriting I just wanted him to be a new trainer class. but he turned out way smugger and kinda evilish than I originally planned. The suit was really hard to do and no fun at all, haha, really, **** stripes. I'm happy with how it turned out, though. If you want to play it, I have a small demo, with an even smalller variety of my fakemon that is available for play here. I haven't worked on it in a while, except for spriting, so the demo is the game in it's state now.

About the other trainer, that's a guy, haha, he's a metalhead, as he's for the game pokemon Metal. He does look a bit androgynous.

I also changed the mouth on the Business guy:
9u3Cf7g.png

He gets holes in his head with a black background, so that makes him look really weird.

Years
Thanks! That's a great thing to hear :) It's going to be a RPGmaker game, so playable on atleast pc and maybe your phone, depends on how the app gets along.

Hmm, I'll take note of that.

In further news, I'm designing a water starter, and it's going okayish.
First two stages are down, and included in the spoiler tag below. I'm working on the final stage, but I have two designs, which I both equally like and dislike, so I'm working both of them out, and I'll see which one I'll like the most.

Spoiler:

They don't have names yet, so come on in with your suggestion!

I love those!

Quick Name List:
Muskret (Muskrat + Musket)
Bazookrat (Bazooka + Muskrat)
Leveaver (Levee + Beaver)
Castorm (Castor + Storm)
Launchuck (Launch + Woodchuck)
Marmory (Marmot + Armory)
Torrentail (Torrential + tail)
Beavortex (Beaver + Vortex)

Let me know if any of them were helpful...or not :p

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I love those!

Quick Name List:
Muskret (Muskrat + Musket)
Bazookrat (Bazooka + Muskrat)
Leveaver (Levee + Beaver)
Castorm (Castor + Storm)
Launchuck (Launch + Woodchuck)
Marmory (Marmot + Armory)
Torrentail (Torrential + tail)
Beavortex (Beaver + Vortex)

Let me know if any of them were helpful...or not :p

I'm using those! Those are amazing. Muskret is the basic, Torrentail is the evolution, and I think Beavortex will be the final evolution.

Here are those again, but in the dex squares:
8n16cMn.png

rk4vgwc.png

One new sprite, I'm designing an evolution for him, have a line art saved I'm working on saved on my pc now.
SZTPPtk.png

I only need 5 more sprites before I have all normal pokémon designed, and then I need to do all the backsprites :(
The last row will be designated for legendaries, as the whole mythology of pokémon in Sinnoh intrigued me.
I'm working on a legendary based on King Midas, one on a Djinn, a sun bird, a moon turtle, and figuring out some other ideas.

Here is the dex till now:
Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
A1ZdJiN.png

Just a quick update to show what I'm working on. It's a legendary based on king midas, although I'm not sure it's got that pokémon feel too it, but on the other hand, I think it's kinda allowed with legendaries. I'll try to work it out, as I'm working on this concept for a week now, and it's not going that well. I don't know if I'll have time to work on anything pixel related this weekend, so I wanted to make this post to atleast show I'm not slacking in activity.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I do have time! No inspiration, though, so I decided to start working on the back and shiny sprites. I only did Foaleaf, but atleast I did something.

I made two new dexes, one for backsprites, and one for shiny sprites.

Foaleaf:
Spoiler:

Shiny Dex:
Spoiler:

Backsprite Dex:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Mind if I give some feedback on your Fakedex? :>

When it comes to Fakemon designing, your biggest strength is making them feel as if they are actual Pokémon. I see too much of the whole Dark/Psychic wolves or the Steel/Dragon dinosaurs, but your ideas, like Gloomouton and Mynx, is something that I would love to see in the Pokémon games. My favourite Fakemon of yours is Cradapt. I like the idea of a hermit crab changing forms depending on the location; it kind of reminds me of how hermit crabs change shells from time to time. :P

Your biggest flaw with your Fakedex is the body shape of most of these Fakemon. I know that sounds odd, presuming your making this for fun, but to me, the body shape of a character is always essential. For example, Cryorse and Frostallion share similar body shapes. If we were to cover them up with a silhouette, we would sort of have trouble figuring it out. If your Fakemon had more diverse body shapes, it would be easier to identify with them more.

Otherwise, this is a nice Fakedex you got there. Keep up the good work. ;)

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
When it comes to Fakemon designing, your biggest strength is making them feel as if they are actual Pokémon. I see too much of the whole Dark/Psychic wolves or the Steel/Dragon dinosaurs, but your ideas, like Gloomouton and Mynx, is something that I would love to see in the Pokémon games. My favourite Fakemon of yours is Cradapt. I like the idea of a hermit crab changing forms depending on the location; it kind of reminds me of how hermit crabs change shells from time to time. :P

Thanks! It's not like I don't want to design Monstorously cool Dark/Psychic wolves, it's just that those are really hard to make haha. I do try to emulate the pokémon style, and it works good enough for me.

That's a really interesting thing you say about Cradapt, as the plan atm is to have it evolve depending on it's location, and stay in that form for the remainder of the game. But now I'm thinking I might make it's form change depending on the location, instead of the location of evolution.

Mind if I give some feedback on your Fakedex? :>

Your biggest flaw with your Fakedex is the body shape of most of these Fakemon. I know that sounds odd, presuming your making this for fun, but to me, the body shape of a character is always essential. For example, Cryorse and Frostallion share similar body shapes. If we were to cover them up with a silhouette, we would sort of have trouble figuring it out. If your Fakemon had more diverse body shapes, it would be easier to identify with them more.

I don't mind at all! Critism really helpes shows me where to improve.

I know what you're talking about, and it's something I try to improve myself on, but it's hard. Most of fakes in a evolutionary line look a little too similar to be official designs, and that's something I struggle with a lot, creating significant differences between evolutions. It's especially clear in fakes like Robynode and Hoodlum, Typhlodig and Typhelmet, and Poisaur and Tyranide. The only ones meant to look quite similar are Cryorse and Frostallion, as they're based on Ponyta and Rapidash, as Rapidash just looks like a cooler Ponyta.

I also got two new backsprites and shinies, for Meadonkey and Burrawl
Meadonkey
Spoiler:

Burrawl
Spoiler:

I also put the shiny and backsprite dex in the first post, and won't post them in new updates anymore, I'll just put the new sprites here.

Edit:
Did Chiroast
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
When I found this thread, I remembered, that a long time, ago, I wanted to do something like this too! So, should I make a thread like this now, or will people think I'm copying you if I do?

By the way, these are great sprites! I am going to check on this thread every day to see new Fakemon! I also love how none of them look like already existing Pokemon!

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
When I found this thread, I remembered, that a long time, ago, I wanted to do something like this too! So, should I make a thread like this now, or will people think I'm copying you if I do?

By the way, these are great sprites! I am going to check on this thread every day to see new Fakemon! I also love how none of them look like already existing Pokemon!

Thanks!

There's nothing original about starting a fake dex, so go ahead and make one. As long as you don't make sprites that are to similar to mine, or anyones elses for that matter, but that's kinda common sense. I actually would love for some more people that make original fakemon, instead of working on the 64x64 resources.

Some of them are really based on existing ones, like Gloumouton or Swiftog are really based on Mareep or Typhlosion, but I try to make them a little bit unique, but the references are clearly visible.

On another note, new sprites.

Shiny's and backsprites for Diabat and Vampyre.

Diabat
Spoiler:

Vampyro
Spoiler:

Edit:

Pulpave
Spoiler:

Terrolis
Spoiler:

Iktomaith
Spoiler:

Marblock
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Some more work.

I redesigned Altocuram, I thought it looked too much like Gloomouton.

doFrNSt.png

cxqgIT9.png

I also did some more backsprites and shinies.

Martle
Spoiler:

Brawtle
Spoiler:

Edit:
Evo for Stomite, Termount
3UalbYj.png

Dugtrio evolution, Kinglet
IyoOinF.png

Water starter Stage 2
rKJ9BIn.png

Edit 2:
Water starter backsprites and shinies

Muskret
Spoiler:

Torrentail
Spoiler:

Beavortex
Spoiler:

Edit 3:
Pluck
Spoiler:

Last edited:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Kinglet looks awesome! Any idea when this game/beta will be released? Super keen on trying out some of these new evolutions for existing Pokemon, and I have my eye on a few of your Fakemon that I can't wait to catch too.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Kinglet looks awesome! Any idea when this game/beta will be released? Super keen on trying out some of these new evolutions for existing Pokemon, and I have my eye on a few of your Fakemon that I can't wait to catch too.

Thanks! I think Kinglet is one of my favourite designs. There's a playable version that I can send you if you want, altough it doesn't have that many fakemon included in it. I plan on working on it some more once I have done most of the backsprites.

I have some more backsprites.

Grounip
Spoiler:

Groustrip
Spoiler:

Stomite
Spoiler:

Termount
Spoiler:

Boilifant
Spoiler:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Two new sprites, they're the last non-legendaries I planned on doing, I may add another line of sprites if I feel like it, depending on how much I feel like it.

Here are Octurf and Miraken

2JVNtg7.png

Caph1jn.png

Miraken is based on desert mirages, and makes those to lure it's prey. Octurf is based on Miraken, and the fact that I needed a pre-evo.

Also, this thread passed the 3.000 views, on which I'm quite proud, so, well, that's something, haha.

Post a team made up of these fakemon and give me a trainer name, and I'll put it in the game if it isn't too ludacris. You may use non- starter, non-legendary existing pokemon too, and try to be diverse, or stick to theme. Submit as many as you want, it'll make this thread a little more interactive.

Last edited:
Years
I like how most of your designs are creative and easily distinguishable. Some of them do lack a bit of personality but that can be fixed by adding some more detail especially the face or make their shape something else than rounded.

To answer your question about what my team would be, those are my favourites:
Ignatus
Brawtle
Miraken
Frosterror
Rhinocerock
Pufftsumo

Trainer name: Astrah

Oh yeah a tip: maybe ask people to add a description for their trainer with a history and outward appearance?

Cheers!

Back