• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popular Games

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'll admit, there are quite a few games that I've played solely based on popularity. Some, I enjoyed playing. But others, I did not. One of these would have to be Halo. Halo is a first-person shooter game, just like Call of Duty and Battlefield, and it's got one of the largest fan-bases ever. Eventually, I decided to buy myself a Halo game one day (it was Halo 3, I think?), and put it into my Xbox. I enjoyed the first few minutes of it, as it was totally new to me. After an hour, though, I ended up losing my interest completely. The game wasn't bad or anything, but I just didn't like the futuristic aspects of it. I know that they were trying to make themselves look different from their competitors, but… would it ever hurt to look at least a little realistic? D:

Gears of War was also one of the games that I ended up not enjoying. Many of friends at college were into shooter games, and they suggested that I should get it. The multiplayer of this game was great, and the graphics were just simply phenomenal. But the campaign, though, not so much. I found it to be very confusing, personally. d: They might've rushed it a bit when creating the story. If they had taken their time and did it slowly, then it probably would have turned out better.

Aaanyway… have you ever played a video game due to how popular it was, just like me, but didn't quite enjoy it? If so, then what game was it? :o What made you not like it? Additionally, if they ever re-released the game with features to your liking, would you play it again? If not, then why wouldn't you?

TY

Minecraft... It was just plain boring... everyone kept saying its amazing, but i couldnt see a small thing that amazed me. If they might have added some more enemies, some bosses and more types of weapons i would be slightly interested to play it.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I agree with shadow excadrill, I think minecraft was and is over popular I don't mind playing it now and then but I cannot see myself getting fully into it. Another game I cannot get into is CoD, I don't like it I feel I am too accustomed to counter strike and the way it plays and the people I play with, me and my friends like to play hostage missions the way they should. Everyone is being tactical, we don't shoot and we try to rescue the hostages as the terrorist you try to stop the cops or live.

TY

I agree with shadow excadrill, I think minecraft was and is over popular I don't mind playing it now and then but I cannot see myself getting fully into it. Another game I cannot get into is CoD, I don't like it I feel I am too accustomed to counter strike and the way it plays and the people I play with, me and my friends like to play hostage missions the way they should. Everyone is being tactical, we don't shoot and we try to rescue the hostages as the terrorist you try to stop the cops or live.

I totally forgot about CoD... so frustrating since the only game you can normally play is either TDM or FFA, any objective based mission feels like FFA since they only aim for kills, thats all, no teamwork or anything... unless you have 5 friends joining your party

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I'm don't play games on popularity. Only in my interest. I've been told by friends that I've played games before they were mainstream. I played Halo before I understood the fanbase and how popular it was. I guess my point is, I play games because I enjoy them, not because they are or ever were, popular. And any game that I've picked up that was considered popular, I always enjoyed it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Well, I suppose CoD had to be an interest of mine for quite sometime, along side all the other FPS shooters that all my friends were playing, but honestly.. I just don't like FPS in general, ugh. Not to say they weren't fun, but, I at least, never seem to enjoy them as much as I should. If they release new features, then yeah, I'd definitely try them again, but for now.. the chances aren't too likely. D:

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Minecraft... It was just plain boring... everyone kept saying its amazing, but i couldnt see a small thing that amazed me. If they might have added some more enemies, some bosses and more types of weapons i would be slightly interested to play it.
It's ironic that you say that because the beauty of the game is that there aren't a million different types of enemies, bosses, or weapons. There is already an overload of things to craft in the game. The reason most people play it is for it's simplicity in what you fight with and who you fight. The most important part of the game isn't even beating it (yes you can beat it) it's building anything you can imagine. They've already added a few more enemies since 1.0 came out, I hope they don't continue. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

TY

It's ironic that you say that because the beauty of the game is that there aren't a million different types of enemies, bosses, or weapons. There is already an overload of things to craft in the game. The reason most people play it is for it's simplicity in what you fight with and who you fight. The most important part of the game isn't even beating it (yes you can beat it) it's building anything you can imagine. They've already added a few more enemies since 1.0 came out, I hope they don't continue. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Thats exactly what is boring in my eyes, cause its just making stuff... thats all. I cannot enjoy a game like that.

TY

It's just not your type of game, we all have different interests! :)

However the mods for it do look cool though... But i have no idea how to install those since the instructions seem like some weird language for me... I just am not able to install mods for it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Minecraft is a game that I did not joy but bought based on popularity. All of my friends talked about how fun it was, and it was fun for a short time but after a couple of days I thought it was really boring. I still don't see how so many people can enjoy this game.

I just wasn't a big fan of the Call of Duty Black Ops games. I liked all of the others, but just really didn't like the multiplayer for these two. I did enjoy the story for both of theme however

Not a big fan of the Battlefield games either.

Back