• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elite Quest[Alpha 1 Released]

What do you like most about this hack?

• Story

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Mapping

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Scripting

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tiles

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Potential starter trios because I am bored:

Fire/Steel/Rock
Rock/Flying/Fighting
Poison/Grass/Ground

...Seriously that's all I've got. Each of those are super effective/not very effective against the others. There are PLENTY of others that are super effective correctly, but either totally resist or have normal damage instead of being not very effective, though.

iRossy: For all your arrogance, you don't understand either. Ground does normal damage to Ice, thus breaking the trio.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021

I know! It's... Rattata! =D
*gasp* You're right! How did you know?
another idea for starters would be, do steel/ice/ground that works suggestions would be, ORRRRRR.... you could do the whole Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar/Beldum-Metang-Metagross.
both pseudo legendaries, and both have one weakness and one strength each?
Thanks for the suggestions. :3
Some people don't know what a typing trio for starters is..
A type trio is like Fire/Grass/Water...
Water is super effective on fire, and not very effective on grass.
Fire is super effective on grass, and not very effective on water.
Grass is super effective on water, and not very effective on fire.
They all work because they all have a not very effective type and a super effective type to go with.

Fighting/Dark/Psychic wouldn't work because:
Fighting is super effective on dark, and not very effective on psychic.
Dark is super effective on psychic, and not very effective on fighting.
Psychic is super effective on fighting, and doesn't effect dark.
Thus, the trio is broken.

Although Ice/Ground/Steel would work in the same sense as Fire/Grass/Water because they each have a super effective and a neutral type to go with.
I think Fakemon starters would be cool. And you could do Ice/Ground/Steel with them or Fire/Grass/Water :P
I'd like to have fakemon starters, but, as I've said, I'd have to push back the release date.
I say you keep the original Fire/Water/Grass trio but change the pokemon. Something like Shroomish, Corphish, and Numel or something. The only issue here is the leveling and it would provide a different approach to gameplay.
Thanks for the suggestions.
*cough*

*Poison/grass/ground for triangle*
*cough*Thanks for the suggestion*cough*
Potential starter trios because I am bored:

Fire/Steel/Rock
Rock/Flying/Fighting
Poison/Grass/Ground

...Seriously that's all I've got. Each of those are super effective/not very effective against the others. There are PLENTY of others that are super effective correctly, but either totally resist or have normal damage instead of being not very effective, though.

iRossy: For all your arrogance, you don't understand either. Ground does normal damage to Ice, thus breaking the trio.

Mini-Updates!

I've started mapping Cobalt Forest! no screenies yet, though. D:
And for the starters, I've decided on either:
a. Dragon starters (Dratini, Bagon, Gible)
b. Fire Water Grass (but with something different like Shroomish, Corphish, & Numel)
c. Ice Fighting Flying
Tell me what which option you want! :3

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
*gasp* You're right! How did you know?

Thanks for the suggestions. :3

I'd like to have fakemon starters, but, as I've said, I'd have to push back the release date.

*cough*Thanks for the suggestion*cough*

Mini-Updates!

I've started mapping Cobalt Forest! no screenies yet, though. D:
And for the starters, I've decided on either:
b. Fire Water Grass (but with something different like Shroomish, Corphish, & Numel)
c. Ice Fighting Flying
Tell me what which option you want! :3

OMG! i was gonna suggest dragons before i changed my suggestion, i just based my suggestion on was originally obtainable on a fire red rom :) but i was gonna suggest adding gible or deino line or whatever it's called :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
OMG! i was gonna suggest dragons before i changed my suggestion, i just based my suggestion on was originally obtainable on a fire red rom :) but i was gonna suggest adding gible or deino line or whatever it's called :)

How about an Axew family line?

That'll be perfect.
I think that the starters should be Gible, Deino and Axew, if you choose to have the Dragons as the starters.

Last edited:

DVK

Hack based-God
Years

That'll be perfect.
I think that the starters should be Gible, Deino and Axew, if you choose to have the Dragons as the starters.

That would be perfect actually, Garchomp is beast, and so is haxorus, i haven't used Hydregoin(Spelling)...... but i will in my next play through of black or white.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

That'll be perfect.
Well that would pretty exclude Axew from using...
Not to mention the pain of training.
If you used those 3 then everyone would probably choose Deino.
Sazandora's got brutal special attack so it could make use of Dragon moves most effectively.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Sazandora's got brutal special attack so it could make use of Dragon moves most effectively.
Wouldn't that be a gigantic pain though, if you're still having the levels for evolution the same?

Also, Chrunch, I could sprite if you wanted me to.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'd say Ice/Fighting/Flying. I really like that trio.
Thanks for the vote.
If I use dragon starters I will add Gible. :3

That'll be perfect.
B/W Pokemon as starters probably wouldn't work. Evryone would choose Deino, as Ash493 said. I'm also not really planning to insert that many B/W Pokemon. And anyway, I might not choose dragon starters. But you might find an Axew in wild later in the game ;)
Thanks for the suggestions, though. :D
That would be perfect actually, Garchomp is beast, and so is haxorus, i haven't used Hydregoin(Spelling)...... but i will in my next play through of black or white.
As I said before, it wouldn't work. D: (See my reply above ^) Thanks for the suggestion. :3

exactly. :D
Wouldn't that be a gigantic pain though, if you're still having the levels for evolution the same?

Also, Chrunch, I could sprite if you wanted me to.
Sure, you could sprite! just provide me with some proof. Thanks. ;D
-------------------------------------------------------
Remember, voting for starters is still on, once again, here are the choices:
c. Ice Fighting Flying

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I still stand by Fire/Water/Grass though I'd like to see what pokemon yoo'd use for the the flying/ice/fighting combo. I don't think there are too many pokemon of those types that are ideal to be starters.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I still stand by Fire/Water/Grass though I'd like to see what pokemon yoo'd use for the the flying/ice/fighting combo. I don't think there are too many pokemon of those types that are ideal to be starters.
I was thinking if ice flying fighting was chosen I'd make it something like snorunt, Makuhita, and some other flying Pokemon(maybe taillow?). Thanks for the vote, though.
I pick Dragons. Or Water/Fire/Grass.

there both good.
Thanks for voting. :3

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Chrunch, I sent you my proof. You can decide.

Well, there aren't really any 3 evolutionary stage Ice Types, except Spheal.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
I've been looking at the people posting in this hack and I just HAVE to say a few things...

First, are we not hackers?? The psychic/dark/fighting thing can be fixed easily! You hack it so psychic affects dark! :O

Outrageous, I know, but still. -.-

Second, I do dislike fakemon in a hack, I wouldn't begrudge anyone putting B/W or D/P pokemon into a hack and as for everyone choosing the B/W pokemon, why not, once again because I know this is what we do here, hack the pokemon to make them better at different things?? Like special attack, attack, defense.

One last time to really ask this question, Are We Not Hackers? :O

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
It isn't cool... :/ Changing effects of types is something that would badly affect the game...
That's my opinion. It'd be really weird seeing e.g. Espeon attacking Umbreon with Psychic with actual damage dealt :/

It doesn't badly effect the game at all. All you need to do is change it from not effective at all to not very effective and there you go, simple.

Besides, I never thought that made sense really, now ground attacks to flying makes perfect sense but psychic/dark, what's that all about? :/

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
I never said it would effect game as ROM :D I meant gameplay =)

I don't believe it would. It's not going to change much but that is your opinion. lol

Although if some things ARE done wrong they can affect the ROM, which wouldn't be good for this game as it looks like it has potential. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I'm glad you restarted Elite Quest! I remember being disappointed when your previous attempt fell by the wayside. Judging purely from the screenshots, I can tell that the game has a aesthetic appeal to it along with (seemingly) good mapping. Stick with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back