• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Blackened Night [Alpha 3.1] Final Alpha

How good was the alpha?

• Great keep it up!

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Good, needs work

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Needs lots of work to be good.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Crappy

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I have a small update:
Pikachu Forest

eBr1L9v.png
wJKXRWS.png
uC61TPw.png

Pikachu Forest: A peaceful forest clearing where Pikachu live. A man named Mr.Pika moved his lab to the clearing to find out why the Pikachus in the forest don't need a Thunder Stone to evolve. But every time a Pikachu is evolving they disappear. As the Player you can donate money to the lab to help them grow and get new equipment, they also have special Pokemon show up occasionally that they need to give to a good trainer.

New Shadow Pokemon
Spoiler:
A pokemon will turn shadow from long contact to "The Darkness", The Black Orb or to Night Stones.
Pokemon that have gone shadow, are much harder to train and befriend, but they have heightened stats and new attacks and abilities.

Also anyone willing to help me expand the pokemon/pokedex will be greatly loved and a many cookies will be given to them!

Last edited:

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
Years
I don't know if I am the only person but the download gives a .ups file which I cant extract with 7-zip and my visual boy advance doesn't notice it either. I feel kinda dumb because I didn't notice anyone having the same problems or a 'how to download' spoiler and I am almost certain I am doing something wrong But I just don't get it :p

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I am the only person but the download gives a .ups file which I cant extract with 7-zip and my visual boy advance doesn't notice it either. I feel kinda dumb because I didn't notice anyone having the same problems or a 'how to download' spoiler and I am almost certain I am doing something wrong But I just don't get it :p

You'll need to patch the .ups file to a clean emerald rom. Here's a tutorial on patching roms: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

You will have to look for the emerald rom yourself, as it's against the forum rules to post roms or link to them. Google is your friend!

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
Years
You'll need to patch the .ups file to a clean emerald rom. Here's a tutorial on patching roms:

You will have to look for the emerald rom yourself, as it's against the forum rules to post roms or link to them. Google is your friend!

Thanks!

and to joexv

I do have something to report. I don't know if this already has been reported (I couldn;t find it , maybe I looked over it) but the people in the pc and pokemart didnt respond to me. And as well I died in the double battle in the first city (I only had a spoink with no psywave pp left) and then I got a black screen. It didn't crash cause the music was still going on but nothing happened. At first I though maybe it's not implemented but people have gotten to places I think are beyond that double battle. I think I have to right file (the one from the info post at the start)

I saw the discussion about nds style or regular gba style and though I'd give my opinion. I am mainly looking for nds style roms (which are really few) because the gba style just gets a bit tiresome. Maybe we are spoiled to much by hacks and Game Freak but the battle graphics of emerald are becoming a pain in the eye. I understand you would like to still feel like the game is coming from Emerald , but nds styled battle graphics and nds styled tiles are way easier for the eye. I didn't enjoy Glazed and Light Platinum just because I felt like the gba styled tiles were kinda starting to annoy me. It's just my opinion and I'm not forcing or demanding you should do a nds style , I am just saying nds style has my preference. But that's just my opinion. Also it would be nice to have some 4th and 5th gen pokemon in the game but from some of your posts I can figger you're working on it already.

It's a great hack with a nice dark touch (exactly like a game with Darkrai as main star should be). I like the starters being ghost , psychic and dark. But I would take a Duskull over shuppet anytime. (Even though they're not from Hoenn , Houndoom and Ghastly would've been nice as dark and ghost to). But it's a great hack , keep the good work going.

Joexv

Years
Thanks!

and to joexv

I do have something to report. I don't know if this already has been reported (I couldn;t find it , maybe I looked over it) but the people in the pc and pokemart didnt respond to me. And as well I died in the double battle in the first city (I only had a spoink with no psywave pp left) and then I got a black screen. It didn't crash cause the music was still going on but nothing happened. At first I though maybe it's not implemented but people have gotten to places I think are beyond that double battle. I think I have to right file (the one from the info post at the start)
Well the pc attendant bug was alreaady reported and is listed in the known bugs. I have fixed it but havent released the next update yet. I don't think I ever encountered that bug, I have tested the double battle, losing and winning and found nothing wrong. But that could be that its something I fixed before I tested it.
Not much is beyond the double battle as there was a connection error that didn't allow access to route 2.

I saw the discussion about nds style or regular gba style and though I'd give my opinion. I am mainly looking for nds style roms (which are really few) because the gba style just gets a bit tiresome. Maybe we are spoiled to much by hacks and Game Freak but the battle graphics of emerald are becoming a pain in the eye. I understand you would like to still feel like the game is coming from Emerald , but nds styled battle graphics and nds styled tiles are way easier for the eye. I didn't enjoy Glazed and Light Platinum just because I felt like the gba styled tiles were kinda starting to annoy me. It's just my opinion and I'm not forcing or demanding you should do a nds style , I am just saying nds style has my preference. But that's just my opinion. Also it would be nice to have some 4th and 5th gen pokemon in the game but from some of your posts I can figger you're working on it already.
I have to agree with the EM battle style being ugly, but I would have changed it no matter what would've happened.
I personaly enjoyed Light Platinums tiles cause they gave a nice color to the gen 3 but I agree the gen 3 is a little much lately. (I say this as I was about to switch to it.XD)
It's a great hack with a nice dark touch (exactly like a game with Darkrai as main star should be). I like the starters being ghost , psychic and dark. But I would take a Duskull over shuppet anytime. (Even though they're not from Hoenn , Houndoom and Ghastly would've been nice as dark and ghost to). But it's a great hack , keep the good work going.
Ah but Darkrai isnt actually the main star. The only reason I choose Shuppet is because Duskull has more than the one evolution. Same goes for Ghastly, and then if I was to go houndoom I would've chosen al dark as Houndoom, cacnea and carvanha for the typical trio with a twist.
Anyways I appreciate the support. The next update is being heavily worked on right now in between work, track, school and scouts.

Joexv

Years
Hey guys posting another update. The game is currently at a 2 gym alpha stage, but progress has been going great lately. I've been able to get some more time in and producing some nice results.

Some notes on the change logs so far,
-I have decided to not expand the Pokemon to allow for a full 100% working battle tower and contest area.
-Day and night based on Emerald clock might be added soon, but still deciding if I should. If I do there will be d/n split wild pokemon.
-Animations are not my priority right now, so some things may look kinda odd without them, but they will be added in soon.

Here are some screenshots of what I've been working on lately.
Spoiler:

The first beta will hopefully be finished by the end of april so you guys will have some decent gameplay soon.

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
nice tiles!
yOHrS73.png

I suggest you make the Hero OW's shadow black.

I would have to think about black shadows, cuase they dont look very good on lots of surfaces. But I may have a dynamic shadow thing made.:) (maybe)

Anyways Im here to give you guys an update!
I've finally finished the world map! SO you should expect to see it in upcoming updates, instead of the lame default hoehn map.
qMPYTmi.png

m1eHZKt.png

Green-Fully scripted and complete
Yellow-Mapped, but not done with scripts
No special color-Not mapped​
map subject to change for post game stuffs.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Shadows are cute but they just don't work with overworlds jumping.
The shadow jump together, haha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Hey,
At first I must say that the graphics are awesome und you did great job. Will I can continue the game with the save file from the alpha version or have I to begin a new game?

wbr Murderlinez signs

Joexv

Years
Hey,
At first I must say that the graphics are awesome und you did great job. Will I can continue the game with the save file from the alpha version or have I to begin a new game?

wbr Murderlinez signs

You will probably have to restart just from the massive amount of bug fixes. I had to change quite a bit to make it stable and not nearly as bad as the first alpha.

Joexv

Years
Hello everybody! I am bringing you guys Alpha 2 of Blackened Night! This is a 2 gym alpha,(I know I said I was gonna do a 4 gym beta, but shit happens). This took way longer than expected due to life, team hack off and stuffz.

ALPHA 2
Download:
Mediafire/Dropbox

You must patch the file using nups or tsukuyomi onto a clean Emerald ROM.

Changelog:
So many bug fixes it's not even funny.
Fixed the hero/heroine runnign sprites. So no more odd color sprites.
Pikachu's custom no thunder stone evo works flawlessly(Thanks touched for the help)
More towns, routes and story to explorer and discover!
Pokecenter attendants actually care about their customers now.
Pcs work now.
Gen 4+5 pokemon are now actually in the game(Not all)

Known bugs:
No game breakers, Yay!
There are still a few typos here and there, hopefully nothing too noticeable.
Cave/sand battle backgrounds aren't changed
Bike sprites are NOT in the game!! So once you receive the bike near the end of the Alpha it is recommended not to use it!
Thankfully that should be it.

OP should be updated soon with more screenshots for you happy fans!
And now for some sad news. This will be on hold for another month or so while I make my Summer themed hack.
It shouldnt be too terribly long, but just dont give up hope yet! Also these updates would come more frequently if there were more people helping.:)

なぜわざわざ?

Congratulations! Your Magikarp has evolved into a
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
I've been trying to patch the Emerald ROM with the latest patch all day but i cannot find ANY ROM that would succeed to patch. What Emerald ROM version did you make this for exactly? (I've tried the USA version and the EU version and no luck.)

EDIT: Never mind. All I had to do was ignore/bypass the checksum verification... Weird that your checksums don't match up though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2016
Hey I was just wondering where the HM cut is. I don't know where it is lol.

Joexv

Years
Just a small update,that way if anyone comments the thread wont be closed due to revival.
The great Avaramoon is hard at work on finishing up the missing Hero/heroine sprites. Here are some samples:
3UZ2kXz.png
tTzHz2y.png
EOC0Hen.png
Kpbh7P7.png
e7Hdm24.png
57ty3F9.png

Joexv

Years
IJIsaPh.png

Getting on the shadow bandwagon. Hopefully you guys like it!

I'm taking a short break from Summer Splash to work on Blackened night some more. Hopefully I can get a new release out soon!

Years
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm having a lot of trouble patching this...

Yes it's a clean version of Emerald, I've tried three or four different clean roms. (They say things like (U), (USA), etc.

Is there any way you can help me? I'm really sorry for having to ask, but I'm in tears at this point out of frustration...

Joexv

Years
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm having a lot of trouble patching this...

Yes it's a clean version of Emerald, I've tried three or four different clean roms. (They say things like (U), (USA), etc.

Is there any way you can help me? I'm really sorry for having to ask, but I'm in tears at this point out of frustration...

When patching woth nups change abort to ignore. Should patch no issue.

Joexv

Years
I got a maleware issue with nups, so I don't have that one, I have the other one.

I've never had any issues with nups and my antiviruses have ever said it was bad. Are you maybe using Norton, AVG, or MCafee? Those all give false positives on hacking tools. And tsukuyomi doesnt allow ignoring bad checksums(AFAIK) so nups and maybe some other lesser known patchers are your only options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back