• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Awww shucks man thanks.

Of course going to the forum will alow you to see Manea's sick sprites as well, including his Ninja's and redone Rockets.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Its OK [ray.z]!

Yeah... see mine too!!!!

I'll post more on this thread later nless Fabgking adds them to the first post.

Hold on, who is doing overworlds for pokemon? I'd do it if desperatly needed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Are OW's for pokemon gonna be done?

Like all of them, or just the legendaries and other specific ones?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I would in fact like some Pokémon OWs...

BTW guys, feel free to post any of your work in this thread, it's good for people to see if they DON'T wanna go through the hassle of registering at the forums :)

It is a massive project now, and without the team, I dunno where I'd be!

I suppose Reputation is an idea that's been done before - but I'll just try to do it better than anyone else XD

More screens from me when I have anything interesting to show.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well actually, I've jst set up a thread for me and Maneachicken to showcase our work (it's here, and you should put a link to it in the first post)

Me and Manea will work something out then, just tell us what you want.

Last edited:

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
wicked sprites, you are all very talented. yes i can see the future of this game now... it looks very bright.

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
Years
Where would I be able to play this game and others like it?
It looks really cool, keep going.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
there isn't a link to play this game yet and most games dont release demos until they are sure its worth it.

Sion

Somber Soul
Years
Hehe, man first Jeff updates and now this! I bet CoL is next. Man I've been anticipating this ever since I first saw it. I'll probabaly join thoes forums too. Splendid, beautiful, magnificent!

~Sion

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
if CoL ever updated... my life would be changed, that was one of the greatest games ever. no offence fangking. anyway. how much of the actual battle system is complete?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
CoL is the reason I started. CoL is simply the best fangame there was. I even first started my fangame making 3 years ago on Booda's forum before I came to the Games Development here or on any other forum. Booda is my inspiration, which is why I aim so high :P

Simply put, my goal is to produce a gaming experience that rivals CoL if not bettering it.

NEW SCREENS 17th AUGUST

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Pokémon Acanthite (Revised). On this date in 2005 the project file was first created.

This is the PokéGear clock. The icon being displayed is the wrong one and is the default for the day without a weather effect going on.

clockow4.png

Geary goodness with the icon corrected for the Night phase.
clocknightsf0.png

Geary goodness with all the cards added. The new one at the end is a PokéRep.
gearzi0.png

New underwater effect, courtesy of the ever helpful ccoa!

divebg1.png

As ever, just a dummy tester. The underwater sprite for the character will change.

A battle system has for some time been in the works. I'm told that the completed version is extremely close to release, and I am pretty psyched for it. Here is a shot or 3 of the demo of the system I was sent several months ago. There were some errors, such as CharmEnder, and the fact the names aren't totally capitalised, but these will be eradicated by the release of the full version, and I shall be using a different cast of characters of course ;)

This is merely to show you the outline.

battle1yt5.png

battle3ls3.png

battle2jl3.png

Enjoy.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
looks really goo i like the battle script, and the pokegear is really good. who is scripting your battle system, i was just wondering but it llooks really good. i can't wait to see more screens. this game is the best. I noticed the battle system uses pkemon Fr/Lg font, if its ttf font can you please ask your scripter for the battle sys to send (the font I mean)it to you so you can send it to me or something...i like fr/lg font better than r/s.
~Minorthreat~

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Ooh. Screenies. I've got to see the one with the Sympholy Overworld I made!

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
it looks pretty good. just wordering tho. the pokemon names... are they supposed to be a little blury.

o and CoL was the greatest game ever.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
He did say that They weren't fully capitalised. and there were other errors.

But they will be eradicated by the release of the Demo.

aKaDeMiKs

Kiss my pixels
Years
Yeah, it was said to see his site abandoned I followed his project a few years ago all the way back to his harvest moon game lol.

Anyway, are you implementing a male/female breeding feature? I noticed in the screens that there was no gender icon. It would be good if you could attempt to breed any male and female Pokémon with most producing an egg as an item which can be sold or something and certain Pokémon creating baby eggs which hatch after time..

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
Yeah, it was said to see his site abandoned I followed his project a few years ago all the way back to his harvest moon game lol.

Anyway, are you implementing a male/female breeding feature? I noticed in the screens that there was no gender icon. It would be good if you could attempt to breed any male and female Pokémon with most producing an egg as an item which can be sold or something and certain Pokémon creating baby eggs which hatch after time..

i was wondering the same thing. you definitely blew my mind looking at the pokegear settings, but i'm still quite wondering how you will implement the breeding system, seeing how you have your own fakemon as well as the originals. now that i think of it, that's going to take a lot off effort and time to configure the breeding system for all the pokemon. i'm sure that's nothing you're not concerned about now (and might be the last addition to your game), but i just want to know if you have any specific plans for a breeding system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back