• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I started using a 3DS when X and Y came out, the first difference I noticed between it and the Gameboy Advance XP is it is sooo much heavier. It actually hurts to hold it for long periods of time as well as moving the thumb between the buttons.
Is it actually a regular 3DS or XL? Just wondering because the small one is pretty light even compared to a GBA SP.

magolor

hsssah!
Years
goodness, it's been a while since i've checked in! school hasn't exactly been kind lately, as far as allowing free time. but since i've got a window of opportunity atm, i'll just put out one little update!

No luck on my hunt for Nincada (although I haven't been too diligent with it), or finding Fairy types. I've mostly been hopping from one hunt to the next, so not a lot of consistency there, but I did manage to snag a little bit of luck!

Spoiler:

frogadier.gif
sawk.gif
meditite-f.gif
klang.gif

all my new bbys yaaas

That aside, I'm going to keep trying for a shiny female Mawile, and I'll probably pair that with hunting for Nincada once more. I really hope these short 200-300 RE hunts keep popping up! I'll try to be more active here in the meantime- til then, happy hunting! :15:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I have the aqua blue 3ds and I think it's heavier then my gba sp. I noticed it's harder to hold for long periods of time unlike the sp which I could hold for hours.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2016
Hi,
I just discovered this forum and I'm just wondering if it is (normally) a full-odd one or not.
Thanks and good hunt!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
2500 Underwater encounters

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
2500 Underwater encounters

Spoiler:

To answer your question, both my shinies came out with 5 perfect IVs, but unfortunately they weren't the right IVs.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Sign me up :)
I've gotten shinies through nomal encounters, Machop in Firered (or Emerald forget which ^^; ), Trapinch in Ruby, Geodude in Platnium, and just recently Seaking in my second Firered in the Safari Zone who fled...so I'm breeding one instead XD After I get Seaking I'm going for a shiny Vulpix/Ninetales in Leafgreen scince I have a masterball to use up <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Found my first shiny in X, I have 1 badge in it and only an Old Rod and found Luvdisc after a 45 fish chain, it's actually my first shiny hunt in the game. I actually equipped the bike at 35 but luckily it's harder to break the chain when standing.

I also traded over my suction cups Octillery from Y to ensure a bite.

In Y I went about 150 before breaking the chain for Luvdisc and ended up getting carpal tunnel because of that.

I also got Heartgold today from Gamestop for about 10 dollars off regular price and am soft resetting for a shiny starter. Only doing about 100 encounters at a time for that though so that will take awhile.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spr_6x_179_s.png

More Shiny Horde Hunting. :)

Shiny Male Nosepass - Whilst a Shiny I have been looking for for some time this Shiny popped up on only the 2nd Hoard of the session and right in the middle of the Hoard at that.
He has a Careful Nature and the Sturdy Ability. I really like the Gold Colour but am unsure whether I will evolve him.

Shiny Female Mareep (Elesa) - With my trusty Static Pikachu as my lead this pink sheep appeared after about 30 hoards...and once again right in the middle of the Hoard. She has an Adamant Nature with the Static Ability. She is now a Pink blue jewelled Ampharos holding a Mega Stone. O think the pink and Blue colour scheme work well here. Whilst the nature is not ideal I plan to take this Pokémon to the Hall of Fame.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Decided to go into my Y Friend Safari on my 2DS, had never entered it before and was in there for a minute trying to see my three Pokemon, I found the main two but couldn't find the 3rd. Anyways captured a Venomoth for my regular dex and did about 10 encounters looking for the 3rd and was heading for the door and a shiny Venomoth appeared, in total I had maybe 14 encounters. Probably my shortest friend safari find and wasn't even shiny hunting.

Seem to find blue shinies more often with Pawniard my first random encounter shiny, Corsola my first fish chain shiny, and my last 3 shinies, Ponyta, Meinfoo and Venomoth.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
Just hatched a shiny 5 IV Inkay :) Hopefully hatching 2 shinies a few days apart doesn't mean I won't see one in a long time haha

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spr_6x_587_s.png

Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Pokeradar Shiny! :)

Shiny Male Emolga (Carbuncle) - My luck with the Pokeradar is horrific. I had found not one despite extensive chaining. Knowing a Chain of 40 would be difficult I put my trusty Static Pikachu at the front of my party and attempted to find the elusive Shiny Emolga. After a few failed chains and on a Chain of about 27 the following thoughts happened in my head

'Was that a Shiny patch' (I did not have the sound on)
'I think it was, it was the lower patch I think'
*Runs into Patch*
*Shiny Male Emolga appears*
'Yay, A Pokeradar Shiny, Finally a Pokeradar Shiny'
*Throws an Ultra Ball...Shiny Emolga is caught*
*Name him Carbuncle after the adorable Final Fantasy Summon*

My Shiny Emolga has a Rash Nature and the Static Ability. The Brown almost Chocolate like colour of the Shiny I like a lot and I am overjoyed at finally finding a Pokeradar Shiny. He is great fun to play with in Pokémon Amie and I may enter him in a Contest.

Years
I was wonder trading last night and I was traded a shiny Squirtle with a modest natre, Rain dish ability and holding the evolite with the moves Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Dragon Rage and Scald, and he is fully EV trained he is now a shiny wartortle and I'm having fun using him on my play through of X with my shiny Vulpix and EV trained Dratini.

Years
Just got caught a Shiny Nincada and evolved it into Ninjask and got my free Shedinja. Since they are two different pokemon I'll use them both as counting toward the Spring Shiny Quest. I'm putting Ninjask as my Flying type and Shedinja as my Bug type.

I can't come up with nicknames for these guys, do any of you have suggestions?

My next hunt is Mudkip. Originally I was going to do Phione, but chose Mudkip since it has a more obvious color change. Phione is just a lighter shade of blue, barely noticeable.

Edit: Almost forgot, Nincada took me 706 DexNav encounters to show up. And changed my mind on Mudkip. Hunting for Eevee next to get a Leafeon.

Attachments

• 20160428_051310.jpg
    20160428_051310.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160428_051326.jpg
    20160428_051326.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's a SHINY CLAMPERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooohooooooo! I wasn't expecting this at all, haha. I was watching my DS and was all like, "Woah, that Clamperl's cool! It's...it's shiny!!!!!" and I watched the stars fly around and illuminate the ocean depths, haha. I named him Lueur, which I feel is appropriate, especially given his awesome color!! He really does look like a super-rare and super-cool Clamperl.

The cool thing about getting a shiny Clamperl for my underwater one is that it has a branched evolution tree, meaning I can keep hunting underwater without fear of a duplicate! So I'm going to grab one more underwater shiny (these things are awesome!!!) before heading back to the Hoenn mainland.

I really wasn't expecting another shiny so soon! I was truly shocked when I saw it - Lueur appeared on just the 5475th encounter! For encounter #5475 to be a shiny was astonishing for me after fishing by Ever Grande for what seemed like decades, haha. I love the deep sea! *hugs seaweed* ♥

Spoiler:

Years
I'm currently hunting (breeding) for shiny Froakie.
It's the first shiny I try to find with breeding, hope I will find it soon...

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Currently hunting for a shiny Growlithe in a Friend Safari, been searching in there for a week or so now :/

Back