• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
I learned to play it through the Gameboy Color Pokemon TCG game. I actually beat the game and got all the cards except for the Pop-top Special Venausaur and Mew. :<

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In total I have 85 cards...still collecting more when I go. I found some old Gen 1 cards at a flea market the other day. Made me feel a bit nostalgic. :3

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I learned to play it through the Gameboy Color Pokemon TCG game.
Same, haha. I actually really really enjoyed that game.

I had a ton of Pokemon cards too. I don't even know where they are right now. ;__;

Years
Ehh, maybe it's because donking sounds like donkey and where I come from that's an insult
So, "donking" just sounds dumb to me
But yeah, I suppose it'd suck to be on the end of a donk?

I didn't come up with it. I just use it since it seems to be common Pokemon TCG jargon wherever I go.

I actually collected a ton of the Pokemon cards, but never learned to play really. :/

www.pokemontcg.com/tutorials would like to say hi!

I learned to play it through the Gameboy Color Pokemon TCG game. I actually beat the game and got all the cards except for the Pop-top Special Venausaur and Mew. :<

Those are two of the hardest cards to get in the game, and are two of the four that are hiding from me whenever I use the card pop feature to get them, and that's the only way they can be obtained.

In total I have 85 cards...still collecting more when I go. I found some old Gen 1 cards at a flea market the other day. Made me feel a bit nostalgic. :3

You should totally have bought them. Flea market ones have a higher chance of being fakes, or so I've been told, though. The cards I personally bought from the one time I got some at a flea market all are legitimate, however.

Same, haha. I actually really really enjoyed that game.

I had a ton of Pokemon cards too. I don't even know where they are right now. ;__;

Try in storage areas your family has or consider the possibility they've been thrown away?

I mostly used Type advantaged decks when battling the "Gyms" IIRC.

And I lost all my Pogeymanz cards when I moved to Canada back in 2002 so eh.

I use type advantages and modern deck-building techniques. I completely destroy anything I face in the game, now, with my simple combo of Scyther and Hitmonchan.

Years
Considering that I was 8 years old when I first played that, yeah type-advantages were the obvious route to do it. :V

Now that I think about it, I wish I had that game back. I let someone borrow it and they never returned it. Like 3 other Pokemon games I let people borrow. ;;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
inb4 it dies here :'(

SPIN OFFS ARE GREAT GUYS. Let's all play Colosseum and be happy.

Years
IDK, I probably be too lazy to play it. I haven't even finished Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus Uprising yet lawlz.

Only spinoffs I've played is Pokemon Ranger: Battonage, so eh. :B

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I never did finish that playthrough I was doing for that one XD challenge. Eh, oh well! It was enough to get me the emblem. 8Dc

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Nooooo, we all need to get nostalgic and play Pokemon Snap! That's totes the best spin-off. I've said it multiple times, but I will buy the crap out of any Snap sequel that happens to ever get released.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Netto are you on DRUGS Colosseum is on GameCube! You must be on drugs...you played Ranger...

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I played Colosseum when I was in third grade and had it for only two weeks. I never finished it because I didn't understand the concept of purifying your Pokemon so I had my Espeon and Umbreon in the mid-80's and the rest of my Pokemon were shadow Pokemon. I couldn't proceed because I'd keep defeating the Quilava I was supposed to capture. Despite this, it's still one of my favorite games.

Years
Only spin-offs I've played are Stadium, Snap, TCG, and Puzzle Challenge. And so it shall stay until Conquest comes out, or until I manage to get a GameCube and a copy of Colosseum and XD. Whichever comes first.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Fuzzy starters are always great. :) Umbreon is my favorite, so getting it AND Espeon as a starter in Colo was amazing to 11-year old Syd. XD Same with XD, though I think I picked Flareon for my first time through since I had played Colo so many times and was kinda burnt out on Umbreon and Espeon. Both are great games though. Love'em.

Back