• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
I don't have autocorrect turned on for my phone, but I have a similar feature in Swype, which usually gets the word I want right when sliding my finger from letter to letter on the screen, but at times it will just consistently give me the wrong word so I have to go and type it in manually myself.

Years
One of the very first things that I did when I originally got my iPod Touch was to turn off Auto Correct. I don't mind if something shows up like on Microsoft Word where there's a red underline beneath misspelled words, but I'm generally a good speller, so I'd rather not be corrected on the off chance I do make a mistake. Although I have to admit, it does make for some interesting and sometimes hilarious situations when you look at auto correct fails.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I like auto correct, but that's because I have the Swype feature as well, and it normally spits out the right words for me.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
That's why I like Swype/Swift Key they have a pretty good autocorrect system, because their based off what you type, learn your style, and helps you out.

If I had to choose a latest phone I would probably go for the GS3 or Razr Maxx HD. Though the DNA's 1080p screen and other benefits are intriguing.

countryemo

Years
I seriously want the Samsung Galaxy SIII, but it's hell expensive, $700-800; and I'm not paying that amount of money for a phone. D:

Really? Amazon list it for about $500. Seems reasonable. Well not to me because I'm used to subsidized prices and contracts.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I tried using swype, but it's hard to get used to swype every word, although it's pretty good. I'm alright with my default samsung keyboard tyvm. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I believe I have that kind of keyboard on both phone and tablet. The dialpad keyboard is what I would call, it was my preferred keyboard when I was using the PSP, but later adjusted to QWERTY keyboard afterwards. I only use that when I feel my fingers need the speed exercize xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
That's why I like Swype/Swift Key they have a pretty good autocorrect system, because their based off what you type, learn your style, and helps you out.

If I had to choose a latest phone I would probably go for the GS3 or Razr Maxx HD. Though the DNA's 1080p screen and other benefits are intriguing.

I love SwiftKey! It's amazing on both my phone and tablet. I have the phone and tablet versions, of course. The split key version on my tablet is awesome.

Years
I tried Swype on a friend's phone once and it was funny just making random patterns and it coming up with a random word :P I also wish that Swype was available for use on iOS as well

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I seriously want the Samsung Galaxy SIII, but it's hell expensive, $700-800; and I'm not paying that amount of money for a phone. D:
If I remember correctly my dad got it for ... $200? but at the same time he was upgrading and giving his old phone to my sister so I'm certain that is not the same as what your were thinking of.

As for keyboards I used the default samsung one? tried swype before I think tho.

countryemo

Years
If I remember correctly my dad got it for ... $200? but at the same time he was upgrading and giving his old phone to my sister so I'm certain that is not the same as what your were thinking of.

As for keyboards I used the default samsung one? tried swype before I think tho.

Curious is in Aus. Everywhere but the US usually has to pay full retail, no cheaper prices because of a contract upgrade.

So I'm wondering, Android vs. iOS? Just kidding don't want to cause a war...

I hope Windows Phone does better, and that BB10 takes off. Ubuntu Phones... Should've been based off android.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm actually curious about the windows phone. It looks like a pretty sleek phone and something I'd have. With support for word and amazing animation, I'd go for it. Though I would prefer listening to someone else who currently owns or has owned one before.

I don't get an upgrade until March, so I have time to decide XD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm actually curious about the windows phone. It looks like a pretty sleek phone and something I'd have. With support for word and amazing animation, I'd go for it. Though I would prefer listening to someone else who currently owns or has owned one before.

I don't get an upgrade until March, so I have time to decide XD

Well, Windows Phone has many issues such as lack of apps and stuff and then it barely has any support from the Google side of things because there isn't much market to make apps for Windows Phone. :\

Years
My stepdad got a windows phone, it doesn't seem as bad as it looks tbh. The way it's advertised it's made to look a hell of a lot simpler than it actually is.
It is lacking in apps though, and it's integrated with microsoft programs instead of google ones which is a con imo.

Ubuntu Phones... Should've been based off android.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA BACK UP HERE. There's a ubuntu phone happening now? I thought they gave up the idea of mobile operating systems when ubuntu tried to integrate with android and nobody really bothered with it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I could never pay that much for a phone : ¦ I use my phone to maybe browse a little, text, and talk occasionally, and I'm not very app-savvy so there is absolutely no need for me to spend more than.. I dunno.. tops 200 bucks for a phone.

Back