• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Ah i see what you mean okay well each map will have a propertey that i will call the "Common Tag" then each Town i place in the townmap Maker will also have a "Common Tag" thus if both common tags are identical then that is where you are on the map :)

Example:
I have mapped my map i go Settings > Common Tag and type in Map00001
then
i start making my world map i place a town and i set its Common Tag to Map00001

then i go File Run Game
I walk to the map with the Common Tag Map00001 and hit "A" to bring up the menu i scroll down to PokeNav and select (NAME) world Map because both common tags were the same my little man is displayed on that map :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Well ofcource it will come with a Full Help File explaning every nook and cranny of the engine and how to use it and it will come with Example Games and all sorts.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
I know it may not be for a while, but I can't wait for this to be fully completed!

Good Job and Good Luck! :)

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
It seems to be progressing pretty quickly. I hope demos will be released now and then though.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
im glad you all have taken intreset. and i hope that you dont get bored waiting lol cuz it will take some time to fully make it but it is progressing well.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Some more suggestions:

1. Font Editor
2. Tile Editor
3. Intro Movie Maker/Editor

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
I'm almost blinded by the sheer pwnage. This is especially great for me, because NONE of Elitemap's extra tools, besides the map editor itself, work for me. A new tool will be great.

Anyways, I decided to enter the contest thingy, if it's still going.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplepxp8hg.png

Mine's the first city map entered...which could help or hurt me, I guess.

Anyways, that's the prototype version of the map of one of the cities in the game I would currently be making if elitemap didn't hate me.

The place is called Evolution city, and as the name suggests, it's where you get evolution stones in the game.

The story behind it is that the mines beneath the city(that's what the little cave leads to) were the first place evolution stones were discovered. They then exported to all over the world, making the city very rich.

The gym leader there uses eeveelutions. =P

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Pokemon XP is for making original, PC-generated games. This is not for hacking a ROM. Please, learn the difference.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Chimou said:
Pokemon XP is for making original, PC-generated games. This is not for hacking a ROM. Please, learn the difference.

No, I realize that. I realize it's not a ROM Hacker.

However, if I'm understanding it correctly, it does generally the same thing: lets you make your own pokemon games.

The point of my story isn't ROM Hacking, it's just the fact that I want to make my own pokemon game, using any program necessary.

And don't suggest rm2k3. I can barely even do that the way it's originally intended to do, let alone all the scripting that would go with making a Pokemon game on it.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
Burninating Torchic, in your map, the houses have the trainer tip signs, should have the same signs as the town

Back