• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
This is a thread for those who are unfamiliar about how to do some things
in RM2K/3 or know any good links you want to tell the other members
about. Anything else that doesn't need a full thread or debate should also belong here.

I thought it'd be useful having this thread since it's better than cluttering
this section up with threads.

Last edited:

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
Years
Im a real noob at this, and I was wondering how you make rooms and set up warps to enter them?, eg. going into the Pokemon Center, Poke mart, etc

Years
ok, this is different from a pokemon gba hack, you say it "MAPS" and "TELEPORTS"
The way to create a new map, is to right click on an existing map (in the little side bar thing) and select "create new map" then if you want to make a new telelport go into event layer editing mode and right click on the map (not in the side bar) and select "teleport position" or something.. well hope i was of some help

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Thanks Satoshi!

And to teleport, just make an event, and for its commands (double click the <>) go to the second tab and find "teleport." Chose the map where you want to teleport to and select the exact coordinate by clicking. Make sure the event is set to "On Hero Touch" and "Below Hero" so when you step over it it'll teleport you.

Years
ok, im wondering how to make it so that my pokemon battle, but my main character dont, and how to customize the menu?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
You can have an event that removes you from your party and replaces him with the pokemon. Check out RM2Kemon (www.gamingw.net) and Pokemon Galaxy (same site) to see how to do this.

Menue? Check out my game. There's no current download link because I need to get my site back up, but someone else may be able to give it to you.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
To do that I made Pikachu as my main hero, but used a way to fool people to think they were controlling Ash. I used a Password event to do this. (When you press left,
Hero moves left down face left e.t.c) Then Pikachu's stats come up instead of Ash's!

Years
DarkMage31 said:
You can have an event that removes you from your party and replaces him with the pokemon. Check out RM2Kemon (www.gamingw.net) and Pokemon Galaxy (same site) to see how to do this.

Menue? Check out my game. There's no current download link because I need to get my site back up, but someone else may be able to give it to you.

Pokemon Galaxy? Nooo Ash isnt a hero (well you look like Ash, but.. meh), you control Pikachu (using Ashs graphics to fool you) everytime you go to a shop, it changes the graphics to Pikachu so it looks like Pikachu in the shop window, etc.

Years
DarkMage31 said:
My bad, but RM2kemon definately had David as a hero. You can see in the menue. Check that one out. PKMN galaxy is a good one anyway ;)

I've seen long ago RM2kemon, its pretty good, but i think it lacks the feel of the real pokemon games, and the chipsets, but interesting idea considering that the actual game was thrown together in around 2 weeks or so (it says so, and i remember reading it when i downloaded the game)

Years
DarkMage31 said:
Yes, it didn't exactly reek quality. But the music was good. I'm using some in Lunar.

Exactly.

Oh and if you need music from the Pokemon games or other games, you should go to www.vgmusic.com they probaly have some.. if you need any that is

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
does anybody know how to change the font and text box size in rpg2k3? i need it for my game because the default text box is too big. oh and does anyone know where to download rpg2k3 because my friend wants it and i don't have the installer.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I posted this somewhere else for you... but oh well. I'll say it again:

Just make a picture for your text box (Show Picture command), make your textbox transparent (Message Style command) and only type in the bottom two lines (Show Message command). Work???

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The default one. You can make the custom box (The image) semitransparant if you want. Here's the theory
Bottom>Image of Textbox
Middle>Default textbox graphic, set see-thru
Top>Text, appears over graphic because middle layer is transparant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back