• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Kingsmen: the Secret Service

I literally cried laughing at some parts. Loved the satirical jabs and the brutal action sequences. 10/10 would gladly pay to go see it in the theaters again.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
their eyes were watching god
just finished it in la. after watching it i need to read it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Just finished watching The Human Centipede today. Regrettably.

Guess I'm not as twisted as I thought I was. Well, time to throw up now.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
spoilers spoilers spoilers

The Interview
I didn't have high expectations going into this, especially since it has a really dumb plot, but it wasn't too bad. It was a little long for my tastes and I could definitely see why it was pulled from theatrical release. There was a lot of unnecessary blood, such as in multiple fingers getting bitten off and the soldier being run over by the tank, but the effects were cool (see: Kim being blown away at the end) and I'll adore James Franco until I die. There's not much else to say about it - it was funny? It was cute? But I'd probably be lying if I said either of those things. It was just.. charming at best, I guess.​
The Theory of Everything
I really hate to say, but this made me tear up in the end. It wasn't for any particular reason, but watching Hawkings deterioration was hard enough, and when it cycled back through it in reverse, I found myself really emotional. I loooove Eddie Redmayne, though the last time I saw him in a movie was Les Miserables in 2013, and he was really spectacular. I don't think someone better could've been picked to convey the aggressive, progressive nature of Lou Gehrigs. Unfortunately, I do feel that Felicity Jones' character, Jane, had her story lost in space until near the very end, but maybe that was the point - we were to think that she was fine holding onto Hawking until he died, but when he lived far longer than she thought, he had to let her go and only then did she really come to the forefront to do what she wanted to do with her life. it really blows realizing this is based on a book written by her and on their actual life. :(​
Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
uh... okay movie, hard to follow when you're watching at like 12am. Really only watched it for Emma Stone lol. the end was utter horseshit​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Saw Birdman. Really interesting movie. The ending had me thinking for a while.

Lucid

Wtf that bitch was batshit crazy. Awful.

Years
I finally watched Big Hero 6.
It was definitely a little bit darker than I expected, but overall I really loved it. It was cute, funny, and meaningful. Another good Disney film.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast. It was more of Faun than Tinker Bell lol xD It was a pretty movie, and close to the hearts of animal lovers. :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.. My favourite movie in the series, and probably my most watched even though its the most recent one.

Years
I saw Big Hero 6 the other day.

...Echoing the sentiment from above that it was darker than I thought it would be, since all the previews I remember seeing made it out to be more of a light-hearted movie. Was still pretty good however. Not sure if it's one of their best, but if not then it still comes close and is still a pretty solid movie.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I just got done seeing Chappie, and I don't really know what to think of it. It's a weird movie, but I think I like it?

I just recently watched this too, but I sat in a seat that smelled like wet socks and it was a full house so I couldn't move. Now I can't not think of that wretched smell when I think of Chappie.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Watched Gone Girl just now.

Wtf that ***** was bat**** crazy. Awful.
I know! I just watched Gone Girl the other night, too. I couldn't figure out why would she do that ... She was a disturbing, jealous, and vindictive person. One of the better scenes for me was actually when the low-income couple, Greta and that guy, steal the cash from Amy. It's what Amy deserved for trying to fake her disappearance and fake being a victim of abuse or violence.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
Watching the Shawshank Redemption. I first saw it ~4 years ago, but I remember, now, how much I loved it.

I liken myself to Andy a whole lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back