• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
What did you use to draw your map? Also what size is your map cuz I was using paint before and I screwed up because it was way to big.

Nevermind, I just need to figure out how to put the routes and towns on the map.

Last edited:

barkalar

I've never been able to open Cyclone because of this error. =/

barkalar

Yes! I got it to work. But I used NTME because Cyclone system error.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
hey, great tutorial, but i just have one question:

i can't get the gnp image of the tileset to write to the rom, it just does nothing when i do everything the tutorial describes.

thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2024
Sorry if this question was repeated, but as stated, 8BPP mode won't accept the sphere files (effectively making the video provided worthless), is there any way I can get the tilemap into a RAW file? I really don't want to make the map tile-by-tile in NTME.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
what tile molester you are using? i do all things but then i try to import .pal file i cant, cuz my tilemolester doesnt support .pal ? Here a screen.

pal-file.png

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Look, I've got the tileset written into the ROM, but it won't take the tilemap in the default offset—it just keeps saying "Compressed size is 2C0. Which is too big. Aborting." When I try to repoint it allows it, but it doesn't give me the Ptr Changed message, and that's no matter if I have "Automatically fix pointers" checked or not. Any idea what my problem is? It's a normal 8BPP tilemap made in Cyclone.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
when on tilemolesteralternate, I'm stuck on the part where you edit>paste from> ... [then I choose my file I made with PTC but it says "Error loading bitmap: null"] any help?

The_Show

Banned
Years
when on tilemolesteralternate, I'm stuck on the part where you edit>paste from> ... [then I choose my file I made with PTC but it says "Error loading bitmap: null"] any help?

I've had this problem before. Start over, but this time do not make a tileset. First, make your picture with GIMP and save it as a 16-color bitmap, then immediately open it up in Cyclone (8BP Mode). Make your tilemap there and you should have no problem opening it up in TMA.

Oh yah, usually 8BP mode would reject having that many tiles, but it worked for me. I just tried it out again and it worked perfectly. PM me if you have any more problems.

Aproydtix

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I don't know what to do.

(Okay, since I haven't posted 15 posts, I can't give you any images, but I hope you can still make some sense out of this.)
I did this:
Should have shown Cyclone with a complete 16x16 tileset and a complete map.

Now, if I put my .raw from cyclone into 136 I get this:
Shows that the tiles are placed properly.
This should be the right placement for these tiles.

However, when I do this like the guide told me to do it (No, I didn't do it with the file that was already altered.) using 135 and 136 (I seem to be missing a file, as I have found out from past experiences.), I get this:
I can recognize a few tiles here and there, there seems to be no or little system in their placement. Some of the colours appear to be gone.
I used the offsets 0xFD0000 and 0xFD1000, but I only got one ptr found message for each file I saved.

It would be really helpful if you could tell me what's wrong.
And btw, the reason why I have those borders on my map is because I made a too detailed map, so I had twice as many tiles as I should have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I have almost got everything, but when i look at the map in game, its a mess of black with red lines and dots and other random things. I think its the tileset not correctly in the rom, but im not sure. What am i doing wrong? (Sorry, i cant post pictures because of the 15 post rule)

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
I have hit a massive dilemma - I tried making the tileset but found out I don't have enough space for my map to fit on it, is there anything I can do so that I can fit the rest on. Can I use 2 tilesets to make up the world map?

The_Show

Banned
Years
You're right about NTME. I went ahead and redrew it in 8BPP and it loads just fine at the R/S World Map settings. I should note that I'm only getting one "Ptr found at 00XXXXXX. Changed." message per insertion in unLZ.

The map is still all over the place, but the colors are correct. For whatever reason it seems determined not to adjust to my Johto rendition and scatter itself across the original Hoenn outline instead.

Same exact problem here. I tried to do a "test" map with only 2 colors in the tileset. I inseted it into my Rom, and the map has the correct colors, but the image outlines the original Hoenn map. Is there any solutions to this problem?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I figured out how to do it! For those of you struggling, it's all about trial and error. If something didn't work, try something new. If you don't give up, you will eventually find it! Also to edit the "HOENN" that appears when observing the map, you simply type in HOENN in A-text, and I think it will be the last HOENN you see when searching.

Last edited:
Years
Hey, nice tutorial. I just need a little help....
Can you send me or upload the .pal file you get from VBA? I think mine is very wrong, since it's all pink and purple and such O.o

Thank you ^^

Back