• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alomomomomomola:
647_zps840ce518.png

And I re-did Samurott so that the front sprite is now based off of its differently-shaded Black 2/White 2 sprite:
556-2_zpse4de02f8.png

Years
I love how this is still going on. Just a real shame that the 64x64 DS Trainer Sprite Resource died and is now closed :c Be nice to get some Gen IV/V Trainer Sprites to go along wit these Pokemon ones too

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Alomomomomomola:
647_zps840ce518.png

And I re-did Samurott so that the front sprite is now based off of its differently-shaded Black 2/White 2 sprite:
556-2_zpse4de02f8.png

Really nice sprites! :D I also really like the new Samurott sprite. Honestly, I didn't notice they changed the shading and scales on the front left (its right) leg. Yay for learning new things. xD I assumed they just changed the animation of the starters so yeah. The Alomoomalaaaa looks rather nice too- custom right? :) Regardless, it looks pretty awesome. :D

Also, just wondering but did you get my PM I sent a while ago? :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Love the sprites, but one minor criticism: No icons to replace those already in the ROM?

Doesn't matter to actual gameplay, I think, but it looks neater. (I've tried searching online, but no results yet.)

I'm working on a this-is-what-I-want-to-play hack of Fire Red, currently under the name of Switch v2. Amongst others, the Sinnoh starters have replaced the Kanto ones.

Anyway, great work so far!

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
Oh my gosh, thank you for making these sprites! these are gonna be huge lifesavers for my emerald hack! I can't thank you guys enough!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2021
It's a great project!
Is the first time I see this, and I think a great idea, and I totally agree with you, I'd like to help with the sprites if you agree.
I have a gallery of sprites but for now I can not post it because I do not get the minimum number of messages.
These are the sprites I've done, but they're in another forum:
http://foros.nhdex.com/T-Galeria-De-Sprites-Foxz?pid=1281#pid1281
pd: hope I have not breached any rules.

Years
I know most of the posts have been for Gen V so far, but here is one contribution I did, and it was prolly the easiest one since all the sprites were within 64x64 XD

Here is one for Celebi:
251_zps6b3a220e.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I know most of the posts have been for Gen V so far, but here is one contribution I did, and it was prolly the easiest one since all the sprites were within 64x64 XD

Here is one for Celebi:
251_zps6b3a220e.png
Sorry, but I am not accepting any random contributions, in case I haven't made that clear enough in the first post. You can only contribute if you're on the Helpers List, and right now I'm not accepting any new helpers because I'm a meanie-face.

But the main reason why I can't use that Celebi is because, just because a sprite already fits in 64x64 doesn't mean I'm going to leave it as it is. First of all, all of my backsprites for Gen I-IV Pokemon are the HG/SS backsprites, but resized to 80%, even if they already fit in 64x64.

Also, to the people that have PMed me recently trying to help, please don't be offended if I don't reply. The fact of the matter is, my life is very busy, and real life comes first, and in all honesty, I don't care about helping random people on the internet improve their spriting skills. I have other priorities besides that, and I just don't see it as that important.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Love the sprites, but one minor criticism: No icons to replace those already in the ROM?

Doesn't matter to actual gameplay, I think, but it looks neater. (I've tried searching online, but no results yet.)

I'm working on a this-is-what-I-want-to-play hack of Fire Red, currently under the name of Switch v2. Amongst others, the Sinnoh starters have replaced the Kanto ones.

Anyway, great work so far!

That's how you do it: first, search for the menusprites, which you can easily find in Bulbapedia, in the Commons section. These are 32x32 PNG files. With MS Paint, create a 64 (height) x 32 (width) PNG file, and paste the menusprite twice on the blank image. Then fill the rest of the image with this color: R 96, G 152, B 128. Done! You can use this icon with Wichu's editor.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
That's how you do it: first, search for the menusprites, which you can easily find in Bulbapedia, in the Commons section. These are 32x32 PNG files. With MS Paint, create a 64 (height) x 32 (width) PNG file, and paste the menusprite twice on the blank image. Then fill the rest of the image with this color: R 96, G 152, B 128. Done! You can use this icon with Wichu's editor.

Or, you can go to link: All Icons

Anyway back on topic.
These are excellent, your skills are extremely impressive and have loads of patient to re-sprite all the Gen V backsprites.
Keep it up Chaos Rush!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
081_zps3bbb85c7.png

082_zpsde15f936.png

I am going to explain my coloring for the Magnemite family. Anyways, if you remember my Magnezone sprite, you'll notice I gave it a different coloring.

Now look at this chart:
29xcksw.png

I'm going to do a similar thing with Kyurem and its formes.

Also here's Joltiklol
648_zpsc719d1f3.png

I made the backsprite basically unchanged from the full B/W backsprite because Joltik is supposed to be extremely tiny, being 0'04.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey Chaos Rush, are all your sprites gonna use the Sugimori Art palette?

Also great Joltik BTW. When do you think the Gen V Project will come to an end? Just your estimation of time. Also I hope for more updates soon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I saw 30-40 of these sprites, and that cleared me to say that these have been properly resized for a change. But I take it you're using the Sugimori Art Pose for a few? And in the first few posts I noticed you made sprites for Zekrom and Reshiram, but they are not there in the official list.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Chaos Rush already said he won't be doing Gen 6 Sprites since they all have to be custom made.
Actually that's not why. Since I've already made several Gen V sprites custom, and a lot of the backs are completely custom (though a lot are also very heavily edited official backsprites after I enlarged them), but the reason why I'm not doing Gen VI sprites is simply because I don't want to. And I don't have to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back