• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I want to report a bug...

*Please check picture attachment*

It has been clear to me that YAPE 0.9 isn't working for me. Some old downloaded YAPE 0.9s, both bearing both logos (red-circled and green-circled) respectively (I believe the one with red circle is corrupted, the one with the Pokeball logo has no excuse :P). And another one I downloaded from WAH Today, and It gave me 'not a vaild Win32 application'

I've got that problem too, can anyone help us?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Ummm, whats .net framework and where can I get it?
microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I think this is the right version. I always forget which one it is...

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
... someone can edit yape? i wanna export/import pkmn data from 2 differts games, so this option could be very useful! =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
This tool totally rocks.....it's been more than a big help to me in my latest work.
Thanks. Great job!

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
any hacktool to export/import pokemon data?
What kind of data? If you mean graphics then UNLZ will do the job.

... someone can edit yape?
Well, technically anyone can (we do with ROMS you know =p), but it's easiest if one has the sourcecode, which i assume only the creator has. I don't expect an update from him anytime soon for it's been over a year since he logged in last.

ville!

Years
i wanna export the stats, and the pokedex information, the attacks too! cuz i made a hack, but i wanna export some pkmns!

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
i wanna export the stats, and the pokedex information,
Why don't you just copy them over manually?

the attacks too!
Well, if you're talking about exporting generation IV moves to generation III, you're out of luck. I don't think anybody knows how to do something like that. If they're still generation III valid moves though, copying them manually shouldn't be too hard.

ville!

Years
nooooooo! i hack firered, but some sprites don't work correctly... so, i wanna export the change stats in my firered hack! =)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
nooooooo! i hack firered, but some sprites don't work correctly... so, i wanna export the change stats in my firered hack! =)
I'm completely confused now.Explain clearly what you want to do exactly in complete sentences please.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Change Stats???You mean Hex Values???Use a Hexer...Like Hex Workshop and look for an Offset...Or FSF...Its in The Hackmew's Tool factory Thread...

Anyways...I Seem to have Fixed my Problem...This is one of my Favorite Tools...Good Job...Silver314...

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2009
great editor btw,works awesomely.but i do have one problem.i decide to change my starter's next evolution to deoxys.when it goes to the evolve thing,it just says"......?"and stays the same.i tried with other pokemon,and the same thing hapens.

ville!

Years
ok, hice un hack del red fire, pero algunos sprites salen muy abajo, así que ahora he vuelto a empezar en un room limpio, pero quiero exportar los stats editados que están en el juego a este room nuevo, pues cambié casi 200 pokemons... no hay ninguna forma de hacerlo? o en su defecto, puedo editar el yape para mi uso? si se puede, como?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
great editor btw,works awesomely.but i do have one problem.i decide to change my starter's next evolution to deoxys.when it goes to the evolve thing,it just says"......?"and stays the same.i tried with other pokemon,and the same thing hapens.
The national dex hasn't been activated yet. Activate it, and then the evolution will work fine.

ok, hice un hack del red fire, pero algunos sprites salen muy abajo, así que ahora he vuelto a empezar en un room limpio, pero quiero exportar los stats editados que están en el juego a este room nuevo, pues cambié casi 200 pokemons... no hay ninguna forma de hacerlo? o en su defecto, puedo editar el yape para mi uso? si se puede, como?
I ran your text through babelfish, and I think I understand your problem better now.

If you just want to copy stats over, you should be able to export just that section of the rom with a hex editor. (I think, I can't test things at the moment.) Then just import/copy it onto the new rom. Just repeat this same process with the pokedex entries and anything else you want too. Also, I'm going to chide you for not keeping backups of your work, so situations like this don't happen.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
No eso no se puede hacer con yape. Se puede hacer con un editor de hex pero se hace un poco dificile. No es possible editar a yape porque eso es algo que solo el creador del programa puede hacer. En mi opinion es mejor editar los stats de neuvo.

Back