• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I love N and Cheren's voices, don't know the voice actors though but they look good.

Their voices couldn't be more fitting for them. Not sure if Bianca's voice actor is the same as her Japanese Best Wishes one, which I haven't heard, but her voice is adorable in this. Even if some of the characters are just grunting or such, it's cool to hear what their voices are intended to sound like.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm trying to find out who did the voices. So far the only one I'm certain of is the Rival being voiced by Romi Park. And N sounds sort of like Mamoru Miyano. I've heard all of these voices in other Anime, but, those are the only 2 that truly stuck out to me. The Player character sort of sounds like KENN, the voice actor for Judai/Jaden in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. As others have said, I wish they'd redo the anime and go a route like this.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Lol I like it when Arcanine owns that Siviper. I'm not big on anima, but I would watch this, if it where made into a full series. Heck, if it became a movie, I'd probably hunt it down

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My main question is,if these are indeed in the game. How will they fit the pokemon in if their is 300 choices in the game? Are they going to change each and every pokemon we have in the scenes or are we going to have to use the pokemon they show in the main storyline? Another question I have is,are they gonna be in the normal DS version? I think they said a while back that there will be additional features in the 3DS versions of the game.

1. This is probably just a promotional trailer and nothing more. Probably won't end up in the games.

2. If it does end up in the games, though, I bet it'll be only for scenes without any of the player's Pokémon required to be visible.

3. Nope, not 3DS-enhanced. It is DSi-enhanced, though.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
My main question is,if these are indeed in the game. How will they fit the pokemon in if their is 300 choices in the game? Are they going to change each and every pokemon we have in the scenes or are we going to have to use the pokemon they show in the main storyline? Another question I have is,are they gonna be in the normal DS version? I think they said a while back that there will be additional features in the 3DS versions of the game.
Not sure what you mean by this, if you are alluding to these being cutscenes or going a long with the game. The anime doesn't need to cover every pokemon anyways if it is a anime based on the games. Only additional features I thing thus far are AR for the Kami Trio forms.

I'm trying to find out who did the voices. So far the only one I'm certain of is the Rival being voiced by Romi Park. And N sounds sort of like Mamoru Miyano. I've heard all of these voices in other Anime, but, those are the only 2 that truly stuck out to me. The Player character sort of sounds like KENN, the voice actor for Judai/Jaden in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. As others have said, I wish they'd redo the anime and go a route like this.
This was posted else where so don't take my word for it.

N - Tetsuya Kakihara
Bianca - Ayana Taketatsu
Cheren - Kimura Ryohei
Elesa - Miyuki Sawashiro
Akuroma - Shinichiro Miki
Shadow Triad member - Akira Ishida

ThunderPom

Zapdos Trainer
Years
OMG! The Shadow Triad! -major fangirl moment-.I want to know more about them. And it's nice to know Elesa doesn't look like a nazi anymore. I swear I wondered what she would look like withbrown hair. ThenI see this. Weird. :O

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I hate to ruin it for everyone... but someone has to...
1) When this trailer comes to the US/Europe it will be censored as heck. Including Elesa. :disappoin (Come on now. Shes got that... harness thing... expect a redrawing of her...) For some odd reason the US Pokemon Company Branch likes to censor soooo many things.
Can't argue with you on that... although something tells me they won't even dub this trailer, its too epic.

2) An anime like the trailer isn't likely to happen. Epic, I admit but... like the others said budget problems, lack of substance/storyline, and etc. are contributing factors as to why an anime won't work. *Gets an urge to kill that vile thing called "Ash"*
The games have plenty of substance/storyline to work with, and who says they're limited to it, they're free to include their own subplots and flesh out the characters more. And budget problems? Are you serious? This is freaking POKEMON we're talking about, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises. Don't give us this "budget problems" crap.

3) THE REAL GAME ISN'T LIKE THIS! If it is I'm buying it. I got money to spend... if I don't i'll find a way.
The scenes in the trailer all represent an event in the game. Such as receiving your starter Pokemon, talking to the Achroma guy in Castelia, battling Elesa, battling Team Plasma on a ship (possibly in Castelia), and chasing the Shadow Triad on eastern frozen Unova. I bet you that every one of those events will occur in the game (I mean, seriously, are you gonna tell me, "Bianca won't give you a starter Pokemon! And you won't battle Elesa! They just included it in the trailer for fun!")

4) I want epic commercials for EVERY Pokemon product now... Don't you?
Yes :3 I also want them to scrap the current Pokemon anime so people will stop viewing Pokemon as something childish. And they need to change that stupid kiddy yellow & blue logo, since the Japanese logos look so much cooler (and changes every 2 generations, unlike the international logo which has never changed >_<)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeaaah I don't think they'll censor the trailer much other than just translate it to English. I didn't really see anything Elesa did as inappropriate tbh. Then again, this is for the games, not the anime, so as far as redrawing goes, it could be a different story and they may not. :3

...also wait if I understood the story correctly, triple battle with you, your rival and Cheren versus Plasma in the games? omg.

Years
This was posted else where so don't take my word for it.

N - Tetsuya Kakihara
Bianca - Ayana Taketatsu
Cheren - Kimura Ryohei
Elesa - Miyuki Sawashiro
Akuroma - Shinichiro Miki
Shadow Triad member - Akira Ishida

I love the voices there, Miki is one who voices characters in the main Pokemon anime.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
1. FEMALE PROTAGONIST IS WHERE? Seriously, GameFreak has a long history of giving the girls the shaft, and it appears things have not changed in this respect.

2. I would've preferred to see some other Pokemon than Arcanine being all epic and stuff... they are seriously overhyping it for B2/W2.

Otherwise, can't complain. Great animation quality, interesting confrontations, and Elesa comes back! Now I'm wondering if this opens up the possibility of anime cut scenes making it into the actual game...

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Finally was able to watch the trailer! I got one word for ya: Wow! O_O

Beautiful animation, awesome music...definitely would be great to see more of this for future games! Seems Game Freak is definitely trying to get the message across that B2/W2 are something special!

As far as an actual series though, I doubt we'd see one replace the current anime. There might be a chance they would do a short side series, but I would say chances are they won't. In-game, we might see them expand the cut scenes a bit, but I'm kinda iffy on whether they'd go with full animation and voice acting for the actual games.

I questioned how a more "mature" version of Pokemon would work, but this trailer showed me that it can be done if handled correctly! And though I don't think it will happen, I'd support a series or movie with this kind of quality!

1. FEMALE PROTAGONIST IS WHERE? Seriously, GameFreak has a long history of giving the girls the shaft, and it appears things have not changed in this respect.

I agree they could have put her somewhere. Perhaps we'll see another of these trailers with her having her own adventure since she didn't show up at all in this one?

Years

2. I would've preferred to see some other Pokemon than Arcanine being all epic and stuff... they are seriously overhyping it for B2/W2.

Otherwise, can't complain. Great animation quality, interesting confrontations, and Elesa comes back! Now I'm wondering if this opens up the possibility of anime cut scenes making it into the actual game...

The reason they don't heavily showcase female protagonists is cos most Pokemon fans are male. I'd say the ratio is 3 males to 1 female, that's 75% of average Pokemon fans being male.

That's why they left the girl out of the trailer cos most Pokemon fans are boys.

I love Elesa's new design by the way.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Anyone else notice that the Pokemon don't say their names like they do in the actual anime? I thought that was a nice touch!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Anyone else notice that the Pokemon don't say their names like they do in the actual anime? I thought that was a nice touch!

Well they have been known to do this many times before. Jessie's Seviper would sometimes make little noises other than its own name.

And as for LeSabre's point of them over hyping the games:
They have to.
These are brand new games. New Pokemon, new features, new everything. When it comes to GF releasing a new thing, or any company releasing something new, you kind of have to be super excited of it. If you're not proud of your product, your customer won't be excited. As far as using Arcanine goes, it is a VERY well known Pokemon. My mother even knows it and she only knows three Pokemon at best. Using such an appealing Pokemon in their trailer only makes the consumer more excited to see more of this game which can potentially lead to the purchase of said game.

To be honest, it makes sense that they would use Arcanine, as random as it seems. Yes, Emboar may have been slightly more appropriate, but if they want to show that they have included Pokemon from the previous generations into the games, this is a good way to go. Yes, they did show Seviper and whatnot, but you also want to show the hero of the game having a Pokemon from another generation as well, such as Arcanine and Lucario.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Well they have been known to do this many times before. Jessie's Seviper would sometimes make little noises other than its own name.

I remember that about her Seviper. I meant that actually none of the Pokemon in the trailer said their names, even that Seviper the Plasma trainer had. Though, it may just be because none of them were "cutesy" Pokemon. I'm sure if Pikachu were in it, the actress from the anime would have been used.

They have to.
These are brand new games. New Pokemon, new features, new everything. When it comes to GF releasing a new thing, or any company releasing something new, you kind of have to be super excited of it. If you're not proud of your product, your customer won't be excited. As far as using Arcanine goes, it is a VERY well known Pokemon. My mother even knows it and she only knows three Pokemon at best. Using such an appealing Pokemon in their trailer only makes the consumer more excited to see more of this game which can potentially lead to the purchase of said game.

To be honest, it makes sense that they would use Arcanine, as random as it seems. Yes, Emboar may have been slightly more appropriate, but if they want to show that they have included Pokemon from the previous generations into the games, this is a good way to go. Yes, they did show Seviper and whatnot, but you also want to show the hero of the game having a Pokemon from another generation as well, such as Arcanine and Lucario.

Agreed totally. I have to admit, Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon, so it was great to see it in the trailer.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only. :(

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I really hope you can get a /RioluLucario early in the game...

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Script for anyone that's interested.
# Exported by Aegisub 2.1.8 (built from SVN revision 4064)
N: The path that you and your Pokémon chose...
N: I wonder what it is?
# N: ---
Rival: Let's go!
Rival: We're off to get our own Pokémon!
Protagonist: Yeah.
Protagonist: Who're you?
Belle: I'm so glad we get to meet!
Belle: Ta-da!
Belle: Inside is the Pokémon that's going to be your parter.
# Belle: ---
Akuroma: There was Team Plasma.
Akuroma: They realized the true potential that Pokémon possess
Akuroma: and wanted to release that from humanity.
Akuroma: I, however,
Akuroma: am of a different opinion.
# Akuroma: ---
Kamitsure: Welcome to this stage!
Kamitsure: Between my cherished Pokémon and yours...
Kamitsure: Which will show true brilliance?
Kamitsure: We'll find out now!
# Kamitsure: ---
Plasma Girl: Let me congratulate you for making it this far.
Plasma Girl: But since there are so many of us...
Plasma Girl: I suggest surrendering.
Rival: Just warning you, I'm starting to get angry.
Cheren: Eh, they're only troublesome because of their numbers.
Rival: Let's end this quickly.
Rival: Lend me your power.
Protagnist: Kay.
Plasma Girl: Habunake, use Bite!
Protagonist: Windie, use Bite too!
Rival: Daikenki, Ice Beam!
# Rival: ---
Protagonist: Wait!
Protagonist: Lucario, Aura Sphere!
Ninja: No matter what you do, we've already met our objective.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
They have to.

Actually I was talking about overhyping the fact that Arcanine was in the games, not the games themselves. I don't mind hyping up the game, but for me personally, I'm sick of seeing, "Oh look we're going to have the big hairy angry looking fire dog Pokemon in this!" It's not quite as bad as the overhyping of Pikachu throughout the entire franchise yet, but still...

Arcanine happens to be one of the most unappealing Pokemon IMO and the fact they used it, coupled with the male character instead of the female, meant that the trailer actually failed to excite me as much as it was probably meant to. Again, it's all a matter of my personal preference and me being a cat person.

Bottom line, if I went into this trailer knowing nothing else about B2/W2, I would not be interested based on the trailer alone.

Oh yeah, I don't appreciate you trying to undermine my credibility on the site.

Last edited:
Back