• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Member of the Year: Roleplay Corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Member of the Year 2014
>> At the Roleplay Corner, hosted by Adventure & Skymin & Magic <<
Let's introduce...
History of MotY
Member of the Year, or MotY, is a popular annual PokeCommunity event that brings together regulars of the many facets of the community to vote on whom they believe should be crowned the "Member of the Year." Completely subjectively based, members have the ability to decide who should be Member of the Year and why, as well as vote on various other superlative categories. In the past, superlatives included "Most likely to become PC's Next Top Model" and "Most likely to turn all members into Pokemon."
Anything else we should know?
As the event grows in age, so too does the setup. That's why in recent years we've introduced the sectional ballot. The sectional ballot is a ballot moderators of various forum sections on PokeCommunity use to engage their regulars in the event. Members in each section can vote on those that they think deserve the spotlight for doing various things, such as being a highly consistent poster or being known for high quality thread creation.
Please guide us...
Before we begin, let's take a moment to read these rules.
» You may vote for any member in any category.
» But you may not vote for yourself in any category.
» You may vote for no more than three members per category.
» You may vote for the same person no more than three times in the same ballot.
» You may not vote from more than one account; vote rigging invalidates your ballot.
ballot.
» You may only vote if you are, or ever have been, part of a roleplay here.
» You may only post votes here; no discussion is allowed.
Voting process
How does it all go?
The voting process is extremely simple. All you have to do is copy the entire ballot, paste it into the reply box, and fill it out. Write the names of the people you're voting for beside the category and when you're done, click reply - you're finished! The votes will be tallied around the New Year and the results announced in 2015. Isn't that exciting? So, what are you waiting for? Get to voting!
Finally, the categories for PokéCommunity's roleplayers!
Best wordsmith: (whose writing do you never tire of? A.k.a. who is the best writer overall?)

Biggest idea cannon: (who never seems to stop spouting out new good ideas?)

Best character builder: (who shapes and develops their characters the best?)

Most helpful roleplayer: (who has been the kindest and most eager soul in RPC?)

Most skillful GM: (who, in your opinion, has been the most successful, helpful or overall best GM?)

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: (there are some, don't deny it)

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: (RP is your reality, reality is your fiction)
Have fun!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Best wordsmith: Raikiri, Sir Bastian

Biggest idea cannon: Raikiri, The Prince of Sweet Sorrow, revlis

Best character builder: Vintage Arachnid, Carnivore Chie, The Last Sentinel

Most helpful roleplayer: Adventure, gimmepie

Most skillful GM: gimmepie, Raikiri

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: gimmepie, Greiger, Adventure

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: The Prince of Sweet Sorrow, Plumbum, Fort PokePower

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
My votes will be subjective, like everyone else's, so I'd like to state a reason to go along with them, as it only seems fair. This is a fun thing to do, but I also feel like I have to thank one and give a cheer to another, people who I think have done some good work that ought to be recognized.

Best wordsmith: N/A

Biggest idea cannon: N/A

Best character builder: The Roach (a.k.a. GastlyGibus)

He doesn't flaunt it, but if one takes a second, hard look at Roach's characters, they should be able to see that they're exceptionally well crafted and solid, real 3d characters with a set past, present and future, all traits which make them charming and fun to RP IC with. For CD, he has created two massively different characters with fates intertwined in a far deeper level than he'd make us think, something you couldn't do without some mad skills at character building, and I always believed he did exactly the same thing in Odyssey. I always look forward to what he is going to do next.

Most helpful roleplayer: Greiger

Of all the people who have helped me, Greiger stands out. It's not just me that he helps, but everyone, I like to think. He is, as you state, the kindest and most eager soul, he willingly listens to any ideas I may have about my characters or my RP and suggests things on his own that help me further any ideas of my own; most importantly, he gives valuable criticism where it is due, so that the RP may not falter from the path we all love to take. Any complaints he might have are still useful for the bettering of the RP, and perhaps for the bettering of myself. I have no doubt that if he was in any other kind of RP, his contribution would remain that way, so I can freely say, thank you my friend.

Most skillful GM: N/A

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: gimmepie, Greiger, Adventure

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: I can't vote for myself, can I? :D It's going to have to be Plumbum

I have a sneaking suspicion that when Plumbum is in the mood, he's gets so deep into the RP world that you need a Super Rod to pull him out.

Last edited:
Years
Best wordsmith: machomuu, Sir Bastion, Geras32

Biggest idea cannon: Plumbum, [Drakath],

Best character builder: Carnivore Chie, Geras32, SV

Most helpful roleplayer: Adventure, The Prince of Sweet Sorrow, Nakuzami

Most skillful GM: SV, Revlis, Quto

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: Adventure, Jegretis, SV

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: Plumbum, Adventure, Raikiri

Edit: More on the way, I'm thinking I might add reasoning myself too.

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Best Wordsmith:

Idea Cannon:

Character Builder:
I'm going to agree with Ray Mav. here, and name GastlyGibus as my vote. I'm not so sure what it is with this guy, but with his characters are just a joy to interact with, whether it be the petty talk and peptalks between Cassandra and Petrina in Crimson Dawn or the whole brother arc that sadly never got to run its course in Pokémon Odyssey 4, it's always been a fun state of having the security of "knowing exactly where this is going, but having no idea what's about to happen." If that makes any sense at all, which given this is me, it probably doesn't.​

Most Helpful Roleplayer:
I'mma say it's Bommer (as I call him) or Grieger who's been there for me as the new guy around the block here. I don't put them on display much, but I do have some quite severe confidence issues in my own writing, and when I was penning Lunea's Veil, voicing my concerns about my ability to make the story work, Bommer was the one right there to help me patch up the plotholes and overall turn it into a coherent story and really give me the confidence to launch it - and even if it didn't pan out well the first time, it's now a decent story I have in reserve on my backburner and I blame Bommer for putting it there.​

Most Skillful GM:
I think I'm going to flat-out abstain from a vote here.​

Least Likely To Close the Tab:
True "DEW SUMFINK" Epicness, or Turnip. The guy's always on our backs when things get slow, so I must assume he has a window open at all times, ready to chastise us if something has not been done.​

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes AKA the really long title:
I'm going to nominate FortPokepower, then get angry because she uses "Poké" without the accented "e". But after I'm done with that, I definitely think that Fort is one of the first around to be thinking of anything in terms of her character and she most certainly is never passing up a single chance she gets to draw the characters... I certainly think she gets well-drawn into any RP world.​

I'll come back to the first two later after a more thorough assessment.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Best wordsmith:

Biggest idea cannon: Plumbum

Best character builder: DLMuerte, SV, Greiger

Most helpful roleplayer:

Most skillful GM: Lord Sephear, SV

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: True Epicness

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: Greiger, Plumbum

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Best Wordsmith: Raikiri, Sir Bastian

Biggest Idea Cannon: SV

Best Character Builder: Gimmepie, Raikari, The Last Sentinel

Most Helpful Roleplayer: Adventure, Sir Bastian

Most Skillful GM: SV, Raikiri, Adventure

Most Likely To Never Close The RPC Tab: Jegretis, Greiger, Fort PokePower

Most Likely To Get Lost In A RP World And Refuse To Go When Rescue Comes: Greiger, Adventure, Fort PokePower

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: Fort Pokepower, most definitely.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: Fort Pokepower, most definitely.
It strikes me as a little odd that someone would make their first post on this forum in an educated voting contest, so I added an extra rule. Unfortunately, that nullifies your vote here for now. If you have any objections or want to explain anything, feel free to send me a Private Message.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Best wordsmith: Lord Sephear, Adventure, Carnivore Chie

Biggest idea cannon: Adventure, Gimmepie

Best character builder: SV, Raikiri

Most helpful roleplayer: Carnivore Chie, Raikiri

Most skillful GM: SV, Raikiri, Adventure

Most likely to never close the RPC tab: SV, Greiger, Carnivore Chie

Most likely to get lost in a RP world and refuse to go when rescue comes: Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back