• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the TRUE shape of the pokemon world and the prediction of the future gens.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
up until today i thought the pokemon world was just a mirror version of the current one (since unova matches NY and kalos france, the rest is japan, ect.) what are the true locations of the regions of the pokemon world? and how acurately do you think we can predict the next one?
Unova_world_map.png

so far this is the only confirmed image of the world (by the anime) so far, currently located on unova. how can we pinpoint the locations of the other regions?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I wouldn't rely too much on the anime, as it's in a separate canon from the games themselves. That map isn't even accurate; Unova's map in the games looks much different than the map presented there. In the video games the Pokemon world geologically is extremely similar to our world, with only landmarks and biomes being different. The shapes of regions like Hoenn and Kalos are almost perfect replications of areas in Japan and France respectively.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I found this:

Spoiler:

But I sort of think it's not accurate, Unova and Kalos being so close to Kanto and Johto and Sinnoh being in the south etc...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd say it's sort of tough to predict what route they'll take or will not when it comes to this, but online, there seemed to have been a good portion of support behind them putting-together a region based off Canada by fans, and I feel it'd be kind of interesting to see how they go about taking things if they do decide on it at some point in future.

Personally, though, what I would like to see is a location inspired by some place such as India. They have yet to explore that part of world in terms of Pokémon regions, and I believe it would give us some chance to take a breath of air, so to speak. I know I'd definitely enjoy having an adventure through it.

India is generally a very populated area if I'm not wrong, and if they create a region after the country, in some of its towns, cities, and routes, I suppose we could expect there to be more NPCs than normal, haha. Also, since India is surrounded by hot weather most of the time, I'd imagine this location to be occupied by various ground, rock, fire, and grass Pokémon (as they tend to flourish under these kind of climates).

Back