• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey guys anyone know what I can do to defeat V's son and daughter with their kyurem b and w. My pokemon are fairly low-leveled compared to their pokemon. I beat the son after I used about 50 revives until he ran out of pp. my pokemon are:
Rufflet: 47
Yanmega: 47
Blastoise: 51
Dragonair(possibly the worst pokemon in the fricking game!) : 48
And I'm stuck picking between: victini 43, spiritomb 55, or absol 50. Any help is appreciated!
First of all can u tell where are
Like are u in amaris mansion
And what are the foes lvl
I think victini is good choice
And spirit tomb as well [ since it doesn't have any weakness
And a advice
Train only the pokemon u are going to use to fight the elite4
Training all are useless
And:-) that will only mean u have to grind more

am i the only one who has noticed that the walkthrough is not exactly the same as ingame? For example, Pete's Trapinch was level 10 not 9, the first bug catcher in Twisted Woodlands had level 8 caterpie intead of level 6, and so on so forth. Another error is the wild pokemon list, for whatever reason, drillbur appear in mainlands cave even though they are not on the list.

Note: I am using gba4ios and downloaded the version from coolrom because i couldn't find any other link for a download compatible for mobile. is this possibly the source of the problem? (i.e. the version on coolrom is outdated?)

still lovin it so far, can't wait for DR2
Not only that the walktrough doesn't have many legendary location later on
I guess he was fed up of typing
But still he has done a marvellous job
Cool Rom may have an outdated version
And maybe it's also incomplete

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys anyone know what I can do to defeat V's son and daughter with their kyurem b and w. My pokemon are fairly low-leveled compared to their pokemon. I beat the son after I used about 50 revives until he ran out of pp. my pokemon are:
Rufflet: 47
Yanmega: 47
Blastoise: 51
Dragonair(possibly the worst pokemon in the fricking game!) : 48
And I'm stuck picking between: victini 43, spiritomb 55, or absol 50. Any help is appreciated!
Don't those Kyurems have level 50?
Or is the second encounter where they have 70 level ones?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Hey everyone, Loving the hack so far im just a little stuck

Ive just defeated Yami Yugi and Sydney took me back to the HQ where I gave one of the characters the sapphire, But ive done everything here already where do i go next?

Many thanks

J

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
First of all can u tell where are
Like are u in amaris mansion
And what are the foes lvl
I think victini is good choice
And spirit tomb as well [ since it doesn't have any weakness
And a advice
Train only the pokemon u are going to use to fight the elite4
Training all are useless
And:-) that will only mean u have to grind more

Not only that the walktrough doesn't have many legendary location later on
I guess he was fed up of typing
But still he has done a marvellous job
Cool Rom may have an outdated version
And maybe it's also incomplete

ok thanks I guess but is it possible for the author of the hack to upload a version compatible with downloading from iOS or is she totally done with this thread FOREVER

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 21, 2014
Can i has a help I stock in a place ....... after the event of brock,ash, and entei ....I have only 2
badge

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Hey, someone PLEASE HELP ME! I'm stuck in a glitch. In the room where you receive victini, i saved while i was against the right side of house next to the door. Then after I saved, the whole conversation with the girl and Paul repeats, it makes me step up and out of the boundaries of the game. So when the sequence is over, I can't get back in the boundaries. Sry if this has been handled already, I couldn't find anything about it. I really dont wanna start over. >.<

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Um guys, I just found a shiny Starly! I literally have no more than a few minutes into this game, so I really have to ask before any false excitement but since this is a mod hack, has the shiny rates been altered?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I can't find any mushrooms!! I've searched all the suggested places... Where can I get them is there a pokemon that holds it? I need my Yoru (Gengar) to remember hypnosis and dream eater!! Help!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Um guys, I just found a shiny Starly! I literally have no more than a few minutes into this game, so I really have to ask before any false excitement but since this is a mod hack, has the shiny rates been altered?
Afaik no intended change was made but altering data in ROM may alter the rates anyways.
Still, you got pretty lucky.

Hey, someone PLEASE HELP ME! I'm stuck in a glitch. In the room where you receive victini, i saved while i was against the right side of house next to the door. Then after I saved, the whole conversation with the girl and Paul repeats, it makes me step up and out of the boundaries of the game. So when the sequence is over, I can't get back in the boundaries. Sry if this has been handled already, I couldn't find anything about it. I really dont wanna start over. >.<
Unfortunately, repetition of events is a serious bug of DR1 and nothing had been done about it...
Since you apparently got into point of no return, you unfortunately have to start over...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014

Unfortunately, repetition of events is a serious bug of DR1 and nothing had been done about it...
Since you apparently got into point of no return, you unfortunately have to start over...

Thank you so much. Yeah it sux that I have to restart, but I would've just sat there forever if no1 told me. There were a few things about my team I wanted to change anyways but didn't feel like cuz I was too far. Also, I have a bunch of questions about DR1, is this the correct place to ask them? And how can I avoid repeated subjects? Thanks again! {XD}

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thank you so much. Yeah it sux that I have to restart, but I would've just sat there forever if no1 told me. There were a few things about my team I wanted to change anyways but didn't feel like cuz I was too far. Also, I have a bunch of questions about DR1, is this the correct place to ask them? And how can I avoid repeated subjects? Thanks again! {XD}
Yes, this is the place.
And if you just use the "Search this thread" feature, you can get your answer before asking.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I can't find any mushrooms!! I've searched all the suggested places... Where can I get them is there a pokemon that holds it? I need my Yoru (Gengar) to remember hypnosis and dream eater!! Help!
In dark rising headquarters there is a person beside Dr Roy who sells mushrooms

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I need help! Ok so I started to play this game and I'm trying to go to the gym in fells city and when I talk to the person in front of the gym no dialogue won't come up. Is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
I need help! Ok so I started to play this game and I'm trying to go to the gym in fells city and when I talk to the person in front of the gym no dialogue won't come up. Is that supposed to happen?

Hey, I haven't beaten the game or anything yet, but I just skipped that gym. I don't believe your supposed to beat it until later in the game. I've been continuing on just fine w/o challenging it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
That gym is the last gym
The first gym is after lava burn forest
And it's a fire type

That gym is the last gym
The first gym is after lava burn forest
And it's a fire type

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years

Youre suppose to skip that gym and continue on. There will be a time when you will return there and challege that gym. Idk, cause its been too long since i finished DR1

Hey DarkRisingGirl :) Just letting you know that Dark Rising 1 is really awesome! :) Can't wait for Dark Rising 2 :)

-TyHawk4501

Seriously? DR2 is out since december last year. >_>

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
can someone tell me how to evolve pichu? I read somewhere its at level twenty but I tried and nothing happens? help??

Back