• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X or Y?

Which version will you get?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victini

I'm really leaning towards X version for the moment because of Xerneas...

... Buuut if it turns out that the version exclusives cause me to lean towards Y, I am totally okay with that. Yveltal is really amazing too. >w>

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'll get both, and I'll probably make Y the version in which I get everything and treat it like a storage unit, because at the moment X appeals to me more, because I slightly prefer Xerneas' design. I'll get Y first and probably get X for Christmas, though...to be honest, it depends on my funds at the time, and whether or not I have a second 3DS by that point (I have been meaning to get an XL, and these games provide me with a convenient excuse to) and whether or not my mother wants to play one of them...if she does, I'll play X instead, and it's doubtful I'll ever play Y.

seishiro-san

Inspirational
Years
I am more towards the Y version. As for now, the only reason for choosing Y, is because Yveltal certainly knows how to make a fantastic first impression.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I can't make my mind right now though, both Legendaries look so badass. I shall see the version exclusives before I make this choice.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yveltal looks cooler. A flying dragon type is better than a...dunno, a grass or water type? Lol. That's my opinion tho.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Right now I'm planning on getting X. It's one of favorite letters, and blue is my favorite color. I'm not a big fan of either legendary, but I think the one from X looks slightly cooler, and it's a fresh change, as mentioned before. My choice could change depending on the version exclusives. Only once did my choice change after finding out about the version exclusives, and that was during gen 3 when I switched from Sapphire to Ruby when I found out Latios was exclusive to Ruby, if you don't count the Eon Ticket. In the end I ended up getting both. I bought Sapphire a few months after Ruby. Gen 3 is the only time that I've bought both games. I will hold off voting until I'm 100% sure which one I'm getting.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
I might be getting both in the long run. It depends on what my friends get and how often we can get together to trade and everything. But I'm first getting Y. The mascot is my favorite one out of the two. Though my opinion might change once possible version exclusives are revealed.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'm going to be buying Pokemon X, and there's really no reason behind the decision. I just like the name better.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm going to be buying Pokemon X, and there's really no reason behind the decision. I just like the name better.

This is my main reason haha.

Plus I prefer Xerneas over Yveltal...can't explain it either.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm getting both. Best part is that if they go digital, I can have my main being digital, and my optional for exclusives being the one I bought retail.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'll be getting both X and Y. Both of the legendary Pokemon look really cool and I always get both versions anyway.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Unfortunately I won't be able to play either game as I don't have a 3DS and do not plan to get one solely for one game. I am not made of money and my DS lite still performs fine even at it's pretty old age. I also am not a fan of 3D. Waste of money and terrible for your eyes.

The fire starter however is adorable! If indeed that is what the unfamiliar yellow fox pokemon I have recently seen is. I would love to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back