• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I'm going to be a downer and remind us all that same-sex marriage still isn't legal in the UK. There's still a long way until it will be, it's only passed one reading in the House of Commons, it still needs to be approved by the House of Lords and a load of other stuff before it will actually be legal.

Years
I'm going to be a downer and remind us all that same-sex marriage still isn't legal in the UK. There's still a long way until it will be, it's only passed one reading in the House of Commons, it still needs to be approved by the House of Lords and a load of other stuff before it will actually be legal.
But it will most likely happen. And a majority of people in the UK support it while at the same time it seems a majority of the UK's leaders also support it. That bodes well. Coming from an American perspective (not to steal anyone's thunder) it's nice to see a government in support of marriage equality. Sadly, in the US we'll probably have to force it on people by having marriage bans be overturned in our courts. It would be so much better to have our representatives in government mostly all be in favor of equality like it seems is the case in the UK.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Ah my Barrely friend, it's fantastic to finally see you in here!

England is definitely the star of the world right now. When I first heard the news the first thought that immediately came into my head was sitting the other 175 politicians down in a room, getting up on stage and smugly laughing.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Ah, it's good to hear that the majority of politicians have at least some amount of common sense after all. With this there's bound to be pressure on for it to actually be put through, and that's good.

Shining, you show remarkable constraint. If I had those politicians in a room, my actions would include some kind of large blunt instrument. :D

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Ah, it's good to hear that the majority of politicians have at least some amount of common sense after all.

Too bad there are politicians that actually believe video games are a greater threat to the safety of the United States than guns.

Back to those 175 politicians, though, I'd probably take the blunt instrument route, myself. Either that or I'd be up on the podium and just... stare. Just stare at them, trying to keep myself from laughing at them. (However, I'd definitely have a s***-eating grin the whole time.)

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Too bad there are politicians that actually believe video games are a greater threat to the safety of the United States than guns.

Back to those 175 politicians, though, I'd probably take the blunt instrument route, myself. Either that or I'd be up on the podium and just... stare. Just stare at them, trying to keep myself from laughing at them. (However, I'd definitely have a s***-eating grin the whole time.)

Okay...
I walked in on an odd time....
Speaking of which, there's a reason I'm here, mostly cause I'm a bit conflicted with myself on these things.....
It's all very confusing...

Years
Okay...
Speaking of which, there's a reason I'm here, mostly cause I'm a bit conflicted with myself on these things.....
It can be confusing, but if you want to talk about anything you're free to. (Well, not anything anything. We can't be explicit about certain things. Anyway.) We won't judge. This is a space for you to talk about what's on your mind and get help sorting things out if that's what you want. Or if you just want to gripe about things that's fine, too.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
The thing is...
I already know I'm bicurious, at the very least...
Or, I think I am, I've only been with one person before... It's all confusing.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing awesome. <3 :p

Okay...

The thing is...
I already know I'm bicurious, at the very least...
Or, I think I am, I've only been with one person before... It's all confusing.

Hey, Fenrir! I remember posting on your introduction. Welcome to PC and welcome to the LGBT club! XD

Who were you with before if you don't mind disclosing?

That's true. :\ But like others have said, it's a very enthusiastic step ahead and the future seems bright. Hopefully the politicians in the House of Lords have some sort of common sense, too.

There's always going to be those crazy politicians that make a person wonder how they were even elected into office. And then, of course, you have the 175 politicians like the ones in the House of Commons who are extremely egocentric and radical in their thinking and just downright selfish. The worst part is that these people are being paid big bucks for their ridiculousness.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hi :p We can share him. ;)

Btw, where did you get that "Some dudes marry dudes. Get Over It." shirt? That's epic! I never really wanted to wear any type of clothing/accessories that shout "I'm gay!" because I didn't want people approaching me or asking me questions, but I guess people don't really care what someone is wearing nowadays. I'm glad people don't confront you about it often. @_@ No one should judge anyone on the clothes they wear anyways.

I don't know how to share I just take what's mine!

If anyone did have a problem with my apparel I know exactly where I would tell them to shove their concerns! Just because I where a shirt that says that doesn't mean I'm gay, I hate when people make those kind of assumptions. Granted, I know what you mean because that's exactly what people jump to. I got the shirt at a site called FCKH8.com (I'm not trying to bypass the censor that's really the name!)

/late response

Also, yay for getting closer to marriage equality in places in the States and over in Europe.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Hey, Fenrir! I remember posting on your introduction. Welcome to PC and welcome to the LGBT club! XD

Who were you with before if you don't mind disclosing?

Umm...
She was a good friend of mine, and we broke up in February of the following year, and it started in December. After the break-up, we did remain good friends.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Guys, I've made an amazing discovery.

We're all homo.

Homochromic.
(sorry...)

Also, I've noticed that my mom talks about me being gay a lot more lately... in fact, it's almost like she's proud about it... and at the same time, my dad always sighs and looks sad when she mentions it. He's agnostic, and she's a very devout Christian... What's up with that? lol

Last edited:
Years
Hey hey! Can I join? I don't really ever feel a true sexual attraction to someone (not that I mind that sort of thing or hate doing it or anything), but I do become romantically attracted to either gender. I've dated and been with both genders so I'm pretty comfortable with my identity. I also don't really identify as either gender... Ehhh I guess I'm kind of weird haha.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Umm...
She was a good friend of mine, and we broke up in February of the following year, and it started in December. After the break-up, we did remain good friends.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. So why do you think you're bi-curious now?

Guys, I've made an amazing discovery.

We're all homo.

Homochromic.
(sorry...)

Also, I've noticed that my mom talks about me being gay a lot more lately... in fact, it's almost like she's proud about it... and at the same time, my dad always sighs and looks sad when she mentions it. He's agnostic, and she's a very devout Christian... What's up with that? lol

Gahh, I feel like my mom is going to do the same exact thing if I come out to her. >.< She's the type of person to be asking annoying questions constantly, and I'm scared that if I do come out to her, she'll make it like a public thing. I know she'll be accepting of me, hopefully, but she's very "social" and who knows what she would do. All I want to do is come out and not have to deal with all the questioning and examination that comes with it, lol. It's most likely inevitable, though. My dad probably wouldn't even mind if I was gay, tbh.

Anyways, that's interesting that she's quite religious and is accepting. I mean, hey, that's actually awesome. She's probably realized that she can't really do anything about it, so there's no point in her fighting to change who you are. She also probably doesn't want to hinder the relationship she has with you.

Hey hey! Can I join? I don't really ever feel a true sexual attraction to someone (not that I mind that sort of thing or hate doing it or anything), but I do become romantically attracted to either gender. I've dated and been with both genders so I'm pretty comfortable with my identity. I also don't really identify as either gender... Ehhh I guess I'm kind of weird haha.

Hey, MCL! What can we call you? Do you have a nickname? :)

We'd be glad to have you!

You're definitely not weird! That's completely fine to feel the way you do. :] All that matters is that you have confidence in yourself and your identity, really. Have any stories to tell? :p We'd love to hear.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing great on this lovely day, and happy Valentine's day to those of you who are currently in a relationship. <3 Enjoy your day!

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
@Gyardosamped: See, the thing is, that happened when I was in 6th grade, like, 5 years ago. I didn't start feeling like this until my freshman year, last year. And... I don't know what to do about these feelings, I don't have anyone else to test on these.

And, I remember last year, during band camp, my best friend got into this relationship with this guy, okay? And, it sucked because I liked her, and, eventually, liked(?) him too? She moved to Tyler down south this year, but, he's still here, and, it sucks horribly.... And, I don't know what to do...

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
@Gyardosamped: See, the thing is, that happened when I was in 6th grade, like, 5 years ago. I didn't start feeling like this until my freshman year, last year. And... I don't know what to do about these feelings, I don't have anyone else to test on these.

And, I remember last year, during band camp, my best friend got into this relationship with this guy, okay? And, it sucked because I liked her, and, eventually, liked(?) him too? She moved to Tyler down south this year, but, he's still here, and, it sucks horribly.... And, I don't know what to do...

That's completely fine to feel like that, though, so don't feel discouraged or disheartened. :>

Do you talk often to the guy you have feelings for, go the same school, anything? It helps if you already know him and how he is.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
The thing is, we're really good friends, we've been friends since last year. I'm in a RP of his, and we talk at school basically everyday(such is the advantages of being in band).
Hell, my friend even told us that, and I quote, "If she didn't know us, she thought we were a couple!"
Though now, the feeling have generally moved to friendship for me, and, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Though, I do like two people now... One guy, one girl... And they're both my good friends...

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
The thing is, we're really good friends, we've been friends since last year. I'm in a RP of his, and we talk at school basically everyday(such is the advantages of being in band).
Hell, my friend even told us that, and I quote, "If she didn't know us, she thought we were a couple!"
Though now, the feeling have generally moved to friendship for me, and, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Though, I do like two people now... One guy, one girl... And they're both my good friends...

Hmm, well, that's good that your relationship as friends is strong. If you don't sense any feelings of affection from him, then it's quite difficult to tell whether or not he is attracted to you (and same goes for the girl you like, too).

Do you think he (or the girl) has any feelings for you past being friends at all, or has thought about it for that matter?

It kinda sucks to be "friend-zoned" when you like someone, but he might be heterosexual or something and that'd be even more awkward had you confronted him about your feelings. It's a tough situation overall.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
It's all very odd. I tend to keep these feelings to myself, and, to be honest, I don't really try because mostly I'm not sure of any of my feeling for any of them...
To be honest. Do you understand anything I'm spouting out?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
It's all very odd. I tend to keep these feelings to myself, and, to be honest, I don't really try because mostly I'm not sure of any of my feeling for any of them...
To be honest. Do you understand anything I'm spouting out?

I completely understand you. :p As you said, it's an odd situation overall. It's good to explore your feelings, though. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help. Maybe someone else in the club can give you better advice? :] I've never been in the same situation, so it's hard for me to give you proper advice, but I'm sure someone in the club has.

In the end, though, don't regret your feelings, but appreciate them for what they are, if that makes sense. :) Many times in our lives we are unsure of what we are feeling and what we want, and it's good to talk to others to see if they have any type of advice to guide us in the right direction.

Back