• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Involvement with the Forum

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
So, I've been doing some thinking and talking to some people about how we balance the involvement and contributions of all of you in this forum against those of the mods. Other staff, I'm not trying to undermine ye guys by posting this here first; I just wanna pose it as a hypothetical to see if it's worth taking higher. You might as well as also know that my opinions here don't strictly represent the opinions of the whole staff.

Basically, I want to know how interested ye'd all be in having a deeper involvement with the forum than straightforward posting. I'm talking stuff like minor forum events, competitions, and generally you guys having a greater amount of responsibility around the forums. As it stands, a lot of stuff is handled almost purely by staff. Which is fine, but I feel like we're not giving you enough opportunities to make stuff happen around here without being staff members yourselves. And of course, not everyone can be staff. I feel it's sorta black and white (lol) as it is; either you're a member and you don't have responsibility or you're staff and you do have responsibility. Personally I don't much like a gap that wide and feel like members can be trusted with a bit more responsibility than we give you right now. How exactly this could hypothetically be implemented, I don't know, but it's still a baby idea. I just wanna know how interested you guys are really. :]

So yeah, yes or no to more responsibility and organisation from members?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've been all for it since we discussed it. :)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
what sort of activities are you proposing exactly

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
This sounds good. Like what Hikari said it'll help promote more activity in the forum other than just people posting.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Was this really the mindset with everyone, that if you weren't staff, you didn't have responsibility? I never looked at it that way. :c

That being said, and my ignorance come to light, I totally support this idea. If members are capable of doing the work, then they should be meant to have their ideas and stuff come to life. It'll make the place more fun.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Was this really the mindset with everyone, that if you weren't staff, you didn't have responsibility? I never looked at it that way. :c

the only time i see members getting involved with the organisation & execution of forum events (not counting prettiest profile and the like) is the annual get together thingymajiggy, and that's because they get to have a little green bar under their name & a fun event to run
members (as a whole) don't really have any responsibilities at all except to be the lifeblood of pc

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm all in favour.

How would we give members more responsibility?
In what form? What would they be responsible for?
How is one chosen to complete a certain task? Do people put up their hand/sign up?

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Uh. Im all for this idea. How are members going to do this though? It would be easier to promote active/supporter people to a baby mod position? Just an idea.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So... train of thought here, might not be quite what you're looking for but yeah, that'd be good, I think. Posting is all well and good, but it's often a bit passive? Like in a lot of places people take the post-and-go route rather than discussion route and yeah then it's just kind of passive as opposed to making threads and going back to threads to discuss things. If people would get involved with creating and maintaining threads and events, I think that'd probably help out staff a bit and also give them (members) a stronger tie to the community? I dunno I've got vague ideas in my head and I'm not even sure where I'm going with them.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Uh. Im all for this idea. How are members going to do this though? It would be easier to promote active/supporter people to a baby mod position? Just an idea.

I don't think it would be related whatsoever to modding. If we're going to do that, we might as well mod them, right?

That being said, a different rank would make sense to me. This could be a rank you applied to, like a permanent EO, but without a badge because we already have so many especially when GT rolls around. It could give you access to an Events/Competitions forum, where you can plan out events in whatever section, see if other people want to help you with it, and get the final okay from the mods of that section/hstaff.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing more involvement. I've been sort of put off by the very same post-and-go vibe PC seems to have, as EternallyAnna put it. Anything meaty gets shot down or ignored outside of the one serious discussions forum, and it's not very stimulating. Maybe that's just the nature of the audience? In that case, perhaps we should start doing activities that would actually excite the audience enough to do more than post in/start another list topic(s)?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just replying on behalf of Razor given we've discussed this quite a bit. In regards to what members can do, there's a lot of things other than just get together's people can become involved in, PC has a social media community (and a few other things that were brought up but shouldn't be mentioned just in case anyone gets their hopes up and it doesn't go ahead) but there's some actual ideas. The thought was more to inspire a sort of way to reward good posters, and those who encourage discussion, and those would obviously be the ones looked to, to be involved in this kind of thing. If this does go ahead, and is agreed on, there will be more than just get together hosting (as Harley mentioned), and rather a whole lot of other ideas.

I also love the idea that Toujours mentioned of a planning sort of rank. :)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
if this thing does go ahead, would it be too hard to allow those running the event to be able to make an announcement or whatever in that section?? like, the ones staff put out whenever they want to showcase a new rule or event in their section
naturally this will be in conjunction with blogs (should they have one) and advertising in signatures and what not

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
So pretty much make event organizers a thing for everybody to be at any time?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I've already tried doing this an i think it's a great idea! I welcome more events and boosting excitement in the community!
I've spoken to toujours before about boosting th irc but i now have other ideas for it and going to speak to Fabio about it too! I'd love to see people boosting the forums especially whwn people are enthusiastic about it like that member who made a thread recently wanting to boost the lp section :3 so nice to see!

I feel maybe it might also be beeficial to hav a community events subsection that has mod approved threads only would be cool and i had contemplated mentioning it before but figured i may as well say it here!!

Back