• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
It certainly is more interesting than any other pokemon based on inanimate objects caused its an object commonly seen in alot of Fantasy and RPG games(which Pokemon is). Animate swords aren't quite Farfetch'd as countless games featured swords that apparantly have their own souls...hmmm, now why does that seem familiar...

Spoiler:

Yes, The Soul series can be seen as one of the games with swords that have their own life(Soulcalibur itself and it's opposite Soul Edge, for those who don't know the series.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I never thought the day that a Ghost/Steel Pokemon to be introduced would actually happen. I was expecting a possessed suit of armor, but a possessed sword looks just as cool, IMO.

Years
This Pokemon looks really interesting I have to say, and that type combo it has gives it quite a few resistances and 3 immunities as well. Gotta love that!

I could definitely see it being this generation's answer to Trubbish or Vanillite, a Pokemon based on an inanimate object. Hoping for the English name to be leaked soon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It would sense that they would reveal such a Pokemon in Paris, because Europe is enriched with its medieval history, but wouldn't it make more sense if it was Fairy/Steel, since according to fairytales, enchanted swords were forged by Fairy magic. If this sword has levitate as an ability, then it's definitely going to be a permanent resident of the OU metagame.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I like the design and the typing and i'm hoping that it will evolve into a possessed suit of armor. Based on typing alone this thing would fit nicely on a rain team since its only weakness would be halved.

STARMAN15

The Mage of the Group
Years
I want to see more of it, but right now all I can think of is "IT'S A HEARTLESS! KILL IT!" I'm expecting it to be more of a pokemon along the lines of Chandelure as opposed to Vanillite/Trubbish. I expect that it will evolve in some form or fashion for the same reasons stated above.

Years
Wow, I actually think this one looks cool! Though I'd never thought we'd see Pokémon modeled after weapons :p I wonder if there's gonna be any use of a trainer wielding it like an actual shield or something along those lines...

Years
It feels weird to me because a sword is supposed to move when it's in use. So when it attacks, will it making a slashing movement? Because the whole body of Monorpale moving in such an unconventional fashion is just very jarring. And it would also be weird if Monorpale just levitated during its attacks, a sword is a dynamic object so we would expect it to move. Kind of a dilemma in how to animate it I think.

Also, those of you predicting a ghost suit of armour evolution are on the right track. I think the name is a portmanteu of mono- (for one) and vorpal (a name for a sword that has really placed itself into fantasy). So perhaps its next evolution would involve more than one "unit".

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
It doesn't look so bad. I kind of like it.
When I first saw it, I didn't even know what to think about it. But I warmed up to it really quickly. And its typing is great!
I might have one in my team.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
In Pokemon Adventures Manga, Charmeleon cuts Koga's Arbok in Half with his tail. Just imagine the damage a sword pokemon would do!

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
My awesome team will be Sylveon, Gogoat, Xerneas, Talonflame, the final form of Froakie, and this guy or its fully evolved form

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
In Pokemon Adventures Manga, Charmeleon cuts Koga's Arbok in Half with his tail. Just imagine the damage a sword pokemon would do!

I should really start checking out the pokemon manga soon.

It sounds like Monorpale will be a menace in the manga.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
At first, I was like "...What?" Then I started to think about it, and when I saw the picture of the sword unsheathed, I was like "This is the best Pokemon of this Gen. Hands down." Steel/Ghost is a pretty awesome type as well.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I'm weird so I like things like this. I think it looks pretty BA, even if it just a sword. The typing rocks by the way. If it has levitate it will only have one weakness which is always a plus(and it's not x4 weakness!)

Back