• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favourite Anime Battle?

What's Your Favourite Pokemon Battle İn Anime?

• Ash Vs Paul Sinnoh League Battle

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Ash Vs Gary Johto League Battle

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ash Vs Harrison Johto League Battle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ash Vs Cameron Unova League Battle

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ash Vs Elesa Gym Battle

• Ash Vs Drake Orange League Battle

• Ash VS Brandon Battle Frontier

• Ash Vs Morrison Hoenn League Battle

• Ash Vs Katie Hoenn League Battle

• Ash Vs Tyson Hoenn League Final Battle

• Ash Vs Paul Lake Acuity Battle

• Mewtwo Vs Giovanni Full Battle

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Hello guys I'm new join Pokecommunity actually I'm join approximate one year ago but I guess this is my first post. My favourite best battle Ash Vs Paul in Sinnoh League. What's your favourite battles? I find a helper youtube channel about this post here is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAdQ7hjbZOfcnslT1emwctg

mod edit: url removed due to linking to long clips

Last edited:

Anime Sucks

I have to agree about Ash vs Paul. You could see a lot of effort was put into making that battle as entertaining as possible.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Satoshi vs. Shinji, DP186-188 - Easily the anime's best battle. Three episodes, back-and-forth, full six-on-six, and a variety of different strategies and abilities showcased; the culmination of a rivalry built up for four years and the result of what both characters had learned about each other in that time. I love contrasting the Goukazaru-Elekible sequence (complete with Takeshi's narration) in DP188 with the first meeting between Satoshi and Shinji in DP003, and seeing how far the two of them had come since then in regards to how they now respect each other. And five years later, there still hasn't been a moment in the anime anywhere near as badass as Goukazaru activating Blaze and defeating Elekible, Shinji's signature Pokémon, in the climax with Type: Wild playing in the background. Not to mention other things like: Shinji's Dorapion being a total monster and wiping out Satoshi's Bouysel, Mukuhawk, and Dodaitose in a single sweep; Goukazaru setting an entire field on fire to destroy Toxic Spikes; Pikachu and Yukimenoko battling it out in the fog; Glion finally taking down Dorapion with the techniques the Air Battle Master taught it; the DP003 callback in the Pikachu-Elekible battle, where Shinji turns one of Satoshi's strategies against him. Just great scene after great scene, with excellent character moments for Satoshi and Shinji both, and a spectacular climax.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
I'm a little confused why Ash vs. Elesa is a poll option lmao... was that a sick joke?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
I'm added elesa battle option because I'm love elesa :) this isn't kidding this is personal.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
The final battle between Ash vs Paul. That one was probably the best. Granted the other battles weren't that bad either but the Ash vs Paul just seemed more epic and more hyped compared to the others.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
yes exactly ash vs paul sinnoh league best battle ever for me !! but maybe we can see more good battle than ash vs paul sinnoh league battle in Kalos League!!

Years
The Ash vs. Paul three-parter in the Sinnoh League quarter-finals. It literally went down to the wire, until Infernape's Blaze triggered and managed to land Ash an epic win. You have to admit Paul's Electivire proved itself why it was the biggest menace of his team and I was really on the edge watching those episodes.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
actually Ash Vs Gary Johto League battle too not bad maybe i can change my idea because i very love Charizard :) I want to see again Charizard in Ash's side.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Here are some of the best I remember from watching more than 90% of all the anime episodes.

Indigo League
Metapod vs. Metapod (for the comedic aspect)
Ash vs. Jeanette (Muk being the ultmate troll)

Orange Islands
Ash vs. Cissy
Ash vs. Drake

Johto League
Ash vs. Falkner
Ash vs. Gary
Ash vs. Harrison
But overall, Johto sucked. Even through my nostalgia glasses I still lose interest. It's the only series where I can't remember what happened in the majority of episodes.

Hoenn League
Ash vs. Tate and Liza
Ash vs. Juan
Ash vs. Tyson

Battle Frontier
Charizard vs. Articuno
Sceptile vs. Blaziken

Sinnoh League
A lot of contest battles because of the CGI graphics, especially Wallace Cup and the Grand Festival
Ash vs. Paul, Lake Acuity
Ash vs. Nando
Ash vs. Conway
Ash vs. Paul
Ash vs. Tobias
This was the best anime series. Ash being competent, contests done right, lots of characters, interesting landscape, etc.

Unova League
A few club battles but even that's a stretch.

Decolore Islands
Why does this even exist?

Kalos League
You watch it for the beauty that is the Kalos region, not because Ash is any good.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Here are some of the best I remember from watching more than 90% of all the anime episodes.

Indigo League
Metapod vs. Metapod (for the comedic aspect)
Ash vs. Jeanette (Muk being the ultmate troll)

Orange Islands
Ash vs. Cissy
Ash vs. Drake

Johto League
Ash vs. Falkner
Ash vs. Gary
Ash vs. Harrison
But overall, Johto sucked. Even through my nostalgia glasses I still lose interest. It's the only series where I can't remember what happened in the majority of episodes.

Hoenn League
Ash vs. Tate and Liza
Ash vs. Juan
Ash vs. Tyson

Battle Frontier
Charizard vs. Articuno
Sceptile vs. Blaziken

Sinnoh League
A lot of contest battles because of the CGI graphics, especially Wallace Cup and the Grand Festival
Ash vs. Paul, Lake Acuity
Ash vs. Nando
Ash vs. Conway
Ash vs. Paul
Ash vs. Tobias
This was the best anime series. Ash being competent, contests done right, lots of characters, interesting landscape, etc.

Unova League
A few club battles but even that's a stretch.

Decolore Islands
Why does this even exist?

Kalos League
You watch it for the beauty that is the Kalos region, not because Ash is any good.

Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League was kinda good but it wasn't greatest battle of the anime, if i remember correctly the greatest battle of the anime is Ash vs Gary and while the Johto anime wasn't perfect it was still a whole lot more better then what came after it. The Sinnoh anime was never consider to be the best anime of the entire series. But overall, Sinnoh did sucked.

Paul was nothng more but a one note rival and that was about it, but his Pokemon were really good. Gary was the best rival this anime ever did have.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
i have to go with Ash vs Gary simply because of the Charizard vs. Blastoise portion, it was the moment we had all been waiting for when Ash had finally beaten his longtime rival. It was also the classic fire type overcome its disadvantage due to hard work and determination which was so admirable.
His battle with Paul was also pretty cool especially since Ash stuck with the team that got him to the league in the first place and had previously gotten torched by Paul last time they battled, that was extremely admirable and made the viewing and end result that much more satisfying.

But dang, that Charizard vs Blastoise battle {:3}

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Satoshi vs. Shigeru was a good battle, but I feel like so much of it flew by just for the purpose of getting to the Lizardon-Kamex climax, with most of the other Pokémon not getting more than one or two hits in before being knocked out. With Satoshi and Shinji, the action was more spread out. Even taking out the Goukazaru-Elekible climax, you have things like Dorapion destroying three of Satoshi's Pokémon in a row, Goukazaru blowing up the field to destroy Toxic Spikes, Pikachu vs. Yukimenoko, and Glion finally taking Dorapion out. That said, I loved how Satoshi defeated his longtime rival with the same Pokémon that cost him his first Pokémon League. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was a really nice way of connecting the Kanto and Jouto Leagues.

Back