• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Journey of Two Worlds

Novarin

The Satirical Dictator Pokemon
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2015
Well, this is the first thing I've submitted to this site, but definitely not my first fanfic. Trust me, none of you want to see that. But I hope you'll enjoy this, even if it's short. But longer chapters are on the way, I promise.

His body was pelted from every angle, by increasingly larger weights. He couldn't think of anything but escaping this hell. Every breath brought its own pain with it, as if he was trying to breath in rocks. He couldn't even open his eyes without being blinded in the next instant. I have to get out! Where's the exit? He was frantic. Even without his sight, he clawed at his surroundings, searching for an opening wide enough to fit through. He could tell his finger nails were broken by then.

A deafening roar broke through the crashing around him. He flinched, just before something large crashed into his hands, flattening them with a resounding crunch. A scream escaped his throat, only to be drowned out by the crashing around him.

The black and read energy swept toward him, causing everything it hit to become cold and grey. Nothing was exempt. His eyes went wide as he tried to scramble backward. Find somewhere to hide, get away, anything but this. In his hurry, he tripped over a rock, crashing to the ground. His heart skipped a beat as the wave passed over him.

Every part of his body went cold instantly. It was if he'd been dropped into the North Pole after a warm bath. It wasn't long before all feeling left his toes, spreading all the way up to his head. The only thing he could feel was his heart beating in his chest. flew into a frenzy before slowing down dramatically. It was all he could do to stare up at the once-blue sky, stained black by smoke and fire.

"Hey! Are you okay? Come on, wake up!"

Tony was shocked awake by something shaking his body. And even then, it took his brain a while to catch up. Everything was... fuzzy. he couldn't make sense of anything. Just a voice. After a moment, he couldn't help but groan and open his eyes. It was then that the finally shaking stopped.

"Ugh... Where am I?"

"Oh, thank Arceus. You're up!" Finally, Tony was able to make out whatever was standing over him. It was a creature he sort of recognized. A tan monkey-like animal with red-orange fur. A chimchar? Yeah, that sounds right.

He took a look at his surroundings. He was lying on the ground, which he guessed explained why every part of his body hurt. It made sense, considering the only features in the earth he could see was hard, sedimentary rock in red and orange layers. In fact, rock seemed to be the only thing for as far as he could see. To be honest, that wasn't far. It was almost as if he was in a pocket in the face of the rock.

"Um, do we know each other?" Tony asked. He was finally able to force out some words. and convince his muscles to work correctly and sit up. He felt like crap. Every part of his body hurt, not to mention that a gigantic headache. He felt like his skull had split open. It was a wonder he was able to focus on anything besides that.

"Well, no. I don't think so," the chimchar answered. "I just found you passed out here and felt like I had to do something. I couldn't really leave you here. Some violent pokémon came by and attacked you?"

Tony's eyes went wide. Who said anything about being attacked? "Attacked? Just where are we?"

The fire-type looked confused. "What do you mean? You're here, so you've got to know, right?"

Tony wracked his brain for an answer, but couldn't find anything but more pain bouncing through his skull. It seemed to be fading at least. "Well, not really. I can't seem to remember."

The chimchar looked confused, but explained anyway. "Well, right now, we're near the bottom of Crag Mountain outside of Civet town. You don't know how you got here at all? It's kind of a long hike."

"I don't really remember much of anything... I think I hit my head or something…"

"You don't remember anything?" Suddenly, the pokémon looked very worried. "That means you have amnesia! And if you do, that's a serious medical issue! We have to get back to Civet Town fast!" Without another word, the chimchar grabbed Tony's arm and lifted him up. In the action, Tony got a glimpse of his arm. Covered in black fur, but with small white spots dotted here and there. Now that he thought about it, hehad no idea what he actually looked like.

He also finally got a look at his surroundings. The two of them were surrounded by reddish rock, most of it scaling higher up at steep angles. Tony figured it would be difficult to stray from the path, which at least meant it would be hard to get lost. In the distance, he could just make out a mountain peak piercing the clouds.

"Hey, um, can you tell me what I look like?" He asked upon reaching a fork in the road. There was a sign pointing down the right path that read "Obscured Cavern". The chimchar skidded to a stop and turned back to face him.

The chimchar stared at him, aghast. "You don't even remember what you look like? This is worse than I thought! Please tell me you at least remember your own name!"

"It's Tony… I think. Or maybe Anthony..."

He sighed, visibly relaxing "Well, at least you've still got that. Sort of. I'm Ken, by the way. And you look like an average pancham really. Just with a bunch of spots in your fur."

A pancham? He got the image in his head, a small, bear-like pokémon with white and black fur. That sounded sort of right. Kind of. Familiar at least.

"Well anyway, we might have to take the shortcut," Ken continued. "It'll take way too long to make it down to town otherwise." He hesitated, ruuning a hand through the fur on the top of his head.. "You can fight, right? Like, you're not too young? Not that you look like a little kid or anything... Not really..."

Tony's took a step back, surprised. "Fight? What are you talking about?" He chose to ignore the "kid" comment. For now.

"Look, I'm sorry to force this on you and everything, but we're going to have to go through Obscured Cavern to reach the town fast enough to get any treatment for you."

"But I feel fi-"

"And it won't be too dangerous. There's just a bunch of zubat in there. They're pretty weak, to be honest. But as long as you stick behind me, you should be fine. I can protect both of us."

"I really don't think any of this is necessary."

"Seriously, we need to hurry!" He ran ahead, taking the path on the right. "What are you waiting for? Hurry up!"

After a moment, Tony followed. He figured this was probably the best option for now. He just hoped being able to fight was a "muscle memory" sort of thing.

Last edited:

Novarin

The Satirical Dictator Pokemon
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2015
Eventually, Tony was dragged along to the entrance of a cave. There really was no arguing with that Ken guy. He seemed a little worked up over the whole thing. He just wouldn't listen, no matter how much Tony insisted he was just fine.

It wasn't long before Tony learned exactly why it was called Obscured Cavern. Even standing in front of it, he could see that it was dark in there. As dark as the distortion world. How are people supposed to travel through there?

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Tony asked apprehensively.

"Look, I've thought this through, and I really think this is the best option. Even pokemon He grabbed Tony's arm once again and dragged him into the cave entrance. Expecting near total darkness, he began to prepare to tread carefully. But he soon realized why Ken wasn't very worried about traversing through here. He had a fire for a tail! It cast enough light to see quite comfortably, just not very far ahead.

Once he got over the realization, something else hit him. It felt... weird in here. Like, the air was different or something. To him anyway, They were in a cave of course, but this was something else. Something unnatural.

Tony rubbed his arm, attempting to rid himself of a strange... tingling. "Are you getting a weird feeling in here? It feels... off."

"Oh, I guess I should have told you," Ken replied. He was carefully treading around the larger rocks at their feet, and sticking close to the wall. "This isn't really a normal cave. It's a mystery dungeon." Suddenly, the sound of a high pitched shriek hit Tony's ears. He recoiled in shock, looking toward the source in unison with his fiery companion.

Charging down the cave path was a swarm of blue and purple. It took a while, but Tony was eventually able to tell that they were zubat. Ken wasn't kidding when he said the cave was filled with them!

"Oh man! I thought we'd have more time before they showed up!" Ken cried. In an instant, he was on the ground. His hands covered his head to shield himself.

After a moment, Tony followed his advice. It wasn't long before the swarm was upon them. Every second, he'd feel something brush against him. Sometimes it was a leathery wing. Others, a thin leg. All he could hear were high pitched cries and flapping wings. But eventually, it was over and they were free to stand up.

Unfortunately, two of the bat pokémon decided to stay back from their pack. And from the looks of it, they were hostile.

"So, remember that thing about fighting I mentioned?" Ken whispered. He sounded much more confident than before. Gone was the hesitation hidden behind urgency. "You do know how to, right?"

Tony looked away for a moment. "I'm not... entirely sure that I don't."

"Well you're a Fighting Type, so try punching and kicking. It should kick in eventually."

"Was that a pun?"

"No, but it should have been."

They didn't have a chance to continue their conversation after that, because the duo of zubats moved forward to attack. The first went straight for Ken. It opened its mouth wide and let out a sharp cry. Oddly enough, a series of rings came out with the sound. The floated straight toward him at a high speed. He jumped out of the way just in time.

"Oh man, that was close!" Ken remarked. He then held out his hands in front of him. "Scratch!" He leapt forward. Long, glowing claws sprouted from his fingers. He raked his claws against the bat's body. It crashed to the ground with a thud. But there was no time to celebrate. The other zubat was on the move.

"Look out!" Tony whipped around. The remaining zubat was right beside him! He'd been too focused on watching Ken to notice. Unlike Ken, he was unable to avoid the strange rings that the bat produced.

The rings collided with Tony's head. They came with a series of disorienting blasts of sound. Almost immediately, the Pancham's head felt clouded. He couldn't think straight. Everything around him was out of focus. The ground was on a weird tilt, and everything he saw was blurry. He was even completely off balance. "What's... happeni-" That was all he could manage to get out.

"-h no! Y... confu... Can't help!" He couldn't make out much whatever Ken was saying. He was even more confused than when he woke up earlier. All he could make out was Ken moving toward him. He seemed to be running forward and backward at the same time though. No, it was too confusing. Tony spun around to face the zubat again. However, there was more than one. Three blue bats flew before him. Their flapping wings only made things worse for the Pancham. When did they...? Tony figured it was about time he tried fighting back. Ken couldn't take them all on alone.

Tony readied a fist. As if instinct had taken over, he felt a strange power well up within it. One that urged him to use it. "Arm Thrust!" He dashed forward His palm was wide open and glowing with white energy.

...And he then immediately tripped over a rock. He slid against the cold stone on his face for a good foot. Well, there goes my pride...

After a moment, he managed to pick himself up and face the zubats again. Only to immediately felt a sharp pain in his side. Soon, he felt weak at the knees. It was as if a load of energy had been sucked out of his body. Fortunately, the pain brought him back to reality. He snapped back to the real world in an instant. Everything snapped back into place. He could then see that two of the zubat were just hallucinations. There was just one in front of him. The one that had just bitten him and sucked out his energy. And he was mad.

Before the other pokémon could do anything, Tony rushed forward. There was only one thought in his mind: Tackle. It was the one move he knew he could pull off. It was a good thing the bat hadn't had time to get away since its last attack. He felt his body collide with the zubat. A second later, it was sent flyng backward. It smashed into into the rock wall. "Ember!" And then, a flurry of small flames rushed past Tony. and collided with the bat. It lie there, unmoving.

Tony was alarmed. "Did- did we kill them?"

"No, they're just knocked out." Ken replied calmly. He tried to sound tough, but it was obvious to Tony that he was a little uncomfortable. "They won't be bothering us again at least."

"Well, shouldn't we at least help them or something?"

"No, the rest of them will be back soon. And I don't want to be around when that happens. Come on, we can't be that far from the exit."

Half an hour, ten zubat, and three roggenrola later, the two still had still failed to find an exit. The only thing they could find was a random flight of rock stairs leading downward, some berries, and some coins. All of which was placed in the bag Ken had given Tony to hold. Tony wasn't sure why, but it was a nice distraction from the monotony of the cave that seemed to go on forever. It wasn't long before Tony started asking questions.

"So you mentioned that this was some sort of..." he prompted as they walked down the stairs.

"A mystery dungeon," Ken explained. His tail fire cast shadows along the stone walls. "They're like distortions in space, more or less. Ordinary places got turned into these, weird dungeons that change every time you enter. Most of the pokémon in them might as well be feral; they won't listen to reason, hence all of those pokémon that attacked us earlier."

"So, what you're saying is, random caves and forests and stuff got turned into dungeons full of random stairs and crazy pokémon? How did that happen?"

"No one's really sure. They appeared for the first time years ago, but more pop up every once in a while only to die down in the next year or so. But at least it's created a new sort of business."

"And that would be?"

Even in the flickering light, Tony could see a sort of wistful look come over the Chimchar's face. "Rescue Teams. They're like the adventurers of the world. They go into mystery dungeons and explore, finding new things and making new discoveries. And they save people who get lost in them."

"They sound pretty cool."

Ken nodded. "There's actually a guild for them in Civet Town. Practically everyone wants to join, but there's sort of a high standard, since Rescue Teams need to be tough. The best most people can manage is an apprenticeship for a few years."

Finally, they reached the bottom of the flight of stairs. Surprisingly, there was just a straight hallway in their path. "Hey, I think we're almost out!" Ken exclaimed. With renewed vigor, the duo raced ahead, eager to finally make it back into the light. It was only a few seconds before they could see daylight ahead.

"Man that took forev-oof!" Before he even knew what was happening, Tony was struck in the gut and sent tumbling backward. In that instant, he dropped the bag.

"Tony!" He heard Ken shout. "Tony looked up, seeing a bluish-black pokémon bouncing his bag slightly in its large claws. Three red feathers made a fake tail, while a fourth replaced the pokémon's right ear. The Sneasel had an impish grin on its face.

"Not much, but I can deal with it. Thanks for the loot. Ciao!" The Sneasel turned heel to make a run for it. A huge grin decorated his face all the while. However, he was soon struck with a familiar attack. Small embers collided with the pokémon's back. He lost his balance and fell forward, landing flat on his face..

Tony picked himself up and saw Ken standing next to him, fists clenched. "Oh no you don't! That's our stuff; we gathered it ourselves. Get your own!" Tony was impressed. He didn't expect the Chimchar to get so mad.

The Sneasel stood up and dropped their bag at his side, dusting himself off afterward. "Wow, you're pretty upset, huh? Well, what are you gonna do about it? Come at me!"

To be honest, Tony didn't think this was too good of an idea. After all, he didn't want to get scratched by those claws. But it was his only option. And he thought he at leasst deserved some compensation for running through this cave.

"I don't think this will be too hard," Ken whispered. "He's a dark and ice type, we've got the advantage."

Suddenly, the Sneasel laughed. "You don't think I can hear kids you over there? Don't worry about me. I can handle myself just fine." With that, he reached into his own bag tied to his shoulders and pulled out a small orb the size of a baseball. It was blue with a glowing core. Even from his position, Tony could tell that the small object held great power. Holding it up, he faced Tony and the orb began to shine. Before he knew it, Tony was getting blasted with an intense force.

Tony tried to hold his ground, but the force was too strong. In seconds, he was flung off his feet. He flew backward quickly. Soon enough, he was slammed into a nearby wall with a loud smack. "Ow... what was that?"

"It's a blowback orb!" Ken shouted back. "It'll launch you back far!"

The Sneasel snickered. "And there's more where that came from!"

Ken shook his head. "This is ridiculous. Take this! Ember!" He took in a deep breath before breathing out hard. Out came a flurry of embers. They raced toward their icy opponent. However, the Sneasel didn't look at all worried about the flames racing toward him. Instead, he reached into his bag. In a second, he had pulled out a small, red seed. He popped it into his mouth and chewed for a moment.

Almost instantly, a roaring fire came barreling out of the Sneasel's mouth. It completely enveloped Ken's comparatively meager embers. The flames even stretched far enough to lick at Ken's alarmed face. Luckily, he was relatively unharmed. Just knocked on his ass.

Did he just breathe fire? Tony thought in utter shock. How is that even possible? However, he was able to shake it off quickly enough. He'd been through a strange enough day already. And this was the perfect chance. He stood up and began creeping around the Sneasel until he was behind him, and made his move.

Ken groaned. "You had a blast seed? How much stuff is in that bag?"

"Ooh, spicy," the Sneasel remarked. "Wow, you guys are pathetic. Now, how about I finish you both off?" He turned his head to look at where Tony was. Obviously, the Pancham wasn't there any longer. He took a step back in surprise. "Wait, where'd the other guy go?"

"Right here!" Tony said. "Arm Thrust!" Once more, Tony managed to collect power in his arm. The limb became cloaked in white energy. The Sneasel whipped around just in time for Tony's outstretched arm to collide with his stomach. In quick succession, two more powerful hits came into contact with him. With a sharp cry, he was knocked onto the ground.

Immediately, Ken was there to finish the job. "Ember!" He fired off several blasts of small embers into the Sneasel's face. He once again cried out in pain. After that, he didn't move other than the steady rise and fall of his chest.

"Did we win?" Tony asked. His heart was still pounding in his chest. None of the pokémon they'd fought before had been that strong.

Ken sighed in relief. "I think so."

"Yeah right!" The Sneasel suddenly said. Both pokémon looked forward in shock. The Sneasel was just fine! Other than a few scratches and bruises, he looked as if he was still up to fight. However, Tony could detect some uneasiness in his voice. Is he nervous?

"Well, sorry to fight and run, but I should get going. Ciao!" With that, he grabbed one final orb from his bag. He held it high in the air. A yellow light enveloped the pokémon, then was gone in a flash. Only the bag he had stolen from the two was left behind.

Ken walked over and picked it up. "Well, at least he left this behind, right?" He said with a chuckle.

"Ken, is that you?" The two turned toward the exit at the sound of the voice, somewhat expecting another enemy. But from the looks of things, it wasn't. Running into the cave was a Pichu, headed straight for the Chimchar. She barreled into him, sending him sprawling on the ground.

"Oof! Stone? Oh man, I think I just cut my arm. Gotta wash that soon..."

Ignoring what Ken had just said, the Pichu, apparently named Stone, continued on. "I've been looking all over for you! Why are you up here anyway? There's a wanted criminal out here!"

"I'm fine! Well, except for this cut..." He managed to push her off and stand up. "I was planning to go around the cave, actually. But stuff happened and... Well, this happened." He then pointed over to Tony, who had spent the last few seconds standing awkwardly to the side. "Stone, this is Tony. Tony, Stone. Well, her name's really Annaleise."

She seemed to clam up upon noticing there was someone else there. "Oh, um, hi, Tony."

He waved a little. "Hey."

Ken suddenly snapped to attention. "Oh right. We really need to get back to town! Who knows how much worse you got after getting thrown into a wall like that!" With that, he grabbed an arm of both the Pancham and Pichu, and bolted out of the cave and into the sunlight. Neither had a chance to say anything.

As you probably noticed, two new characters showed up in this chapter. The first was that Sneasel, a character made by Miniman03. The other is Annaleise, from life among the dead.

Back