• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
With only a couple more things to do for the battle aspect, it comes time to look for bug testers. There may be some moves that don't work properly, or typos somewhere, etc.

Some moves? When I did everything based on the stuff on here, almost none of the moves work, old and new.
I wish I could post a screenshot but the website won't allow me to.
"some of them have the wrong type listed, most of them have either the wrong PP or displays no PP at all and every move shows 3 random letters instead of a description"

Years
Some moves? When I did everything based on the stuff on here, almost none of the moves work, old and new.
I wish I could post a screenshot but the website won't allow me to.
"some of them have the wrong type listed, most of them have either the wrong PP or displays no PP at all and every move shows 3 random letters instead of a description"

Well, for starters, you probably messed up something in some instructions because I had no trouble with most of it.

But, more importantly, the majority of these moves and things have not and will not be posted here on their own, but just included in the whole pack. Reason being I didn't just add a few things in, but a good deal of things have been completely rewritten. Move ordering, the physical move processing to allow pokemon to shift their order (Me First, Quash, etc), inserting Mold Breaker is a pain (you have to add checks for it in like 30 places), and a bunch of other things. Not to mention the tutorials would be written with a specific version of Essentials in mind. I'd rather just provide a completely working version, instead of making individual posts for each ability, move, and mechanic change. Simply because people will undoubtedly have too much trouble importing all the things into their project. Current implementation of the beta is over, UI pack is being made, as well as looking into possibly adding other features.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Well, for starters, you probably messed up something in some instructions because I had no trouble with most of it.

But, more importantly, the majority of these moves and things have not and will not be posted here on their own, but just included in the whole pack. Reason being I didn't just add a few things in, but a good deal of things have been completely rewritten. Move ordering, the physical move processing to allow pokemon to shift their order (Me First, Quash, etc), inserting Mold Breaker is a pain (you have to add checks for it in like 30 places), and a bunch of other things. Not to mention the tutorials would be written with a specific version of Essentials in mind. I'd rather just provide a completely working version, instead of making individual posts for each ability, move, and mechanic change. Simply because people will undoubtedly have too much trouble importing all the things into their project. Current implementation of the beta is over, UI pack is being made, as well as looking into possibly adding other features.

Instructions? I didn't know there were any, I was just sorta winging it.
Where can I find the instructions?

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
"Winging it" in coding is the best thing I've heard all month.

And good luck mej, can't wait for this.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
The pack is not out yet. Any instructions are for specific moves or abilities, and not done by me. "Winging it" often does not work in coding.

Any word on when the pack will be coming out?
Also, I know quite a bit about coding. I've worked in RPG Maker VX Ace since 2012 and RPG Maker XP for about a year now.
While working with the Pokemon Essentials is still a bit new to me, I "vaugely" know what I'm doing. I managed to fix both of the original problems I had by tinkering with the scripts.

"Winging it" in coding is the best thing I've heard all month.

No need to insult me, dude.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
If someone is interested. I tested myself Gale Wings code and didn't work. I made one myself, less failsafe and more cod-ish.

pri+=1 if @battlers.hasWorkingAbility(:GALEWINGS) &&
@choices[2].type==2 <-----2 means flying

EDIT:
The abilities that convert normal-type moves to x-type didn't work so I made my versión. It Works well, but if you try to hit a Ghost, for some reason the immunity check comes first and still considers the move to be Normal-type. The base damage calculation does work, had to set it to basedmg*4 just to see if it worked.

if type==0 && attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:IONIZE) <----------- type==0 means normal
type=getConst(PBTypes,:ELECTRIC) || 0
basedmg=(basedmg*1.3).floor
end

It is weird, since Water-type and Ground-type pokémon are weak and immune to Normal-type moves from a pokémon with Ionize ability respectively. :s Any ideas of why the "original" immunuty comes first? In the games, Hyper Voice + Pixilate does hit Ghosts.

Last edited:
Years
If someone is interested. I tested myself Gale Wings code and didn't work. I made one myself, less failsafe and more cod-ish.

pri+=1 if @battlers.hasWorkingAbility(:GALEWINGS) &&
@choices[2].type==2 <-----2 means flying

EDIT:
The abilities that convert normal-type moves to x-type didn't work so I made my versión. It Works well, but if you try to hit a Ghost, for some reason the immunity check comes first and still considers the move to be Normal-type. The base damage calculation does work, had to set it to basedmg*4 just to see if it worked.

if type==0 && attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:IONIZE) <----------- type==0 means normal
type=getConst(PBTypes,:ELECTRIC) || 0
basedmg=(basedmg*1.3).floor
end

It is weird, since Water-type and Ground-type pokémon are weak and immune to Normal-type moves from a pokémon with Ionize ability respectively. :s Any ideas of why the "original" immunuty comes first? In the games, Hyper Voice + Pixilate does hit Ghosts.

Type effectiveness is first checked in def pbSuccessCheck(thismove,user,target,accuracy=true)
Don't worry, I've fixed this already.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
In script PokeBattle_Move
The abilitiy Pixiliate, refrigerate and aerilate are placed so
Uk8IHEE

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2022
Theres a new pack being developed by the amazing Mej71. He's making it such that you can move all your game's maps over, and its almost like a fully Gen 6 Version of Essentials.

Right, sorry, that's the one I was referring to

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Every time I try to make it save the game, it says "Save Failed".

Changing back to the 15.1 script fixes it, if that's any help.

Years
Every time I try to make it save the game, it says "Save Failed".

Changing back to the 15.1 script fixes it, if that's any help.

Next time please tell me which version you're using (with or without Luka's Battle System), because there maybe be some edits that were done to one but not the other. This was that case. See the main post for a Scripts patch. Thank you for reporting this!

Back