• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I have a feeling that it's really only going to be the last person Ash faces that is going to have a mega re: the league. That said, it's not as if he needs a Pokemon like Goodra in order to counter that. I mean, what if that mega ends up being a fairy then Goodra isn't much of a good choice in the end.

Goodra might be leaving but it's not the end of the world for Ash's team. I wish people would understand this already.
We do but it's like this: would you rather frogadier and goodra against a mega or goodra as backup and one mega for ash against it.

I'm starting to believe the writers are intentionally trying not to give Ash a Mega just for the sake of giving him constant "underdog" status. It is a mystery, but what's also curious is that with Goodra likely to leave his team in coming episodes, that he'll still be without a full team and there's not many Kalos Pokemon he'll have a chance to get due to most lines already being owned by important characters and the writers most of the time try to not give him a Pokemon that someone else has as their main.

I really hope he gets his Grass-type eventually because it'll be weird if XY becomes the first regional saga where he doesn't get a Grass-type from the featured region.
I think ash will harness megas before the league after the last gym and use it as a last resort. And he should get phantump.

Its has nothing to do with Ash being a loser !
Its about Ash always letting go his Good Pokemon while his sidekicks get Near-legendary Pokemon that they keep with them forever ! Even during their new journey.
By the way , Ash has ''Loser'' title branded in his head since BW Series ! Acting a little smart and Jumping of a building won't change that.
All other Shouene Kids Protagonist won their main Tournament and reach world-class level While Ash is still trying to reach regional Level.
He probably the most weakest , pathetic and failed Kids Anime Protagonist.

And I don't give a dam care about some stupid , weak and Pathetic Woopers that Too Coward to fight for themselves and prefer hide behind a Goodra to let it do all the fighting for them.
Every Pokemon/Animal get attack in Jungle , However they learn fight for themselves and adept. That the rule of Jungle.
If ash start leaving his Pokemon to protect every little wild Pokemon then he will not have any Pokemon left.
The reason Goomy became Goodra because it found the courage to fight for itself and his friend from Ash & Co ! So Now it just show how ungrateful Godra is for leaving Ash & co like that.
Can you please for once calm down. Your way to harsh and that grammar is horrible. Let the writters do their job.

Years
I kinda wanted goodra to stick around because I thought it was cute but now I want him to release it just to annoy Famon.

Given the release of the latest Japanese episode titles it appears likely Goodra will be released, but I still wonder if it'll be a permanent one or it may return for the league a la Gliscor.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Yeah I don't get why do people keep bitching about Goodra leaving Ash's team (if it leaves). Slightly off-topic, but Greninja and Talonflame are much better both in-game and competitively, while Hawlucha was banned from UU for a reason, and is better in OU than Goodra.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
We do but it's like this: would you rather frogadier and goodra against a mega or goodra as backup and one mega for ash against it.
Honestly? Neither since who knows if he'll even be getting Goodra back if Goodra is leaving to protect his home. Which, unlike Famon, I don't find to be ungrateful at all. He's likely really grateful, and knowing Ash if it's the case he'll be telling Goodra to go and protect his friends. Because that is the kind of person Ash is. And I feel like several people are forgetting who Ash is as a character in this thread, haha.

But otherwise I would prefer the former (two non-mega Pokemon) against a Mega. Because unless he brings back Charizard again he doesn't and wouldn't have a bond strong enough for mega by the time he reaches the league at this point. At least not on the levels that they have shown it should be, like with Diantha, Korrina, etc.

Frogadier, Fletchinder, and Hawlucha are all good Pokemon. Even more so if the former two evolve. Goodra might be a 'psuedo-legendary' sure, but honestly I think people are getting their heads wrapped around that a bit too much. :/

Reactions: Z25

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Let me see if I can add my two cents to this, hopefully in a way that doesn't sound like the mad ranting of someone who's way too invested in this anime:

As a general fan of the Pokémon itself, it's disappointing seeing Numelgon go because its arc was enjoyable and I hate to see it come of an end. Of course, Numelgon leaving Satoshi is obviously going to be treated as the best decision for either of them to make as far the show itself is concerned. And there is always the possibility of Numelgon coming back for the League.

But as someone who is a fan of Satoshi, and enjoys watching him with strong Pokémon, it's also disappointing to yet again see Satoshi have to let go of a powerhouse. I felt the same way when Lizardon went. There was something immensely satisfying about watching him defeat Tierno in a battle where the latter was never once in any kind of control because Numelgon was just so much stronger than Kameil or Raichu.

I agree with Sora in saying that Satoshi is weak because Numelgon is leaving is an extreme overreaction. Pikachu defeated a Mega Lucario, Hinoyakoma beat its evolved form, Gekogashira managed to take out two Pokémon in a Grass-type Gym battle (Luchabull is the clear weak link of this team, though). His other Pokèmon are clearly good, but they'll never be seen as dominating as Numelgon was in the last episode.

It's obvious that the writers never intended for Numelgon to remain with Satoshi for long, which is why it evolved so fast. But it becomes even more frustrating when you realize that this kind of thing only happens to Satoshi. Again, Citron will keep his fully-evolved, powerful Rentorar. Satoshi, meanwhile, has had to let go of what's clearly his strongest Pokémon so far this series not too long after getting it. It just sucks to see, as a fan.

This isn't something that makes me particularly angry or anything (nor should it, it's just a show), but I get at least some of the disappointment.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I think ash will harness megas before the league after the last gym and use it as a last resort. And he should get phantump.

Can you please for once calm down. Your way to harsh and that grammar is horrible. Let the writters do their job.

Just like Writer do their Job during Unova League.
Ohh , Nobody expect Ash to lose so Badly in Unova League So lets gave him a humiliating defeat ! It would be new & Unique.
Here is a Unique Idea , Ash dies and travel to next region as a Zombie ! Nobody can expect that.
Obviously , Pokemon isn't written by anyone who knows what they are doing .

Just think , Sooner or later Iris will appear and rub her Dragonite on our face! Chances are that her Gible might have evolve So their 2 mega powerful Pokemon she keep for Free while Ash is not allow to keep Goodra for 5 episode.

Why does Ash has to be one following rule ? Why does Iris & Dawn get to keep near-legendary Pokemon like Dragonite & Togekiss huh? If Goodra is Soooooo powerful for Ash to keep then why others undeserving character are allow to catch & keep Pokemon.
What type of Pathetic Gymleader and Rival Ash going to face that can't even take on a Goodra ???
If Others character had to follow the same rule then I would understand.
But After Iris get a freaking Dragonite for Free and she get to keep it with her Then all the reason for Ash to dump Goodra become null.
Its like XY Series becoming more BW Series where all the Good thing reserve for Ash's sidekick and rival while Ash's job is watch their success.
Even BW Series would have been a decent series if it didn't treat Ash like a crap !

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
Just like Writer do their Job during Unova League.
Ohh , Nobody expect Ash to lose so Badly in Unova League So lets gave him a humiliating defeat ! It would be new & Unique.
Here is a Unique Idea , Ash dies and travel to next region as a Zombie ! Nobody can expect that.
Obviously , Pokemon isn't written by anyone who knows what they are doing .
wtf r u on about?
1) the writers did do their job in the unova league, which was writing the episode, if they didn't do their job then no episode would have been written? :-}
2) wtf
3) wtf

Just think , Sooner or later Iris will appear and rub her Dragonite on our face! Chances are that her Gible might have evolve So their 2 mega powerful Pokemon she keep for Free while Ash is not allow to keep Goodra for 5 episode.
Good. Iris is probably one of my favorite characters, and I loved when she got Dragonite. I'd be even happier if Gible had evolved into Garchomp.

Why does Ash has to be one following rule ? Why does Iris & Dawn get to keep near-legendary Pokemon like Dragonite & Togekiss huh? If Goodra is Soooooo powerful for Ash to keep then why others undeserving character are allow to catch & keep Pokemon.
b/cos dawn and iris aren't ash????????????????????????????????????????????????? if. ash. was. a. character. who. would. only. appear. for. the. series. then. he'd. get. to. keep. goodra. It's all part of characterization and flow.

What type of Pathetic Gymleader and Rival Ash going to face that can't even take on a Goodra ???
If Others character had to follow the same rule then I would understand.
But After Iris get a freaking Dragonite for Free and she get to keep it with her Then all the reason for Ash to dump Goodra become null.
Its like XY Series becoming more BW Series where all the Good thing reserve for Ash's sidekick and rival while Ash's job is watch their success.
Even BW Series would have been a decent series if it didn't treat Ash like a crap !
what rules? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
sorry i wasn't aware the anime had a strict line of rules that they had to follow????????????????
Iris got a "free" dragonite, get over it, seriously. If you are unable to understand how important Dragonite was to Iris' storyline, and also that it wasn't "free" (i mean it didn't even fucking listen to her) then sdksdhkfsd like please just stop bitching about Dragonite every single post... It made perfect sense for Iris to get Dragonite ffs.
You know Ash's character by now. He'll do anything possible to help Pokemon - just like how he released his Pidgeot, left Charizard/Glisgor in training, and whatever else I cbf to bring up for the sake of trying to make you shut up. Ash "releasing" Goodra isn't anything he hasn't done before. And tbh, I don't really like the idea of Ash having Goodra anyway. I like to see Ash as an underdog, and Goodra kinda ruins that image for me (either way tho, I'm not overly bothered by Ash having Goodra). I like seeing Ash have derpy Pokemon which manage to take down ubers, that's enjoyable to me. but i dont come in here constantly posting
"OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR ASH GET TO CATCH GOODRA!!!!!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T CILAN GET TO CATCH A PSEUDO LEGENDARY POKEMON THIS SO UNFAIR FUCK THE WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over and over and over like a broken record...

we've seen time and time again that just because a Pokemon is powerful in game, doesn't mean it's powerful in the anime. With anime physics, a Buneary can be as powerful as Mewtwo... Just because Ash has Goodra doesn't make him powerful

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
By the way , You said in your earlier Post that you just trying to annoy me So doesn't that mean that you simply flamebetting ?

wtf r u on about?
1) the writers did do their job in the unova league, which was writing the episode, if they didn't do their job then no episode would have been written? :-}
2) wtf
3) wtf

If they didn't write the episode then the Producer would pay someone else to write the episode.
And he probably do a better Job then those idiot .
After all , Even A Doujin writer knows how to write a Proper league with better development and Gag then the Pokemon Anime Writer does !
Proof : Pokemon DJ Festival of King !

Good. Iris is probably one of my favorite characters, and I loved when she got Dragonite. I'd be even happier if Gible had evolved into Garchomp.
And now She's the most less-liked traveling Companion mainly thanks to Her Dragonite and her catharses.
what rules? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
sorry i wasn't aware the anime had a strict line of rules that they had to follow????????????????
What rule !!!
The Rule that say Ash must dump all his Good & Powerful Pokemon and watch other character getting Super powerful Pokemon for Free!

Iris got a "free" dragonite, get over it, seriously. If you are unable to understand how important Dragonite was to Iris' storyline, and also that it wasn't "free" (i mean it didn't even psyducking listen to her) then sdksdhkfsd like please just stop rattataing about Dragonite every single post... It made perfect sense for Iris to get Dragonite ffs.
Whats Importance ???
Are all the ordinary Dragon Pokemon are Dead that Iris has to catch the Most OP non-legendary Pokemon for Free ?That Dragonite didn't serve any purpose .
Iris's Dragonite is nothing more then a shortcut and excuse to skip her Development ! The Idiot writers didn't know how to develop a Character So they turn Iris into a mind-reading Trainer that has a Dragonite.
Even Iris from PokeSpe is 100 time better then Anime Iris and Kusaka didn't need to give her any Superpower or Dragonite to his version of Iris to make her better.
If Ash has to release Goodra because its ''Too Strong'' then that rule apply to Iris . Just because she is your favorite character doesn't mean she can get everything for free.

"OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR ASH GET TO CATCH GOODRA!!!!!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T CILAN GET TO CATCH A PSEUDO LEGENDARY POKEMON THIS SO UNFAIR PSYDUCK THE WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over and
Why Does a Connoisseur like Clian need a Pseudo-legendary Pokemon ? That fact that he was Ash's traveling companion should be more then enough for him.
If he wasn't Ash's traveling companion then he would be nothing more then a One-shot Gymleader that Ash met during his journey.
Plus , Clian got much better treatment then Ash ever got ! He was treated like the World strongest Connoisseur who crash every single Connoisseur in his path . There haven't been a single Connoisseur in the series that could match up to him.
Don't believe me ? Name One Connoisseur that Outmatched Cilan !
He like a E4 for connoisseur ! Even the Battle frontier Conquer and Orange League winner Ash didn't receive that much glorified treatment.
You know Ash's character by now. He'll do anything possible to help Pokemon
That because he's the main Protagonist and Selflessness is one of his job requirement.
It such a common trait among Protagonist that now most Fans start to like Selfish and perverted Protagonist.
So , Just because Ash has to be Selfless doesn't mean he has to start leave behind his Good Pokemon to protect some weakling that are ''Too Spoiled'' to fight for themself.

Iris got a "free" dragonite, get over it, seriously.
I WILL NOT GET OVER IT !
Unless , Ash catch and Keep a Pokemon at the same level as Dragonite.
In other word , A Pokemon that equally rare , Mystical , Near-legendary and OP as Dragonite.
As long as Ash doesn't get a Pokemon like that for free , I will not get over it.
And If Someone else get OP Pokemon for Free , Then I will rant about them.
You know Ash's character by now. He'll do anything possible to help Pokemon - just like how he released his Pidgeot, left Charizard/Glisgor in training, and whatever else I cbf to bring up for the sake of trying to make you shut up. Ash "releasing" Goodra isn't anything he hasn't done before. And tbh, I don't really like the idea of Ash having Goodra anyway. I like to see Ash as an underdog, and Goodra kinda ruins that image for me (either way tho, I'm not overly bothered by Ash having Goodra). I like seeing Ash have derpy Pokemon which manage to take down ubers, that's enjoyable to me. but i dont come in here constantly posting
over and over like a broken record...
"OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR ASH GET TO CATCH GOODRA!!!!!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T CILAN GET TO CATCH A PSEUDO LEGENDARY POKEMON THIS SO UNFAIR PSYDUCK THE WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over and
we've seen time and time again that just because a Pokemon is powerful in game, doesn't mean it's powerful in the anime. With anime physics, a Buneary can be as powerful as Mewtwo... Just because Ash has Goodra doesn't make him powerful
Didn't I already said that My anger with Goodra leaving has nothing to do with Ash being weak ?
I'm angry because that Ash has to dump another Good Pokemon When other character doesn't has to go though this !
If Clemont or Serena caught Goodra that it didn't had to leave even if those Stupid wooper dies without him.
But Just Because Goodra is Ash's Pokemon , he has to release it .
That burn me off .
Pokemon is Monster collecting Genre !
And when you start Collect something , your will not be satisfy with Common or Ordinary ! You would want the rare and uncommon .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'd like to see Serena bond with and catch a Noibat. I could maybe see her being afraid of it first, but then something happens and brings them closer to where Serena decides to catch it. I could also see it happening maybe around Iris' guest appearance, which could be cool.
Also I would love to see it evolve into Noivern with it becoming disobedient for a while with an arc revolving around it.

I don't think its a good idea for her to have Noivern when Ash has to release his Goodra.
I would prefer if Serena catchs a Really Funny Slowpoke ! That type of Character Kids Anime need and Serena has plenty of space in her roster for Gag pokemon like that.
Too bad , If Ash caught a Lucario then it could make a nice couple with Braxian !
Since both of them are bipedal Kaine Pokemon.
Unless off course Writer planning to bring Another ''Drew'' with A Lucario who like to tease Serena and argue with her And eventually will steal her from Ash.
Knowing the Pokemon Anime writers , Its totally Possible .
They probably thinking ''Nobody expect anyone to steal Serena away from Ash after she shown such a canonize crush So let bring a new character that will steal Serena away from Ash ! This way Our story would be Soooooo Unpredictable and unique''
I already seen enough Shoujo Anime with heroin having crush on One guy But choosing another guy instate.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I'm angry because that Ash has to dump another Good Pokemon When other character doesn't has to go though this !
If Clemont or Serena caught Goodra that it didn't had to leave even if those Stupid wooper dies without him.
But Just Because Goodra is Ash's Pokemon , he has to release it .
That burn me off .
Pokemon is Monster collecting Genre !
And when you start Collect something , your will not be satisfy with Common or Ordinary ! You would want the rare and uncommon .

Goodra being 'good' is subjective, plus Ash doesn't have to get only rare pokemon. He's a trainer foremost not just a collector like Lawrence III.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
For the last time, chill famon! Why they truly screw up, you can say all you want. Let's not critize them to the end.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As others have said, there is no reason to get so upset with a show you have no control over. If you don't like, just stop watching it and free us from your rants that go on and on AND ON about the same dang thing. We know what you think. You don't have to write a wall of text every single time someone does not agree with you.

Not to mention it is extremely hard to compere pokemon to other animes. As pokemon is unique. Maybe he will get another dragon type? Nothing is really stopping him from getting older pokemon. Especially now that Goodra is possibly leaving.

Maybe he will get a Flygon? Maybe a Shelgon? Maybe bring Gible back? Maybe a Larvitar? We don't know what is going to happen. Anything is possible in the XY anime as they have broken almost every single pattern they have been following. So far the only main one not broken is a pokemon evolving when it beats its evolved form, and currently, that seems like it will be broken as well because Flechinder came in so early.

We could have another large arc between gyms like they did in Johto with the Whirl Islands. And this could be a reason for Ash to possibly bring older pokemon back.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
There is a Snorlax in that movie short and it did appear with the cast's Pokemon along with Noibat and Torchic, so maybe Ash will bring back a Snorlax for said arc?
I also think Noibat may either go to Serena or James.
Jessie's Pumpkaboo seems to be evolving into Gorgeist in some way.
And I think Torchic may either go to Clemont/Bonnie or Serena.

I think clemont gets noibat, and serena torchic or bonnie as serena doesn't really need another fire type. It would be a good arc if serena helped bonnie raise her new torchic to be stronger. I also think snorlax is ash's. It be great to see it back!

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
Famon, I'm pretty sure there is no rule that says that ash can't keep good or powerful pokemon. Who ever confirmed Ash is releasing Goodra? If I'm far behind and this was confirmed, please tell me. Also, this isn't an normal anime, it is targeted towards kids, I highly doubt there would be a relationship between a Lucario and a Braixen, also, I don't think Drew "stole" May from Ash, I didn't see any romantic relationship between them at all. The anime wouldn't be as good with a perverted or selfish protagonist. Ash is supposed to kind of be a role model for kids. Also, it seems you're just hating on any character that has better Pokemon than Ash, but, Ash also has some good Pokemon, such as Krookodile, though they aren't Pseudo Legendaries like Goodra. Also, it would make sense for Goodra to not leave, but be kept in the hands of a better trainer. Probably to be called upon at any time, such as the case with Charizard when he stayed in Charific Valley. Goodra is Ash's first fully evolved Dragon pokemon, it would make sense, Ash isn't really trained in Dragon types. Maybe the reason that Ash never wins a league is because if he does, the journey would be over. If think about it, Ash may keep travelling to different regions to hone his skills, if he were to win, that would signify that he has matured into a Pokemon Master, and thus, he would probably retire. If you look from Ash's perspective too, why would he want to leave defenseless, weak Wooper to die? Leaving one Pokemon to protect more lives seems reasonable, wouldn't Ash not be liked as much by younger viewers if he willingly let weak Pokemon die just so he can have a good Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I think clemont gets noibat, and serena torchic or bonnie as serena doesn't really need another fire type. It would be a good arc if serena helped bonnie raise her new torchic to be stronger. I also think snorlax is ash's. It be great to see it back!

I don't think that either Serena or Bonnie get to have a Torchic for several reasons:
1. Serena already has a fire type starter.
2. May, as a leading companion girl, already had one.
3. Bonnie can't have her own Pokemon yet since she's too young and due to that the Dedenne she always takes care of is her brother's.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't think that either Serena or Bonnie get to have a Torchic for several reasons:
1. Serena already has a fire type starter.
2. May, as a leading companion girl, already had one.
3. Bonnie can't have her own Pokemon yet since she's too young and due to that the Dedenne she always takes care of is her brother's.
I did mention it wasn't likely due to your first two points. Howeverthe thrid point I could go either way on. She doesn't have to use torchic if it is hers. Clemont could catch it and then it would live in bonnie's purse. But we shall see. It be weird to see clemont with it as a main pokemon amd not for bonnie.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
There was a new episode revealed with the broadcasting Pokemon being Noibat (credit and thanks go to Dephender from serebii for posting an episode thread about it.) It seems like Noibat has a good chance of belonging to someone in the group or Team Rocket. I think either Serena or James have the best shot at getting it; I'd rather have Serena get it though since I think she's overdo for catching her 3rd Pokemon imo.
Broadcast data
Thanks for the link. It's interesting that treecko is before it and stary and meowth are after. I wonder what will happen. I think that if jessie is getting pumpkaboo then james should get another pokemon. But I agree that Serena really needs a third team member.

Back