• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Dark Rising 2 (Now Recruiting)

Years
This looks very promising! I can't wait to see what will be produced! A lot of great talent in here, too!
When I get to somewhere with a stable connection, I may apply. The only issue is that I don't have much proof as every time I join a hack it gets forgotten before I even start working on it, luckily it looks like this one will go all the way considering previous success! I'll work on some things and brush the dust off of my ROM Hacking folder. I'll apply when I have some proof that I won't be a let down on the team! :D

Keep up the good work!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
TEAM PLAN FOR THE WEEK AHEAD

Near the end of every week I'll be posting what's ahead for each member of the team individually.

Shubunkus- You'll have time through out next week to insert your scripts into the main Rom.
Jillsandwich93-You've informed me about your hectic week so you're clear for the upcoming week.
Atif-Next week is another week of heavy inserting. So it's a slim chance you'll be required to map. But it's still a possibility.
Zekrom The Hedgehog-Not much work for you at the moment, but when I think of something, I'll notify you right away. We can continue discussing plans for your hack and possibly a double release. ^.^
Aryan143- Once you're done inserting the intro sprites for DR1, you'll be required for a very important sprite along side Kinataki. I'll tell you guys more early this week.
Leafgreen2itsmyidea- A beta of high standard isn't anywhere near ready, but when it is, I hope you're ready. ^.^
Pinkish Purple- You've been assigned 3 jobs. Take your time with each of them.
Kinataki- You'll be required for a very important sprite along side Aryan143. I'll tell you guys more early next week.

Years
Skills:
OW Spriting, scripting, beta testing, story writing and spell checking.

Proof of Work:
The only proof of anything that I have is my OW sprites so that is all I can show.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Availability:
Whenever pretty much; unless I'm ill, or in an area without internet, then I'm available! :D

Are you D.C.I.D.T?: Very much so! :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Skills:
OW Spriting, scripting, beta testing, story writing and spell checking.

Proof of Work:
The only proof of anything that I have is my OW sprites so that is all I can show.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Availability:
Whenever pretty much; unless I'm ill, or in an area without internet, then I'm available! :D

Are you D.C.I.D.T?: Very much so! :D

OW Spriting is exactly what we need right now to take the load off of Pinkish Purple. You're accepted! I'll be PM'ing you shortly on your first assignment.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
How long will recruiting be open? I've taken an interest to Dark Rising, but I haven't beaten it yet. If I end up loving the game, I'd be honored to help develop this sequel, but I don't know how long it will take me to beat the game.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
How long will recruiting be open? I've taken an interest to Dark Rising, but I haven't beaten it yet. If I end up loving the game, I'd be honored to help develop this sequel, but I don't know how long it will take me to beat the game.

Not too sure. I mean, we have all of the basis covered. We could use a secondary scripter for the week days since Shubunkus can only script on the weeknds. He's doing a great job alone so I kinda don't know if we'll need it or not, but progress may go faster with a week day scripter. So we'll see. Other than that, and a tile inserter, we're good for now.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
ATTENTION EVERYONE

The Dark Rising 2 thread is up in the progression hacks section. If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure too so you can see all of the amazing work and progress we've done so far. Let's complete this hack and make it into something fantastic.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
HEY TEAM

We made some really great progress in the early goings of this week 7 even manage to get the thread up on the community. Not much got done near the end of the week so let's pick things back up starting tomorrow;

Shubunkus- This upcoming weekend you're heavily required to script pass the beginning script of the hack. We must move on now.

Jillsandwich93- You'll be inserting the music into the main Rom. Let me know which days you'll be available Mon-Fri.

Atif- You told me about your exams which is the most understandable reason of you not being able to map. However, you're holding the main Rom so please let me know if you'll have it done by early tomorrow(Monday). If not, I'll make a copy I have the main Rom now so others can work on it and I'll send it to you when you're done with exams. So if you won't be done with the map by tomorrow, Do Not map on the Rom you have until I send you another one.

Zekrom The Hedgehog- Good job on the Hologram sprites. Although most weren't the trainers I wanted, you explained why you couldn't do them and I appreciate it.

Aryan143- In addition to you re-spriting Yveltal to make it look a bit better, I'll be sending requests to your shop of a few more Pokemon sprites we'll be needing for the hack.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea- Nothing to test yet. If you're bored, you can explore other team availabilities until we're ready for you to beta test.

Pinkish Purple- We'll try to squeeze you in this week to add the titlescreen/text boxes. If not, you'll certainly have it next week.

Kinataki- In addition to you spriting Xerneas, I'll be sending requests to your shop of a few more Pokemon sprites we'll be needing for the hack.

Jbsundown- Good job on Benga & Nathan's OWs. This week, I'll be sending you a copy of the Rom which holds all of the pallete tables. You'll be required to make OWs for a few Pokemon this time.

If the schedule I mentioned above for anyone doesn't quite suit you well and gets in the way of your personal schedule, please let me know and I'll gladly change things around. Thanks Everyone! ^.^

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Zekrom The Hedgehog- Good job on the Hologram sprites. Although most weren't the trainers I wanted said:
Just because I sent you the 12 and some sprites to you doesnt mean im done with spriting. I have a few Trainer Sprites we can try out and even some more Holos

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
Hey everybody! I just want to apologize for my recent absence and the delay on the scripts. I have had a lot of things happen lately and haven't had much time to script. This is my first full-fledged ROM hacking team and I am very grateful to be on it but at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I am starting to be encountered by more and more bugs within my scripts and I am trying very hard to fix everything. I just felt that this was a much-needed apology as I feel that I am holding back the team. Everyone seems to be very dedicated and I hope that I seem somewhat dedicated, also. Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll try to start to put my best efforts into this hack.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everybody! I just want to apologize for my recent absence and the delay on the scripts. I have had a lot of things happen lately and haven't had much time to script. This is my first full-fledged ROM hacking team and I am very grateful to be on it but at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I am starting to be encountered by more and more bugs within my scripts and I am trying very hard to fix everything. I just felt that this was a much-needed apology as I feel that I am holding back the team. Everyone seems to be very dedicated and I hope that I seem somewhat dedicated, also. Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll try to start to put my best efforts into this hack.

Don't worry about it Shubunkus, take as much time as you need if you're encountering errors and such. We'll all get through it one step at a time and continue progress.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2021
Skills(Mostly looking for Scripters, Mappers, Inserters): well, I'm spriter, I insert different types of graphs (back sprites, overworld sprites, back ground, ..) and I have a good level of mapper.
Proof of Work: http://foros.nhdex.com/T-Galeria-De-Sprites-Foxz
Availability: I log in every day for 2-4 hours.
Are you D.C.I.D.T.(Devoted, Consistent, Interested, Determined, a Team player): I guess so.

The only problem would be communication, because I speak Spanish, I do not speak English well and I use goggle translator.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Skills(Mostly looking for Scripters, Mappers, Inserters): well, I'm spriter, I insert different types of graphs (back sprites, overworld sprites, back ground, ..) and I have a good level of mapper.
Proof of Work: http://foros.nhdex.com/T-Galeria-De-Sprites-Foxz
Availability: I log in every day for 2-4 hours.
Are you D.C.I.D.T.(Devoted, Consistent, Interested, Determined, a Team player): I guess so.

The only problem would be communication, because I speak Spanish, I do not speak English well and I use goggle translator.

You've been accepted but now this makes it Official lol. Welcome to the team!

cheeseguy12

Just A Beast
Years
Hey DRG I Know You Already have a beta tester
But
Skill Beta Tester
Proof:All I really need to do is take pictures and play that ain't so hard

Avalible Pacific Time Zone
Mon-Fri school 3:00-11:00 pm
Sat-Sun Probaly
All day

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey DRG I Know You Already have a beta tester
But
Skill Beta Tester
Proof:All I really need to do is take pictures and play that ain't so hard

Avalible Pacific Time Zone
Mon-Fri school 3:00-11:00 pm
Sat-Sun Probaly
All day

Hey Cheese, sorries but we're pretty stacked right now. You can be a substitute beta tester if we need another or if someone isn't able when it's time to beta test. So I'll keep you in mind. ^.^

WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS

Hey everyone. Instead of writing everyone's name into the weekly assignments, I'll only post those of you who will be doing work this week. If your name isn't mentioned, you're free this week.

Pinkish Purple- You currently have the main Rom & expected to complete the title screen & textboxes if you can.

Shubunkus- I'm glad you're coming back Tuesday & you'll receive the main Rom when Pinkish Purple is Done inserting the title screen.

Kinataki- How's the special sprite request coming along? Also check your shop as I've sent a basic Pokemon request there as well.

Atif/Jbundown- Let me know when you guys are available again.

ALSO

If any of you have an idea of a Special Character to appear in the hack & want to see the specific person in it, please go to the DR2 Thread & read my Urgent Post there, then fill out the form. Thanks!

Back