• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCard Lounge

Should M-EX's system be implimented everywhere custom art is available for request?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Yay! Someone who agrees with me! Excellent!

Hmm...You have lots of good points there, but the example you are showing looks a lot like all the other designs out there. I see you changed the font and added a cool glow around the pokemon, but it still looks standard IMO.

Also, for anyone who is sick of cropping tons of sprites by hand for use in pin-up boxes, I have a solution. Presenting the "Pin-up Sprite Maker", a small program that takes a GIF containing all the sprites to be edited, and spits out ready-to-be-used Pin-up sprites! All you do is place the program and the GIF (called "sprite.gif") in a folder, run the program, and read the directions. Extremely simple! I suggest Right Clicking on the sprite, hitting Move, then using the Spacebar to save and advance through the images. Makes the process take about 3 seconds.

Two versions are attached. The first produces bordered sprites at 50x34 and the second produces unbordered at 48x32.

Last edited:
Years
Here's some more cards I made

pokecard7vi.png
small5pu.png

How can I make these better(Ignore the badge behind the icon, I just stuck it there)?

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
I finished all the cards for my Leaf Green team. They're right here v
scardlv439ys.png
scardlv433yp.png
scardlv458pm.png

scardlv454wh.png
scardlv433qd.png
scardlv458xf.png

I animated them in my sig too. Tell my what you think about them. I also was considering to make a request thread for them. Do you think I shoud?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Conman: Nice designs with good formatting. One problem I see is that there isn't enough contrast between the text and the bubble (No, Type, OT, IDNo, NATURE) especially in the Snorlax one. You may want to either darken the text bubbles or darken the text itself. You do have enough color schemes to make a thread, so if you feel up to it, go ahead. It does take quite a bit of time to keep it running tho.

GS135790: Nifty. For the large one you may want to try to squeeze in a box for the trainer name. The small one is ok as it is.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
mewtwo-EX said:
Yay! Someone who agrees with me! Excellent!

Hmm...You have lots of good points there, but the example you are showing looks a lot like all the other designs out there. I see you changed the font and added a cool glow around the pokemon, but it still looks standard IMO.
~Yes, some of the members here do like origionallity~
I know my example TC looks kinda standard. I'm trying to fix it up, but I don't have any fresh ideas. That's the reason I asked for suggestions...

blanX

I'm Content With Losing
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2007
made a trainer card myself.. can't post images at the moment so.. it's in my sig. i didn't really like the idea of pokes being trapped in a box (XD) but i have a couple more. the alakaz in this one is supposed to be "coming out" of the box and not, well missing an ear. hehe. made one of kakashi, and one of myself.. to be posted later

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I was trying to make my last template a little bit better (and more custom) but I stumbled upon a newer idea. This TC is ENTIRELY custom (except for the PokeSprites):
KWTCani.gif

(Tell me what you think of it)
I may fix up a blank and make it availiable in the TC Supplies...

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Ooo...very nice. I especially like the background. I like the semi-transparent pin-up boxes and trainer background, but the border doesn't look too good IMO. Maybe you could extend the background and make the border semi-transparent as well (not very much, maybe <25%). Just an idea.

krow

Helping To Fight For Darkness
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jul 21, 2008
Rayquaza95 said:
can i use the stuff in the supply thread
thanks in advance
I reckon anyone can use what is in the supplies as long as credit is given...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
i LOVE yours Kougawolf, its all.. sparkly! 8D
and kiarou, nice custom made sprite there! n_n hes cool (and arcanine >:E <3 yay arcanine!)

trentscardmoving.gif

i trued to make a sorta orginalish one.... but im sure its probably been done before somewhere, i know theres a lot wrong with it, and the actual trainers page is kinda blank... but anyway, suggestions/crits/comments will be greatly appreciated!

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Years
Hello everybody !
I have seen the supplies thread, i find it wonderful. I'd like to show it on other sites/forums but i'd need to translate it in french. Of course I would give credit.
I thought it was better to ask permission before...

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Ze_Gobou: I'm fairly sure you could post the supplies from the supplies thread elsewhere, but as you said, make sure to post a link back to the Community.

Trainer Zepher: You can display cards in your signature. Please check my TCard FAQ (linked in sig) for easy info on how to do this.

Years
Will someone help me in my T-card shop? I need someone to make things transparent, and to animate cards.

Also, can anyone think of a good use for this space(The one with the ruby):
tc69is.png
?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2006
does anyone know how to make background images transparent (by transparent i mean like some kind of faded effect)

Years
Its good, but you should make the words non-transparent. White would look better.

gs135790 said:
Will someone help me in my T-card shop? I need someone to make things transparent, and to animate cards.
Still looking for help^

gs135790 said:
Also, can anyone think of a good use for this space(The one with the ruby):
tc69is.png
?
No one has any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back