• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The American Politics Discussion Thread

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
If we are hedging bets, then why don't they deny insurance to those in the military or those living in high crime area's?

You have here, two groups of people that are both great risks to insurance companies. The military more so, since a lot of them end up getting limbs blown off.

Edit - About Obama and gun control, this is the NRA's fault. When he got elected, they all cried 'all weapons gonna get banned, all weapons gonna get banned!'. And guess what, he didn't in that term. I'm expecting the NRA to do this again.

Our troops have health care coverage from the government, through the VA, and many of those who live high crime areas also do, through Medicaid.

I'm against all forms of gun control, including a ban on assault weapons.

droomph

weeb
Years
no they DO want more gun regulation dont belive check the national gun society site
Can you please support your claim with evidence? As far as I know they don't want to. Show me a first-or-secondhand source of that claim.

Our troops have health care coverage from the government, through the VA, and many of those who live high crime areas also do, through Medicaid.

What would a normal civilian need an assault rifle for? Kill zombies?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Explain to us what use a civilian would have for a fully automatic m16 or ak-47.

Also, does this include bans on the accessories/addons/attachments for the guns? And ammo types?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Insurance is all about hedging risks. A person with pre-existing conditions is a greater risk to health insurance companies, so it makes sense for them to treat them differently.

See this is where we come to what's right on a human level. To me, at the heart of things, it's just wrong for a person to have a history of an illness that they no longer have and be unable to get insurance without making massive sacrifices, when they are at no higher risk than anyone else. It's wrong for someone who is ill to age out of their parent's insurance and be unable to get any other insurance because of their illness. And it's wrong for people to have to go without healthcare because insurance is at a rate they can't afford while still surviving, and healthcare costs would drive them into debt.

In my mind, the right of a person not to spend an affordable amount on insurance (note that Obamacare gives coupons to people who are up to 400% of the poverty level to make sure that people who have to make choices between survival and insurance won't have to make that choice) does not trump the right of a person to decent medical care without having to make a choice between survival and medicine.

I don't care what the Constitution says on this. I don't care what dry laws don't account for human sympathy. I care what's right, and that's why, unless there's a viable alternative that is better than Obamacare, I will continue to support it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm 100% with you on that stance*

*if zombies are real and starting to invade

My results told me that I should run for president because I would ensure world peace. But my views are totally against the results.

Funny thing though, regular assault weapons because of their size, weight, and the fact that they literally piss ammo, would be ineffective.

Shotguns, despite their size and weight, would be better because of the shot spread while pistols would be best overall due to their small size, minimal weight, and small size of ammo.

While the assault rifles superior penetation is useful, a bullet to the head will kill a zombie even if its just to the head, or through the head. Basically, the only plus for a assault weapon is pointless against zombies.

If you really want something automatic, you'd be better off with a submachine gun, because of its smaller size and weight.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What would a normal civilian need an assault rifle for? Kill zombies?

Explain to us what use a civilian would have for a fully automatic m16 or ak-47.

Also, does this include bans on the accessories/addons/attachments for the guns? And ammo types?

I'm 100% with you on that stance*

*if zombies are real and starting to invade

The purpose of the Second Amendment is for the people to be able to overthrow the government, and handguns just don't cut it for that task.

See this is where we come to what's right on a human level. To me, at the heart of things, it's just wrong for a person to have a history of an illness that they no longer have and be unable to get insurance without making massive sacrifices, when they are at no higher risk than anyone else. It's wrong for someone who is ill to age out of their parent's insurance and be unable to get any other insurance because of their illness. And it's wrong for people to have to go without healthcare because insurance is at a rate they can't afford while still surviving, and healthcare costs would drive them into debt.

In my mind, the right of a person not to spend an affordable amount on insurance (note that Obamacare gives coupons to people who are up to 400% of the poverty level to make sure that people who have to make choices between survival and insurance won't have to make that choice) does not trump the right of a person to decent medical care without having to make a choice between survival and medicine.

I don't care what the Constitution says on this. I don't care what dry laws don't account for human sympathy. I care what's right, and that's why, unless there's a viable alternative that is better than Obamacare, I will continue to support it.

We seem to have a disagreement on what a "right" is. I don't believe that people have a right to any goods or services.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
That sounds an awful lot like treason to me.

Because they obviously had automatic and semi-automatic assault rifles back in 1789.

When the government becomes tyrannical, then they (the politicians) are the ones who are treasonous to our Constitution, and must be replaced by any means necessary.

The government has more advanced weapons than they did 1789, so the people should as well.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
@Freaky:

It seems you misunderstand my post entirely. I would rather people not die and not have to make choices between medicine and survival than people save some money every month by choosing not to buy insurance. That's the gist of it. It has nothing to do with the definition of a right, if you didn't get that from that whole last paragraph. When you use laws and definitions to justify why people should be barred from having affordable medical insurance so they have no choice but to ignore serious medical issues or bury themselves in debt, the laws and definitions are wrong.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The purpose of the Second Amendment is for the people to be able to overthrow the government, and handguns just don't cut it for that task.

I see your Assault Rifles and raise you a Tank Batallion, a Sniper Squad, and a dozen Drones.

Do you honestly think that automatic weapons will be able to take down a Tank? No, it can't. The bullets will bounce right off the armor.

You think a automatic weapon will be able to take down a Sniper? Someone who can kill you from a mile or two away? You'd have to get the drop on a sniper, otherwise your going to hear a noise, and suddenly wonder why you have a hole in your chest.

Automatic weapons against a Drone? Do you really think that the bullets will be effective against how far up the drone is? Not the mention, long range missiles.

Automatic weapons might have cut it a few decades back, but if you really want to have firepower to overthrow the government then your going to need missile launchers, sniper rifles, tanks, jets, warships (Preferably ones that can take out Carriers), anti-missile defensive systems, SAM launchers, and a entire list of other crap.

But please, go ahead. Walk up the that tank and unload a couple of clips. Who knows, the crew might die from laughter. (Although, they are much more likely to roll over you.)

Years
When the government becomes tyrannical, then they (the politicians) are the ones who are treasonous to our Constitution, and must be replaced by any means necessary.

The government has more advanced weapons than they did 1789, so the people should as well.

Enjoy your prison term then.

The people already have a weapon. Over a hundred million Americans used it last Tuesday at polling stations all over the country.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
<post that again and I will>

And for someone who talks about the Middle East, you certainly are behind on the news about it.

I am not behind the ongoing conflicts in the middle east, I read the world news everyday, in fact I read today Israel fired warning shots into Syria because a mortar came onto their soil near a military post.. <snip>

Also the problems with most ppl is that their spoiled they get one scrape they are calling for a bandaid... They need money they ask their mommy. You guys really don't see how irrelevant this whole topic is. And half of you discussing the Gun Control crap most of you haven't seen a gun in real life, most of you will never need to own a gun and the rest will never shoot a gun, so what does it matter what they do about guns? Thats another problem and it comes down to being spoiled, you want things you don't even need....

Here is my parting TIP to you who insist on debating and trying to discuss something that no matter how much you discuss it doesnt matter.. Just cause someone said they would do something doesn't make it true, I could say I will jump to the moon, we all know that aint happening..

Last edited by a moderator:

droomph

weeb
Years
form earlier found a non bias comparison http://2012-presidential-candidates...7/Barack-Obama-vs-Mitt-Romney-vs-Gary-Johnson on 2nd amendment i believe unless your mentally unfit you should be allowed a gun the argueemnt they be less guns violence without guns is like say theirs less fist fight with out hands

Obama (in website): Legalize Medical Marijuana
Obama (on picture): Imprison everybody and charge with federal crime

Romney (website): Outlaw Medical Marijuana
Romney (picture): Imprison everybody and charge with federal crime

Johnson (website): Legalize Medical Marijuana
Johnson (picture): I'LL DO ANYTHING TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

Let's just take that example. 1) It doesnt address gun control stances, and 2) If that picture doesnt correlate with this fact, most likely all the other ones are wrong. Need more examples? Just compare them yourself. That picture is complete ********. It's propoganda.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When you try to condense a candidate's thoughts on an issue to a soundbite for an image, they usually are pretty ********. Images are snappy and rile people up but they're rarely accurate.

droomph

weeb
Years
I am not behind the ongoing conflicts in the middle east, I read the world news everyday, in fact I read today Israel fired warning shots into Syria because a mortar came onto their soil near a military post.. Its people like you who need to catch up to reality.. I'm not discussing politics with a bunch of kids who quote crap they herd on TV, half of you dont even know whats really going..

Also the problems with most ppl is that their spoiled they get one scrape they are calling for a bandaid... They need money they ask their mommy. You guys really don't see how irrelevant this whole topic is. And half of you discussing the Gun Control crap most of you haven't seen a gun in real life, most of you will never need to own a gun and the rest will never shoot a gun, so what does it matter what they do about guns? Thats another problem and it comes down to being spoiled, you want things you don't even need....

Here is my parting TIP to you who insist on debating and trying to discuss something that no matter how much you discuss it doesnt matter.. Just cause someone said they would do something doesn't make it true, I could say I will jump to the moon, we all know that aint happening..
As someone whose family has gone through a particularly annoying round of bills from a physical injury that happened, I can assure you there are many people who need more than just a band-aid.

I broke my spleen, was bleeding internally, and would have died. "Oh, just rest it off. You don't need a doctor, you pussy."

I had severe depression, and was seriously considering suicide. "Just go outside and play it off

And mine, was just a minor example. There are people with cancer, with terminal illnesses. they need insurance.

As with my stance on gay marriage, if you've never gone to the doctor, you're not entitled to an opinion. At all. You havent experienced a life threatening medical condition, you've never gone to the doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
Obama (in website): Legalize Medical Marijuana
Obama (on picture): Imprison everybody and charge with federal crime

Romney (website): Outlaw Medical Marijuana
Romney (picture): Imprison everybody and charge with federal crime

Johnson (website): Legalize Medical Marijuana
Johnson (picture): I'LL DO ANYTHING TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

Let's just take that example. 1) It doesnt address gun control stances, and 2) If that picture doesnt correlate with this fact, most likely all the other ones are wrong. Need more examples? Just compare them yourself. That picture is complete ********. It's propoganda.
he stated through multiple interviews

droomph

weeb
Years
Again, we want evidence for the other two candidates. Whatever Gary says is cool, how did Romney or Obama really say that all marijuana users should be incriminated?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Enjoy your prison term then.

The people already have a weapon. Over a hundred million Americans used it last Tuesday at polling stations all over the country.

Come, listen to the Prophet and have your eyes opened to how the world works.

Back