• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
EVGastly: +spc.atk -defense
ShinyGastly: +speed -defense

Does nature increase the positive one(like EVGastly -> +spc.atk) on level-up? Or is it like a constant value

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
But does Lostelle have her uncle shown or mentioned in the Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Version?

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
In Pokemon Ruby I finally got to Pacifidlog town and now I don't know where to go *_*
Am I supposed to fight Team Magma somewhere and confront Groudon too?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, there's a big Dive area on the route south of Mossdeep. Dive there and keep going south, and you'll eventually find a cave you can go into and resurface. There will be another cave you have to go through and fight Team Magma. You'll need Strength and Rock Smash down there. This is, of course, assuming you just beat Tate and Liza. If you haven't done that yet, you need to do so before going with what I said, lol. If you don't have Dive, you can get it from Steven in the house above the Pokemon Center in Mossdeep.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
EVGastly: +spc.atk -defense
ShinyGastly: +speed -defense

Does nature increase the positive one(like EVGastly -> +spc.atk) on level-up? Or is it like a constant value

Nature increases the positive stat by 10% and decreases the negative by 10%.

Unfortunately your shiny Gastly has very low IVs and is comparatively weak. Your other Gastly has the chance of being flawless in SP Attack however.

In Pokemon Ruby I finally got to Pacifidlog town and now I don't know where to go *_*
Am I supposed to fight Team Magma somewhere and confront Groudon too?

You need to have Dive and the 7th badge, the dive and find the room with the submarine. Team Magma will be there, defeat them and Groudon will go to Sootopolis City. Catch it or defeat it (you should totally catch it though) and then you can get the 8th badge, go and beat the Champion. And be a happy birdy.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh okay thanks a lot. Btw it's been a while I haven't played Ruby (As you can tell lol). Do I get to encounter a roaming Pokemon in the game or not?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can get Latios in the post game. That's the only roamer though. I'd save my Master Ball for it. ;)

vaporeon7

Years
Yea, that's why I asked x)

I wouldn't wanna waste my Master Ball on a non roaming Pokemon :P

Just keep in mind that due to a glitch, all roaming Pokémon have bad IVs.

The roaming IV glitch is a glitch in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen that causes roaming Pokémon to have extremely low IVs. The glitch is not present in Pokémon Emerald.
In Generation III, the data for a Pokémon's IVs are stored in a 32-bit integer. However, when a roaming Pokémon is captured, only the last eight bits are transferred. While the HP IV is unaffected, the Pokémon can only have a maximum Attack IV of 7. The other IVs will always be 0.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
60% bond in pokemon emerald.

I am trying to evolve a Golbat and i was just wondering what 60% bonding was when you go see the freindship check lady in vanderturf town? It would be awesome if someone knows this.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have no idea what 60% bonding is, but if you're trying to evolve it, the lady should say something like, "It adores you! It can't possibly love you anymore. I even feel happy seeing it." That's max happiness and it should evolve after gaining a level if she says that.

vaporeon7

Years
To evolve Pokémon via happiness you have to get them to a happiness level of 220 or more. One you hit 200-254, the person in Vedanturf will say "It seems to be very happy. It obviously likes you a whole lot."

EV reducing berries can help build up happiness quickly too.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
What do I need to do prior to battling Blaine? I've just arrived on the Island and haven't played the game in a long while.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes. Zigzagoon can SURF. Poochyena can't Surf. I mean come on. A SURFING rodent! Linoone is better though since it can get Strength, and that being said, Linoone is a better HM slave than Mightyena as well. You can give it every HM except Flash, Waterfall, and Dive.

edit: OMG IT CAN'T FLY EITHER LMAO but it can have half the hms not bad right n___n

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back