• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Sandstorm Competitive Team

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
So I've been working on a team that is both balanced and able to deal with the current competitive pokemon gameplay. I've come up with 2 version of a sandstorm team.

Smogon safe:
Tyranitar w/ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EV: Speed, Attack
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch

Hippowdon w/ Assault Vest
Nature: Brave/Adamant
EV: Hp/Attack
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Revenge/Fire Fang (Ice Killer)
Ice Fang/Crunch (Coverage)

Metagross w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EV: HP/Attack
Zen Headbutt
Brick Break
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch

Lucario w/ Air Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid/Modest
EV: Special Attack/Speed
Flash Cannon
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Ferroseed w/ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
EV: HP/Half Defense/Half Special Defense
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Toxic
Power Whip

Empoleon w/ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Bold
Aqua Ring
Scald
Toxic
Ice Beam

Smogon Safe (as far as I can tell) while being fairly strong. However, not everyone plays Smogon rules, thus making this team unable to handle the Uber tier pokemon that might be seen. For that, I have a modified team, but the mod is minor. I swap out a pokemon for Aegislash (Usually Empoleon or Lucario).

Aegislash w/ Iron Ball
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
EV: HP/Special Attack
King's Shield
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon

As many might know, Aegislash hit Ubers, and is kinda mean. Still, I feel I'm missing something. I'd really appreciate some input, especially since I lack experience in the Competitive Play.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Jolly is preferred on Mega Tyranitar so that it outspeeds Greninja post-Dragon Dance, something that Adamant Mega Tyranitar can't do.

Assault Vest Hippowdon is terrible. It seems tempting to patch up its terrible Special Defense with Assault Vest, but you make Hippowdon lose out on reliable recovery in Slack Off and utility options in Stealth Rock, Whirlwind and the like. Without it, Hippowdon gets worn down easily:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Whirlwind/Toxic/Stone Edge
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Smooth Rock

Metagross is too bulky for Focus Sash. And what's a sand offense team without Sand Rush Excadrill? Excadrill is as strong as Metagross, but it gets faster with Sand Rush in effect. Replace Metagross with Excadrill because of that reason:
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin/Swords Dance
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush

That's Ferrothorn you should be using, not its pre-evolution, Ferroseed. Also, Leech Seed does the wearing down of opponents part well enough already, so Ferrothorn should be using:
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Knock Off
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Physically-based Lucario is better because its physical options are generally stronger than its special ones. Also, most of your entire team is weak to Fighting Pokemon, so Pokemon like Breloom and Keldeo are free to come in and sweep you completely. See, not every sand team has to be composed of Ground, Rock and Steel Pokemon, since they stack weaknesses easily. Non-Ground/Rock/Steel Pokemon found in sand teams are Talonflame, (who can deal with the Grass and Fighting Pokemon that Tyranitar and Hippowdon struggle with), Greninja (who can also deal with Skarmory and Therian Landorus while possessing excellent coverage) and Amoonguss (who can deal with Wash Rotom, Breloom and Azumarill). Garchomp is also an option on this kind of team because it likes Excadrill's ability to manhandle almost every Fairy Pokemon available. Apart from Tyranitar, Hippowdon and possibly Ferrothorn, the last 4 or 3 slots should be replaced by any of the Pokemon I mentioned above.

Talonflame:
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-Roost
Item: Life Orb/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings

or
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Tailwind/Roost
Item: Choice Band/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate

or
-Bulk Up
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef

or
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roost
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe

or
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-Natural Gift
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spe
Item: Liechi Berry/Salac Berry

Greninja:
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory
-Dark Pulse/Hidden Power (Fire/Grass)/Grass Knot/Spikes
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Protean

Amoonguss:
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Foul Play/Sludge Bomb
-Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regnerator

Garchomp:
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Swords Dance
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Focus Sash/Rocky Helmet

or
-Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Fire Fang
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

or
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Fire Blast/Dragon Claw
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

or
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Toxic
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin

If you decide to keep Empoleon for whatever reason, here's a better support set and an offensive set below. It's also better specially defensive, as its resistances tend to be special:
-Scald
-Toxic
-Roar/Protect
-Stealth Rock/Defog
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef

or
-Hydro Pump
-Flash Cannon
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Fire)/Ice Beam
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs

Toxic Aegislash generally runs only Shadow Ball as an offensive move, as the utility of Substitute to avoid status and ease prediction for Toxic is too good to pass up:
-Substitute
-Toxic
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
Nature: Modest
EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk (avoids the OHKO from Therian Landorus' Earthquake while in Shield Forme)

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
I meant Ferrothorn. I swear, I put that twice, and kept changing it (why, idk...).

As for Empoleon, I like him as a support tank, but he cannot learn stealth rock or spikes. No entry hazard for him makes it bad to run roar, but protect isn't as reliable, and he cannot learn defog. The moveset I went for allowed the secondary effects to dominate the opponent, providing him steady health regen, and generally being bulky. I thought of a Rest/Chesto Berry combo, instead of Aqua Ring, but that is only good for one reset. It also still leaves the one move available for him to fill. As a special attacker, his options are severely limited, so I chose Ice Beam, due to its great coverage against Ground and Grass, as well as 10% chance of Freeze.

Hippowdon, I was trying to find a good medium for. You did, and I like it, so I might just use yours. I was trying to make it a reliable attacker, but a tanky like that would be far better, especially against attack sweepers that need a set up. Whirlwind resets that, and with stealth rocks, chip damage wear down. Life Orb users and enemy Talonflames hate that big time.

Greninja had always been a possibility, since it can learn Aerial Ace to cover it's own weakness to grass, and also shutting Breloom down hardcore.

As for Sand Rush Excadrill, I hate it. With a passion. Seriously. I don't have a good reason, but I hesitate to run it as a result. I'd much rather avoid it, if possible.

Metagross, yes, focus sash is an extremely bad idea. I was looking for a good item for him, and couldn't come up with one.

Amoongus, I honestly didn't think of him. And your build is good. If I replace Empoleon, he would be my replacement for him.

Garchomp, I hesitated only for the fact that his weaknesses already exist in my other pokemon. If I wasn't running Tyranitar, he would be in. But right now, him and Tyranitar fill the same slow.

Lucario is in there for Special Attack coverage. Physical Attackers are common, but easy to wear down. Choice Scarf was the first choice of item on him, and would make him easily sweep. I lacked that before, and with Ferrothorn and Rough Skin Garchomp in the OU tier, it definitely chunked them with little repercussion. I decided Air Balloon would be a better idea, as Earthquake, being so common, is one of his biggest banes. Amoongus would be the only pokemon in your list that could fix my reliance on the Attack Stat for damage.

Lastly, I wanted to run a Special Attack Aegislash, again because of my Attack reliance. The Toxic was the only thing I could think of that wasn't physical but could do some damage. Maybe I'm thinking too narrow, but I'm still open to suggestion with him.

I appreciate your input, and will take everything into consideration.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I meant Ferrothorn. I swear, I put that twice, and kept changing it (why, idk...).

As for Empoleon, I like him as a support tank, but he cannot learn stealth rock or spikes. No entry hazard for him makes it bad to run roar, but protect isn't as reliable, and he cannot learn defog. The moveset I went for allowed the secondary effects to dominate the opponent, providing him steady health regen, and generally being bulky. I thought of a Rest/Chesto Berry combo, instead of Aqua Ring, but that is only good for one reset. It also still leaves the one move available for him to fill. As a special attacker, his options are severely limited, so I chose Ice Beam, due to its great coverage against Ground and Grass, as well as 10% chance of Freeze.

Hippowdon, I was trying to find a good medium for. You did, and I like it, so I might just use yours. I was trying to make it a reliable attacker, but a tanky like that would be far better, especially against attack sweepers that need a set up. Whirlwind resets that, and with stealth rocks, chip damage wear down. Life Orb users and enemy Talonflames hate that big time.

Greninja had always been a possibility, since it can learn Aerial Ace to cover it's own weakness to grass, and also shutting Breloom down hardcore.

As for Sand Rush Excadrill, I hate it. With a passion. Seriously. I don't have a good reason, but I hesitate to run it as a result. I'd much rather avoid it, if possible.

Metagross, yes, focus sash is an extremely bad idea. I was looking for a good item for him, and couldn't come up with one.

Amoongus, I honestly didn't think of him. And your build is good. If I replace Empoleon, he would be my replacement for him.

Garchomp, I hesitated only for the fact that his weaknesses already exist in my other pokemon. If I wasn't running Tyranitar, he would be in. But right now, him and Tyranitar fill the same slow.

Lucario is in there for Special Attack coverage. Physical Attackers are common, but easy to wear down. Choice Scarf was the first choice of item on him, and would make him easily sweep. I lacked that before, and with Ferrothorn and Rough Skin Garchomp in the OU tier, it definitely chunked them with little repercussion. I decided Air Balloon would be a better idea, as Earthquake, being so common, is one of his biggest banes. Amoongus would be the only pokemon in your list that could fix my reliance on the Attack Stat for damage.

Lastly, I wanted to run a Special Attack Aegislash, again because of my Attack reliance. The Toxic was the only thing I could think of that wasn't physical but could do some damage. Maybe I'm thinking too narrow, but I'm still open to suggestion with him.

I appreciate your input, and will take everything into consideration.
1. Empoleon can learn Stealth Rock either as a Gen IV TM, or a Gen V move tutor in Black 2/White 2.

2. Greninja has a much better option for Grass Pokemon in Ice Beam, as mentioned in the set I posted. Aerial Ace is weak and runs off of its inferior Attack. Only Mega Aerodactyl gets away with using it, since Tough Claws powers it up to usable levels.

3. Why do you hate Sand Rush Excadrill? While it was a pain to deal with in Gen V, due to permanent sandstorm with Sand Stream, it's much more manageable now that Sand Stream got nerfed to last only 5 turns (8 with Smooth Rock attached).

4. Greninja also is a special attacker. If you want a better special attacker over Lucario, use Gengar, as it also helps against the Fighting Pokemon sand teams struggle with:
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Disable/Taunt
EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe

or
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
1. Empoleon can learn Stealth Rock either as a Gen IV TM, or a Gen V move tutor in Black 2/White 2.

2. Greninja has a much better option for Grass Pokemon in Ice Beam, as mentioned in the set I posted. Aerial Ace is weak and runs off of its inferior Attack. Only Mega Aerodactyl gets away with using it, since Tough Claws powers it up to usable levels.

3. Why do you hate Sand Rush Excadrill? While it was a pain to deal with in Gen V, due to permanent sandstorm with Sand Stream, it's much more manageable now that Sand Stream got nerfed to last only 5 turns (8 with Smooth Rock attached).

4. Greninja also is a special attacker. If you want a better special attacker over Lucario, use Gengar, as it also helps against the Fighting Pokemon sand teams struggle with:
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Disable/Taunt
EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe

or
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Due to the ease of hacking in Gen V and earlier, all pokemon are supposed to be bred in Gen VI. I play with those rules, and therefore are locked for Empoleon.

I love Gengar, he is my favorite, and was my first Special Attacker choice. But I didn't think of the Will-o-Wisp moveset, which works far more than the sweeper version I used to beat my game.

Greninja, I had Attack and Special Attack backwards in my mind. But they are very close to each other, so much like Lucario, it's more dependant on what you need, and Special Attack is what I need.

As for Sand Rush Excadrill, I hate it because literally EVERY PERSON I have asked said it is mandatory. I refuse to think that. Stubborn of me, but that's why.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Due to the ease of hacking in Gen V and earlier, all pokemon are supposed to be bred in Gen VI. I play with those rules, and therefore are locked for Empoleon.

I love Gengar, he is my favorite, and was my first Special Attacker choice. But I didn't think of the Will-o-Wisp moveset, which works far more than the sweeper version I used to beat my game.

Greninja, I had Attack and Special Attack backwards in my mind. But they are very close to each other, so much like Lucario, it's more dependant on what you need, and Special Attack is what I need.

As for Sand Rush Excadrill, I hate it because literally EVERY PERSON I have asked said it is mandatory. I refuse to think that. Stubborn of me, but that's why.

There's a hack check in Poke Bank; very few hacks have gone through because of that.

Also, there's a pretty noticeable difference between 95 Attack and 103 Special Attack. Greninja is better at special attacking because its special options have more power and coverage than its physical ones.

While Excadrill tends to be a boring suggestion for sand teams, it's the most practical. Also, if you don't want to use Excadrill, that's fine, but keep in mind that you lose out on a ton of sweeping potential this team has.

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
There's a hack check in Poke Bank; very few hacks have gone through because of that.

Also, there's a pretty noticeable difference between 95 Attack and 103 Special Attack. Greninja is better at special attacking because its special options have more power and coverage than its physical ones.

While Excadrill tends to be a boring suggestion for sand teams, it's the most practical. Also, if you don't want to use Excadrill, that's fine, but keep in mind that you lose out on a ton of sweeping potential this team has.

Pokémon used in the Standard Format must be native to the Kalos region in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. A native Pokémon is a Pokémon that is hatched or caught in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Pokémon that have been transferred to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter are not native.

That's VGC 2014 Rules.
I don't wanna have to worry about that, is all.

And I'd post a link to the site, but I can't until I reach a certain point.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Pokémon used in the Standard Format must be native to the Kalos region in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. A native Pokémon is a Pokémon that is hatched or caught in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Pokémon that have been transferred to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter are not native.

That's VGC 2014 Rules.
I don't wanna have to worry about that, is all.

And I'd post a link to the site, but I can't until I reach a certain point.

All VGC battles are double battles. This team is clearly a singles team, as none of the Pokemon in it are geared for doubles. It should be noted that VGC rules are followed only at official tournaments. If this team is meant to be played for friends and online only you're safe.

In Battle Spot and Wi-Fi battles, Pokemon transfered via Poke Bank are allowed. I had no problems using a Knock Off Bisharp I bred in White 2 in both battling formats.

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
The cleaned up version, so far. All thanks to you, PlatinumDude

Tyranitar w/ Tyranitarite
EV: Speed, Attack
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch

Hippowdon w/ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 SDef
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Slack Off
Whirlwind

Ferrothorn w/ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Power Whip

Greninja w/ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EV: Speed/Special Attack
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Grass Knot

Amoonguss w/ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EV: HP/Half Def/Half Special Defense
Spore
Giga Drain
Foul Play
Sludge Bomb

Excadrill w/Air Balloon
EV: Attack/Speed
Earthquake
Iron Head
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
It's been a while, and I'm liking my team so far. So why am I posting? Cause I found an issue.

I originally said I wanted it gen 6 only. This is because vgc rules state only generation 6 is allowed in , and I want to take this team to tournaments. It's also why I originally asked for smogon safe as well. You never know what some local tournaments run, and I don't wanna be disqualified.

That said, my Excadrill? Iron head is only available generation 5. And thus I lose out, midway through my training, all because I didn't fully double check. So I wanna salvage it and I think I found a way.

Excadrill w/ choice band
Ability: sand rush
Nature: adamant
EV: attack, speed
Earthquake
Rapid spin
Metal claw
Shadow claw

This version still is strong, and though choice band makes rapid spin difficult to use, I think this still allows for the strong anti fairy options, with an additional anti goat option. This kills gengar and rotoms, despite them having levitate. It's not as good of a sweeper, but I think still strong when paired with tyranitar.

I also realized something while my talonflame is either hard to kill, or OHKO'd. At the same , it's good at rushing, and I need it against certain types. I already have a u-turn version, but I was wondering if changing u-turn to will-o-wisp and putting a focus sash on it would work to counter the incoming changes (like enemy tyranitar's) without giving up it's powerhouse approach...suggestions?

And I took amoonguss out, because I couldn't get a regenerator one. Ferrothorn is working in its place. Just so you know

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's been a while, and I'm liking my team so far. So why am I posting? Cause I found an issue.

I originally said I wanted it gen 6 only. This is because vgc rules state only generation 6 is allowed in , and I want to take this team to tournaments. It's also why I originally asked for smogon safe as well. You never know what some local tournaments run, and I don't wanna be disqualified.

That said, my Excadrill? Iron head is only available generation 5. And thus I lose out, midway through my training, all because I didn't fully double check. So I wanna salvage it and I think I found a way.

Excadrill w/ choice band
Ability: sand rush
Nature: adamant
EV: attack, speed
Earthquake
Rapid spin
Metal claw
Shadow claw

This version still is strong, and though choice band makes rapid spin difficult to use, I think this still allows for the strong anti fairy options, with an additional anti goat option. This kills gengar and rotoms, despite them having levitate. It's not as good of a sweeper, but I think still strong when paired with tyranitar.

I also realized something while my talonflame is either hard to kill, or OHKO'd. At the same , it's good at rushing, and I need it against certain types. I already have a u-turn version, but I was wondering if changing u-turn to will-o-wisp and putting a focus sash on it would work to counter the incoming changes (like enemy tyranitar's) without giving up it's powerhouse approach...suggestions?

And I took amoonguss out, because I couldn't get a regenerator one. Ferrothorn is working in its place. Just so you know
Excadrill would rather have Life Orb, or even Air Balloon as its item because it appreciates the freedom of switching moves and being forced to switch tends to eat away sandstorm turns. Sand Rush Excadrill generally stays in battle and sweeps as much as it can before something threatening forces it out. Iron Head is also preferred over Metal Claw, since it's stronger and a 2x super effective Metal Claw does as much as a neutral Earthquake.

Focus Sash isn't worth it on Talonflame since Talonflame can break it with its self-induced recoil, or after a turn of sandstorm. Will-o-Wisp should only be used on defensive Talonflame.

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
Excadrill would rather have Life Orb, or even Air Balloon as its item because it appreciates the freedom of switching moves and being forced to switch tends to eat away sandstorm turns. Sand Rush Excadrill generally stays in battle and sweeps as much as it can before something threatening forces it out. Iron Head is also preferred over Metal Claw, since it's stronger and a 2x super effective Metal Claw does as much as a neutral Earthquake.

Focus Sash isn't worth it on Talonflame since Talonflame can break it with its self-induced recoil, or after a turn of sandstorm. Will-o-Wisp should only be used on defensive Talonflame.

Still aren't listening, but I do get the lock up issue on excadrill. What I'm saying is that I cannot get iron head, due to the gen 6 rule. I know it's not mandatory, but I'm imposing it. That's why I was asking for suggestions

As for will-o-wisp, I only thought about it cause I have issues with certain pokemon running counter and focus sash just to ko a talonflame. Otherwise, just a general anti tyranitar with choice specs, as if he gets the proper setup, he can near ruin me. And my friend runs a baton pass sword dancer, so...It hurts

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Still aren't listening, but I do get the lock up issue on excadrill. What I'm saying is that I cannot get iron head, due to the gen 6 rule. I know it's not mandatory, but I'm imposing it. That's why I was asking for suggestions

As for will-o-wisp, I only thought about it cause I have issues with certain pokemon running counter and focus sash just to ko a talonflame. Otherwise, just a general anti tyranitar with choice specs, as if he gets the proper setup, he can near ruin me. And my friend runs a baton pass sword dancer, so...It hurts

If you can't get Iron Head Excadrill, just make do with Earthquake + Rock Slide:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

I don't get what you're saying about Tyranitar, but if you're thinking about running a Specs variant, don't. Tyranitar's physical Attack is better than its Special Attack, meaning its physical options are generally better. It only uses 1-2 Special moves at most, seen below:
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Stone Edge/Ice Beam
-Earthquake/Fire Blast
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
This is the defensive Talonflame Platinum mentioned:

-Talonflame w/Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 8 Speed
Moves: Bulk Up, Brave Bird, Roost, Will-o-Wisp/Flare Blitz

It works surprisingly well for something with only base 81 Attack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • CT
  • Seen May 14, 2021
I was hoping to avoid rebreeding a talonflame, but the will-o-wisp is too good right now. Special attackers are harder to find, and both tanks and attackers hate that move. In addition, running ferrothorn with leftovers...It contradicts item wise

And I meant choice scarf tyranitar, not specs

Back