• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game is cropping sprites

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
When I'm inputting sprites into my game, it cuts off most of the sprite into a square. How can I make it so it includes the whole figure not an square cutout of it.
As always, thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
It could be the viewport.
Try setting the viewport's width to Graphics.width and its height to Graphics.height and see if that fixes it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Hold on, is your problem that the sprites are cropped in-game in a custom scene you created, or is it that the sprites are cropped as soon as you save them to the appropriate folder in your game's Graphics folder?
If your problem is the first one, then the viewport is in the script section where your scene is.
It should be defined as:
Code:
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
If your problem is the ladder, then it may be a problem with your computer.
If neither of these is your problem, then you need to be more specific, otherwise we can't help you.

Back