• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stephan/Kenyan

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
250px-Stephan.png

Stephan/Kenyan (Pronounced Stephon in case you got struck by the name gag.) Is yet another rival of Ash. If I recall correctly he was introduced in "Oshawott's Lost Scalchop" where he is revealed to have a Blitzle. We later see him in many tournaments in which Ash participates in. It also known that there is a running gag in the anime involving the mispronunciation of his name. And as far as I know he placed top sixteen in the Pokemon League losing to Ash in the top 16.

His revealed Pokemon were:

Zebstrika, Sawk and Liepard.

Discuss Stephan, the running gag of the mispronunciation of his name and what you think about him here.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I really liked Kenyan! I think he was a much more interesting rival to Satoshi than Shooti was. Shooti didn't care about or have time for Satoshi and that particular rivalry seemed rather one-sided. Kenyan, though, was good friends with Satoshi and the others and took battling anyone seriously while still enjoying it thoroughly.

Oh and I enjoyed the subplot focusing on the Kenyan/Masaomi Dageki/Nageki rivalry too. Kinda shows how prominent a character Kenyan was, that he managed to get his own rival. And that he was always around like wow that guy showed up for pretty much everything. Which was great! I like this trend in Best Wishes for well-executed recurring friends of the main group.

This is very general I know but I'm not sure what else to say? Oh wait yeah the name gag got old pretty fast but I didn't particularly mind it and I was really happy when everyone finally started pronouncing it correctly. :3

also kenyan's a cutie
shut up

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Stephan. How he reacted when Freddy and the narrator pronounced his name wrong was priceless. xD I also liked the rivalry his Sawk has with Montgomery's Throh.

Back