• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
where did you get the shaymin sprite or did some one make it (battle)

Yes.. DJG asked someone for the shaymin sprite, so.... DJG, you didn't start with the recruit script yet... I guess we have to wait for them though

Your hack looks very good. Tiles are beautiful, and it's good to see that you are followed by your partners ^^

to clarify things, chikorita and torchic isn't following you if you're walking... or is that what you want to say?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
where did you get the shaymin sprite or did some one make it (battle)

i deviant artist allowed me to use her shaymin sprite.
you should have searched around the credits...

Your hack looks very good. Tiles are beautiful, and it's good to see that you are followed by your partners ^^

thank you and, by 'partner follows you around', do you mean like in yellow version of the pikachu follows the player?
if so, then no, your partners won't follow you around. :\

i don't think u shud change shaymin's OW.

and who ever told you that I will change the overworlds..?

I hope the next beta has the Sky Form of Shaymin and I hope we can catch/recruit him.

yes-yes...

~~~UPDATES~~~
phew...

here's the continuation of the event with Sprinephy...
rescuerangers_01-47.png

yup. Team Meanies are back. :P

that would be all.
thankies and good day~

NatureKeeper

DestiniedJagold You always make good games! Are there any more Ruby Destiny?

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
To tell you the truth i expected the shadow to do that after you beat it... but the battle is hard a level 40 for effen sake dont want to make it hard do you...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
To tell you the truth i expected the shadow to do that after you beat it... but the battle is hard a level 40 for effen sake dont want to make it hard do you...

Well, again, the real Shadow is very easy. Just use your Espeon with Shadow Ball and Sand Attack to keep making it's attacks miss. Then, with this tip you'll beat it easily.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Very good. Wonder if you'll battle Team Greenleaf again(After the Battle Tourment)?

yes, I am writing the details on how will the player will meet them.
if I can't find it interesting, then let's just say that they're gone for good. :P
yet, thanks~

DestiniedJagold You always make good games! Are there any more Ruby Destiny?

thanks~
and my next hack would be 'Life of Guardians', but let us not talk about that for now.

eheheheh... there's a video on battling the shadow in the first post.
maybe you can take a look at it. :)
it needs strategy though~

~~~UPDATES~~~
it's monday! School once again!

The Shaymin Back Sprite is done now pipz! :)
a little bit, tiny, but I don't wanna repoint, since I am taking so much offsets for scripts and maps....., so......
rescuerangers_01-48.png

Special thanks to Crossel for making the backsprite of Shaymin's Sky Form. :classic:
Thankies and good day~

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
the backsprite looks rather odd... but it's not bad, oh, and can you make it so you can recruit the shadow?

Sky

Years
Hey cool new Updates
And Team Meanies back that doesnt Sound good
Keep it Up and Good Luck

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
Good luck again. can't wait for final version. I'm happy about you making Groudon as a boss in the game. (I liek Groudonz) And please, make it extra hard. I'm currently training. Torchic is on LvL62 now, Chikorita 58 Good Ol' Pikachu 59(almost 60) Dragonite: 64,5

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
the backsprite looks rather odd... but it's not bad, oh, and can you make it so you can recruit the shadow?

thanks and no.
the shadow is unrecruitable.
you are even meant of destroying it. :\

hi DJG
the backsprite its cool it just looks a little tiny.. but its good
also, is the shadow the main boss of the game?
good luck on your hack! :)

thanks and sorry about that tiny backsprite since I still don't know how to repoint sprites properly. :\
and yes, it is the main legendary boss in the game. ;)

Hey cool new Updates
And Team Meanies back that doesnt Sound good
Keep it Up and Good Luck

:P eheheh... thanks~

The Shaymin backsprite are really cute..! :3

thank you~
Crossel made it perfect. :)

Good luck again. can't wait for final version. I'm happy about you making Groudon as a boss in the game. (I liek Groudonz) And please, make it extra hard. I'm currently training. Torchic is on LvL62 now, Chikorita 58 Good Ol' Pikachu 59(almost 60) Dragonite: 64,5

thanks, but I haven't made a sub plot on Groudon as of now, but worry not, since I'm just simply following the plot outline, yes, Groudon will be in the game.
and wow, nice party. O_O

~~~SMALL(very small) UPDATE~~~
going to school now pipz!

I am done mapping the outside map of Armor Mountain where a sleeping volcano is located and Groudon as well...
rescuerangers_01-49.png

not much of an update, but Groudon will be blocking your path to enter the inside parts of the volcano.
he will be gone after some events. ;)

that would be all.
good day and enjoy hacking pipz~

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Wow! Cool!
I like Groundon! It's strong, and it's FIRE-type!

Last time i checked, groudon was ground type, just with a fire movepool.
anyways.....
Uh-oh, team meanies is back.
and i don't think groudon will be a walk in the park either.
but is groudon supposed to say greatings or "greetings"?
i loved the updates and how you keep us in the loop destinedjagold.
Until then, best of luck on the hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back