• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey guys! Today my swarm was Pidgey so I decided to go and chain em and after a few hours and getting the chain to 40...
Pidgey-1.png

WHOO!!!

My chain is still going so yeah I'm hoping I'll get more, I post IV's later

Edit: at 41 I got me another one! lol! The patches were bad so I reset and wham... I feel lucky.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Well I just got my hands on Pearl and even though I have to share my DS with my younger brother, I'll still put lotsa time into it :D

SOO EXCITED! Can't wait to start using the PokeRadar!

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Well I just got my hands on Pearl and even though I have to share my DS with my younger brother, I'll still put lotsa time into it :D

SOO EXCITED! Can't wait to start using the PokeRadar!

trust me not as easy as it looks ( for me anyway), my swarm today was doduo im not to interested in its shiny form though a long time ago i found a shiny doduo in leafgreen. so still resetting for mudkip.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Congratulations everyone!

I'm gonna kinda do what MM is gonna do. Take a break and train my shinies. First, I do believe I'm going to train the Sneasel because I can use it before the other two Ice shinies. It can also be a stand-in for my Tyranitar.

As for EVs, I've decided to go 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed. Why? 3 reasons: Sceptile, Alakazam, and Dugtrio. I will be exactly one point ahead of them. Wahaha! That's enough for me. I love competitive, but I hardly participate in heavy battling so it doesn't really matter, except for thrashing my friends. I won't tie other Weavile if they're 31/Jolly/Max, but the above three are good enough for me.

Next I'll probably train either of the other ice shinies, but I, too, am quite backordered on stock. The first one to come to mind is Shinx. I dunno how I'm gonna get that to work. It's so limited. I guess Spark, Crunch, Thunder Wave, and something else.
Then there's my Gluttony Zigzagoon, that Buneary, and then there's the "can't do crap" ones of Corsola, Dunsparce, Snubbull, and to a lesser extent, Nosepass.

Meanwhile during all of this I'll be waiting for Makuhita to Swarm. If it doesn't, then so be it. Elekid will be 29th.

trust me not as easy as it looks ( for me anyway), my swarm today was doduo im not to interested in its shiny form though a long time ago i found a shiny doduo in leafgreen. so still resetting for mudkip.

Exactly. Just the other day someone commented on my Buneary video that they didn't have any problems chaining unil they met Buneary, where they felt it was almost impossible.
The Swarms may be easier, but you still have to be lucky and have a lot of personal experience in order to work it, and even so, you will still screw up on occasion. But don't let this dishearten you.

Good luck everyone!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Congratz on shiny Pidgy.

I just caught a shiny Buizel. On a chain of 40. Still in the chain now so hoping to catch more. Was lucky to keep the chain because the shiny patch was right in the corner of where I was chaining.

Took this on my phone.

Will carry on with the chain till it breaks then go for a geodude.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Grats on the Shiny Buizel Razer! And good luck shiny hunter with Phanpy if that's who you're pursuing.

Update: Still have no badges on Pearl but a strong Prinplup by my side :D

Years
I totally don't believe it's possible to lose a chain in a shiny patch. I've entered so many shiny patches on edges and whatnot and always kept my chains.

I'm EVing shiny Sneasel to max Speed and Attack. The one I'm training only has a 21-IV in Speed, so I can't hit that magic 373 Speed. :(

I have another Sneasel with a higher Speed IV of 28, but it's a female. I MUST use a male in order to recreate my former shiny team (yes, I'm picky like that), so I can't use this one. DDD, if a 28 Speed IV's good enough, you can have this one. I'll even nickname her for you! Her other IVs are also like 20s where it counts.

Years
Well, I've been doing some resets for Uxie, I'm over 8,500, so does anyone know what the next "percentile" is? I remember MM saying somethin' bout it... I'm also doin some Registeel resets because I forgot Pearl in the car. And I remember something about preset values... What do these values apply to?

Years
Well, I've been doing some resets for Uxie, I'm over 8,500, so does anyone know what the next "percentile" is? I remember MM saying somethin' bout it... I'm also doin some Registeel resets because I forgot Pearl in the car. And I remember something about preset values... What do these values apply to?
Well, at 11,356 resets, one would have had a 75% chance of seeing at least one shiny. These values are only really meaningful when looking into the future, or trying to see how "unlucky" you are, because the past has already happened; its values are set in stone. That you've already seen 8500 nonshinies says nothing about what's going to happen next.

Sneasel is EVed. Right now, I'm gathering more moolah from the Gentleman and Socialite on that route to replenish my Max Repel and Pokéball collections. I aim to have 999 Max and Super Repels, and at least 100 of each kind of Pokéball I throw regularly, but that's quite expensive and I'll need to work my way up to there. I should EV Mareep next.

I'm also working on SHC cards. Who knows how far I'll get.

Years
Well, at 11,356 resets, one would have had a 75% chance of seeing at least one shiny. These values are only really meaningful when looking into the future, or trying to see how "unlucky" you are, because the past has already happened; its values are set in stone. That you've already seen 8500 nonshinies says nothing about what's going to happen next.

Sneasel is EVed. Right now, I'm gathering more moolah from the Gentleman and Socialite on that route to replenish my Max Repel and Pokéball collections. I aim to have 999 Max and Super Repels, and at least 100 of each kind of Pokéball I throw regularly, but that's quite expensive and I'll need to work my way up to there. I should EV Mareep next.

I'm also working on SHC cards. Who knows how far I'll get.

Well what do you mean the values are set in stone? What is the higheset that anyone's ever gone? And who put the Freak in French Fries? :P

Years
well i have been SR for mudkip but i just recieved a porygon z with some nice IVs so i think i will breed him in hopes of getting a shiny porgon with good IVs. just have to go get a modest ditto first, GL everyone oh and i put the freak in french fries XD

No you didn't, there Aint No Freakin French Fries! Man, I can reset SOOOO Fast in Sapphire... GL all!

Years
Well what do you mean the values are set in stone? What is the higheset that anyone's ever gone? And who put the Freak in French Fries? :P
What I'm saying is probably so obvious that you aren't getting it. The past has already happened. It's unchangeable. Past failure at soft resetting also doesn't make you any closer to your shiny. Don't fall for the gambler's fallacy!

Also, some have gone as many as 40,000 resets without seeing any shinies.

Years
I've had no failures. Just given up to obtain darkrai. I'm still goin after Uxie, so I don't think that has anything to do with previous things. I've already asked about Palkia's resets going, and found out that it really DIDNT matter, so... I just wish I could get to the car, but it's valet parked, so I have to wait for sunday BUT Registeel Resets go now!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
The 'Freak'.... in.... french fries?

Don't want to know..

This is kinda creepy. Me and MM are doing very similar things. XD
Training Sneasel, gathering money from the old couple, buying up Repels and PokeBalls...
=P
And to think the next Pokemon I was gonna train was an Electric type! :D Great minds think alike?
I'll pass on your 28 Speed IV Sneasel (thanks anyway though). I just happen to have the magic number 27 IV one. =) It's a good one, good enough for me. Ice Shard looks so cool. o.o
I've never really used any ice moves until now.

I've been SRing for Charmander a little again. Same game, etc.
So the "haven't got it yet after so long, it's right around the corner!" sets in. :)

But for now I'll finish getting "Gremlin" to Lv. 60, and decide who next to train. I'm torn between Snovers, I think I'll go with the original plan of the Jolly Swords Dance one. I think it was the one with the best IVs of the 9 anyway.
And that way I'll have all of my fighters in a row without a gap.

Good luck everyone!

edit:

Well......
Makuhita is my Swarm Pokemon. I'm currently trying to chain it, but there's a bit of a problem you see.
Fly to the Survival area, and then go west young lad (left).

See that open field of grass? I'm trying to chain in that.
After spending so much time at the Lake, Eterna Forest, this place seems kinda...... tight.

Like a Sumo's arena.

I looked around along the way from the Fight Area and this is about the only decent square of grass I could find. Is there anything better that I didn't see? (Like Route 213 has the Rock Climb area with grass)
Any help would be much appreciated, but I'm afraid I might run out of time. I didn't plan this, but it happened. If I fail, I'll just try again next time.

*Street Fighter music*

edit 5:48 PM EST:

......... Nevermind ............

DSC03789.jpg

Last edited:

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey guys...
Yeah nothing much new has happened to me, except for a shiny misdreavus I got two days ago.
Chain was at 38 when it happened... took forever to catch. Screwed it up at fourty so I didnt get two. :(
thats it.

Years
its a video called jack in the box, its so funny. anyways im playin MPDS which is pretty gay since it screws you over if you dont own it. W/E but GL all!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I ended up with 3 shiny Buizel. I like the IVs of one as it has 31 speed and 24 attack as its IVs. The nature is lax which I didn't like though. All the others has bad IVs.

I am chaining Geodude now. I am not going to stop till I get one either.

Back