• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DDD - Saving over and over again does nothing for Emerald. In order to get a shiny Lileep, you'll have to basically recreate the amount of time it took for you to soft reset for your shiny Beldum and Totodile. If you can do that, then you will get your shiny Lileep.

And we are in somewhat similar situations. I'm SRing (when I can) for a shiny Beldum on my Emerald, but you already have a shiny Metagross. You are SRing for a shiny Lileep on your Emerald while I already have one. It's odd, isn't it? :D

Good luck, everyone.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
DDD - Saving over and over again does nothing for Emerald. In order to get a shiny Lileep, you'll have to basically recreate the amount of time it took for you to soft reset for your shiny Beldum and Totodile. If you can do that, then you will get your shiny Lileep.

And we are in somewhat similar situations. I'm SRing (when I can) for a shiny Beldum on my Emerald, but you already have a shiny Metagross. You are SRing for a shiny Lileep on your Emerald while I already have one. It's odd, isn't it? :D

Good luck, everyone.

Hrmm, sounds tough since I wish I could remember the time lapse between getting the Beldum and Totodile. All I really know to do I guess is just SR a lot when I can find the time and see what happens. I don't think I'm anywhere near it though...

Indeed, funny coincidence. If I do get it (which is inevitable; I will eventually if I keep at it) I think I might keep it as a Lileep, I like that green coloring.

I wish there was a place where you could SR for Pokemon in RSE like the Game Corner in FR/LG, because once I'm done with Lileep, the last SR target in my game (to my knowledge) is Sudowoodo. Woo hoo..

Kinda wish now I didn't catch all the Regis for my friend..

edit:

Oh yeah MenchMaster is still gone.. :( I wonder what happened, really..??

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey, D_S, would you like to race for Snorlax? I won't be able to hunt it yet because I'm really busy with school and basketball, but I just want to see if you're interested.

Sure I'd love to race! More motivation to go for snorlax and I haven't had a race in long while. Good luck on beldum too!

Yeah the emerald RNG thing I guess is about timing if I recall. I think MetalMario said you should sometimes wait 1-2 seconds after start up before getting the pokemon so that it 'reshuffles' the deck. I did that sometimes while going for electrode, but on the morning I actually got electrode I was just mashing A pretty fast :p
Well good luck on Lileep DDD! I'd be also Sring for it or Anorith but I don't want to destroy the mirage tower yet. It's literally the best place to hunt for Trapinch or Sandshrew, both pretty nice shinies, since only those 2 appear there.

I've had no luck with Kecleon on emerald, guess it could be since it takes a bit to engage it in battle because of the text, and I haven't been doing the wait 1-2 seconds thing either (lazy :p) Ugh I gotta remember to check everyday on my R/S/E for Mirage Island too, I wanna see if I can get a shiny wynaut if I ever find it xD Heh what are the chances of getting to mirage island anyways? MM should know ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats on all the new shinies guys.

Well I've decided to get back to my Lileep hunt in Emerald. I put it on the backburner a few months ago(continued on with the game) so its about time I get back into it. It also gives me a break from Latios and Regirock, who really don't want to appear for me. I've gotten a lot of RNG clones while SRing but no Careful shiny Lileep has appeared(a lot of non-shiny ones have appeared though >_>)

I'm also going to start over Emerald 1, and I'll be SRing for another shiny Treecko. As I've gotten all available SR Pokemon in this Emerald, I really want to see if I can get a luckier file than the last one. I just need to trade over several Lvl 100 Pokemon and all shinies I've gotten to another game, then I'll be ready.

EDIT: I just finished trading 59 Pokemon from Emerald to LeafGreen and I'm on my way towards a shiny file. I hope that I get a file soon.

Last edited:

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
finaly got both ralts ^^
male and female, one will be a gladevoir and the other will be a gallade...
now back to giratina and here's the picture
Spoiler:

congratz to everyone on new shinies and good luck for the ones hunting :D

Years
What is a YTMND? I don't believe I remember reading about that...
http://ytmnd.com/

Basically a hive of web memes and assorted stuff. Some of it is NSFW so be careful.

I think MetalMario said you should sometimes wait 1-2 seconds after start up before getting the pokemon so that it 'reshuffles' the deck.
Nope. More in the neighbourhood of 2-3 minutes, and a random duration each time, if you're looking for fair random numbers. As Fufu said, just do the same thing you did for Electrode. Electrode's a super-fast encounter, if I remember right, so it's probably impossible to SR certain stuff, like the Hoenn ubers and Regis, period.

Now, onto my latest copypasta:
40-SnoruntSparkle.jpg

40-SnoruntBattle.jpg

I've also recorded a video which might make it to Youtube notwithstanding my own laziness. :P

I caught the first at a chain of 37, and two more at 40 and 41. Random breaks are random, and they seem to be more common with certain targets, such as radar exclusives. To combat this, I loosened up my chaining rule following early on, to reduce the time spent at the low numbers, and got extremely picky with the patches I'd enter later on, entering only a few arrangements I've had the most success with after 30, and only the free +1 patterns after 35.

I plan to capture four of them with Ice Body with my Jolly syncher out, to hopefully get a good Glalie. I'm also going to capture four females with my Timid syncher out to try for a good Froslass. I'm switching back and forth so that if, by some cataclysm, my chain breaks, I've got the best chances of getting candidates for both of them.

I'm practically chained out, so I'll be going back to playing Diamond after this. Dialga awaits. Gugyugubaah!!

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
hey guys been a long time. i got exams so i stopped playing pokemon so much and i'm addicted to guitar hero too, i really want to shiny hunt but have no inspiration for it. gd luck people.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MetalMario, I believe that Kyogre and Groudon are just as SRable as the Regis. I've gotten Kyogre, Groudon, and Registeel on the same Emerald file, as well as a shiny Torchic (now a Blaziken) and Lileep. It leads me to believe that the values for Kyogre and Groudon are set right when you walk up to them and the animation of them moving towards you begins.

I could probably also get a shiny Beldum if I were to soft reset fast enough. If I can get a shiny Registeel, then I can definitely get Regirock and Regice...I'd definitely be SRing for a shiny Chikorita right now, though, if I hadn't accidentally saved after getting a normal Totodile from Birch. :(

Good luck, everyone. I'm gonna continue resetting for a new ID on Emerald. I really want to get a shiny Johto starter!

Last edited:

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey fufu wanna race for the lucky ID number on our emeralds?
the frist who gets the shiny started wins :P
what do u say?

Years
My god, freaking getting infracted for flame wars that have already been settled and dealt with is just beyond stupid.
I'll stay just for my friends <33
Shiny Cubone, times 3.
Hunting Emerald RNG Number, along with Moltres. Only, I'm not at Moltres yet.

Years
Mhm.
No, our race is not over yet.
But I haven't even been resetting lately.
How about, you with Giratina vs me and a shiny in FireRed (Most likely going to be a legendary bird, that I shall not specify at this time)
But who knows, maybe I'll find one in the wild before then?
Maybe I shall be as lucky as Chiakiro?
Who knows?
Good luck everyone.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
okay then... I'm not wanting to hunt for giratina lately...
anyway I'll chain a bit and wait u to get to the birds...
the frist chain will be a snover :P
hope this chain doesn't breaks ^^

Years
Okay, lolwut. I'm still laughing about what just happened on my game.

I caught my quota of shiny Snorunts, so I went back to increasing my chain, and caught a bunch more on my way up. My chain finally broke at 73, and it was on another Free+1 pattern. Stupid, isn't it? But take a look at just what it broke on:

shiny_sneasel_wtfbbq.jpg

I was weirded out and started laughing. This thing broke my vastly successful Snorunt chain! (I sent out my Weavile to demonstrate that this isn't an old pic.) And it was lurking in the safest possible of arrangements! What's going on here?

So, to summarize, these are the shinies I've harvested from this chain:
  • 3 Adamant male Snorunts w. Ice Body
  • 1 Timid female Snorunt
  • 1 Calm female Snorunt
  • 12 other assoted Snorunt
  • 1 Bold female Sneasel

Could have gone for a Noctowl or something, but whatever. :P It reminds me of how random encounter shinies can be lurking just around the corner. I think it's time to pick up those Rotom and Dialga hunts I was working on. Also, Fufu, I'll race you for a Johto starter! >=] I'm doing it the "traditional" way with eggs and no bogus RNGs to help me.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Okay, MetalMario, I'll race you. I'll hatch for a shiny Totodile while you go for Chikorita.

And its IVs will be lachrymose.

=D

Edit: Silly me, I almost forgot! Congratulations on all your new shinies. :)

I'm going to begin chaining for a secret target next weekend.

Last edited:

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey MM and fufu, can I join the race too? :P
I know I have already sterted hunting for a shiny started in emerald but can I still join? :B

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yeah, you can race us for Johto starter if you want. Are you going to be hunting for it on Emerald?

My egg count was 387 last time I checked, which was about an hour and a half ago. I don't know what it is now.

Good luck, everyone.

Back