• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Follow me! Follow me! ~The K-Pop Fanclub ~

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Really? KBS Gayo Daejun is better because of the Idol Versus Idol Challenge, but SBS is a dissapointment because of the cameraman and the mic problem :( , Tiffany had problem with her mic, and GD and YB hugged <3 but the cameraman pointed the floor, can't see their hugs </3 :(

KBS just felt like an extended weekly music show to me. Tiffany's mic was a minor problem; I felt KBS had the worst sound system by far. I actually preferred some of SBS's stages, specifically Hyori's Miss Korea, Hyori & CL, CNBLUE & Dok2, TTS & EXO, and, of course, GD & Taeyang. I loved the drama parody too.

But omg yeah no doubt that camera work was so awfulllllll. When it fell during 2NE1's that was just omg.

Years
How long have you been listening to KPop?
Since 2009 :)

How were you introduced to KPop?
Once on youtube I found a music video by "BoA", she had just released one of her singles to debute in USA. This was in 2009, I really liked the song "Eat you up" and started searching more on the internet to get information. After some years I introduced this to my friend, and she is now loving kpop just like me. She is so nice, In oktober 2013 she was part of the OMONA group here in Norway as CREW, and she got to meet SimonAndMartina from EatYourKimchi, and she bought a shirt for me saying "EatYourKimchi European Tour". So nice of her as I was not able to participate myself.

Which artists are you currently listening to the most?
- CL, she is making a lot of famous friends in America like Will.I.Am and it is really paying off. She know how to market her style and rapping, she is so good at it. Her english is amazing, a very good and smart girl.
- Jang jae In's ballad "Please" is so sad and beautiful
- The main theme soundtrack from "The suspicious album" is also good
- I am so spread around haha, i just listen to what touches me, makes me sing or gives me certain feelings. I watch a lot of videos from the shows to see who is debuting.

Individual Solo Claim:
GlitteringMoon – Kahi/Sunmi/Jang Jae In/BoA/T.O.P/GaIn/Chaelin aka CL

haha, i hope it's OK that i am claiming so many, if not please tell me :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Oh my god ;; I'm so sorry I've been away. But T-ara keeping me busy. Lol.

I haven't followed any Korean music in... 4-5 years? Regardless, I still want to join because I'm Korean and it just feels wrong to think I don't have much of association with K-Pop nowadays. Plus I could learn about new groups and their music.

2 years? That is, until I kind of forgot about KPop.

Umm... Korean media?

...I used to listen to Super Junior and TVXQ, if that counts?

Welcome! ;)
TVXQ ♥
Of course they count. :D

I knew I smelled kpop.

I knew about it for a while, but never gave it a chance until about 3 years ago.

I was an avid Comcast OnDemand viewer (no judging) and would frequent the music section daily. One day I noticed this new "KPOP" section. I'd always hear about kpop and would stumble upon random MVs on YouTube but always shrugged it off. Now I was like "meh it's 4am and I have nothing better to do."
omg I watched so many videos...I remember Abracadabra, Genie, Hearbeat, Lollipop but I didn't like ANY of them. then I saw Beast's Bad Girl and giggled to myself (since this was when the phrase SO BEAST was popular). I watched it, thought GAYYYY, and fell in love at the same time. I probably wouldn't have gotten into kpop if it wasn't for Beast (I mostly listened to alternative/post-hardcore rock at the time, funny enough) but now I don't even follow Beast anymore.

I listen to most everything, so what I'm currently listening to depends on what was recently released. Right now it's mostly SNSD and EXO (or at least it would be if my albums would arrive already. I pre-ordered them this time and they're still not here yo)

anyone watched KBS's Gayo Daejun? omg so disappointing

Sorry for the late welcome! :) I don't really listen to Beast myself, but I've seen them perform a few times and they are cute. ^ ^

I skipped that one and just watched performances online.

May I join? ;D

On and off for about five years.

Well I stumbled upon a TVXQ song while listening to jpop songs. I hated them actually and didn't get back into kpop until my friend introduced me to Younha.

Younha. Youhnha. Younha. Younha. Need I say more? lol ;D
(Lee Hi and Ailee)

BY THE WAY, may I claim Younha? ;D

YES YES JOIN.
WELCOME. :D
Claim added. ♥

Really? KBS Gayo Daejun is better because of the Idol Versus Idol Challenge, but SBS is a dissapointment because of the cameraman and the mic problem :( , Tiffany had problem with her mic, and GD and YB hugged <3 but the cameraman pointed the floor, can't see their hugs </3 :(

I watched MBC's end of the year music show and whatever other one T-ara was on. I saw memes of the camera work at Gayo and omfg. XD It was terrible, but funny at the same time.

KBS just felt like an extended weekly music show to me. Tiffany's mic was a minor problem; I felt KBS had the worst sound system by far. I actually preferred some of SBS's stages, specifically Hyori's Miss Korea, Hyori & CL, CNBLUE & Dok2, TTS & EXO, and, of course, GD & Taeyang. I loved the drama parody too.

But omg yeah no doubt that camera work was so awfulllllll. When it fell during 2NE1's that was just omg.

That's the meme I was referring to. I felt bad for 2NE1, but I couldn't stop laughing. :/
I bet he was fired after that.

Random and late, but I love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gig9qmiqV6o

Just wow, Hyorin can really sing! Can this go under the featured songs list?

The featured songs are supposed to get randomly chosen every week. I've been away so long I haven't kept up with it. I'll post a notice later for when you can add to the recommendation list. And then I'll randomly choose another recommended song to feature.

Since 2009 :)

Once on youtube I found a music video by "BoA", she had just released one of her singles to debute in USA. This was in 2009, I really liked the song "Eat you up" and started searching more on the internet to get information. After some years I introduced this to my friend, and she is now loving kpop just like me. She is so nice, In oktober 2013 she was part of the OMONA group here in Norway as CREW, and she got to meet SimonAndMartina from EatYourKimchi, and she bought a shirt for me saying "EatYourKimchi European Tour". So nice of her as I was not able to participate myself.

- CL, she is making a lot of famous friends in America like Will.I.Am and it is really paying off. She know how to market her style and rapping, she is so good at it. Her english is amazing, a very good and smart girl.
- Jang jae In's ballad "Please" is so sad and beautiful
- The main theme soundtrack from "The suspicious album" is also good
- I am so spread around haha, i just listen to what touches me, makes me sing or gives me certain feelings. I watch a lot of videos from the shows to see who is debuting.

Individual Solo Claim:
GlitteringMoon – Kahi/Sunmi/Jang Jae In/BoA/T.O.P/GaIn/Chaelin aka CL

haha, i hope it's OK that i am claiming so many, if not please tell me :)

I love CL. I think she spent time in America which is why she is so fluent in English. Welcome to the club! Adding you claims now. :)

I died totally with the news of YoonA with Lee Seunggri :'(

I'm still in denial to be honest

And the next day, Sooyoung is dating @.@

As long as TaengSic aren't dating anyone I'm cool......

EDIT:
There's a notice on the first post. Please have a look.
Also I'm taking gif avatar requests. I especially love doing kpop ones. So if you guys are interested go here and fill out the form please.

-link-

Last edited:

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Cute. ^ ^
Jiyeon died in another MV. Why am I not surprised...

omg on the subject of Jiyeon dying in MVs...I've been trying to remember the name of that MV where she was talking pills? I know it was a ballad but I seriously can't remember it...I just remembered I cried at the end lol

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
It's called 'Painkiller'.
I cried too. ;;
She's died in like 4 MVs already. She's just really good at those roles. Idek man.

kuro_neko

Welcome ~~~~
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
Hi, I'm Kuro and i would like to join your k-pop group. c:
I think i have to answer these questions soo..here goes:

Hmmm, just until recently actually.

I got into K-pop when i found the program Win:Who is Next and fell in love with all the members of the two groups from the program. First because of their hard work, determination and effort. Also just because i loved the music they produced. You probably know of the show, it just finished a while ago. I am rooting for both the teams that won and lost. c: From the show i started listening to other k-pop groups and singers. I also just happened to listen to k-pop unintentionally from watching anime and getting the opening and ending songs. c:

Big bang and 2pm

Years
Okay I'm probably being late to the game with this and all but Hyorin (or Hyolyn now) debuted solo just back at the end of November of last year and WOW DIS GURL BE ON FIYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

She's got a solo album Love & Hate and my fave songs there are "Lonely", "One Way Love", "Massage", "Closer", "Falling", "OMG", and "Tonight", which happens to be seven out of ten songs. Needless to say I love listening to all of it, beginning to end, repeatedly <3

The dance to One Way Love? HOT! And welcome kuro_neko~

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I thought they said SNSD was having a comeback mid-January.

And January is ending :( I am sad.

*CoughIamnothappybecauseCPpushedSunny*

Years
I'd like to join the club! Also, I hope I'm not randomly interjecting between a conversation ><

Maybe ~10 years? Been listening to it exclusively or 90% of time for the past 2-3 years.

BoA-unnie! I was watching Inuyasha and Every Heart was playing then Wikipedia happened, which led me into the K-pop scene :P

I listen to practically everyone, but INFINITE, BoA, T-ara and Nine Muses more.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014

I was waiting too.. I think they have to wait for Yoona's drama filmed finish, Mnet predict is on February...

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
미안해요 everyone ;~;

Hi, I'm Kuro and i would like to join your k-pop group. c:
I think i have to answer these questions soo..here goes:

Hmmm, just until recently actually.

I got into K-pop when i found the program Win:Who is Next and fell in love with all the members of the two groups from the program. First because of their hard work, determination and effort. Also just because i loved the music they produced. You probably know of the show, it just finished a while ago. I am rooting for both the teams that won and lost. c: From the show i started listening to other k-pop groups and singers. I also just happened to listen to k-pop unintentionally from watching anime and getting the opening and ending songs. c:

Big bang and 2pm

Hello!!!!! I'm sorry for this very late welcome!!!!!!!!!
A new kpopper, eh? Welcome to the fandom! I hope you are enjoying the music and everything. :D

Okay I'm probably being late to the game with this and all but Hyorin (or Hyolyn now) debuted solo just back at the end of November of last year and WOW DIS GURL BE ON FIYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

She's got a solo album Love & Hate and my fave songs there are "Lonely", "One Way Love", "Massage", "Closer", "Falling", "OMG", and "Tonight", which happens to be seven out of ten songs. Needless to say I love listening to all of it, beginning to end, repeatedly <3

The dance to One Way Love? HOT! And welcome kuro_neko~

DID YOU HEAR THE IDOLS THAT COVERED 'LET IT GO'.
There's Hyolyn, Ailee, and some other ones. (Sorry I can't remember)
So awesome.

I hear they are coming back soon? At least that's what my SONE friends are saying on my kpop twitter. Lol.

I'd like to join the club! Also, I hope I'm not randomly interjecting between a conversation ><

Maybe ~10 years? Been listening to it exclusively or 90% of time for the past 2-3 years.

BoA-unnie! I was watching Inuyasha and Every Heart was playing then Wikipedia happened, which led me into the K-pop scene :P

I listen to practically everyone, but INFINITE, BoA, T-ara and Nine Muses more.

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!! Sorry to you also for this late welcome!!!!! And OMG T-ARA fan. YES. We need more of you. AND BOA TOO! We should be friends k. T^T
BOA unnie also helped me to find kpop. <33333

I was waiting too.. I think they have to wait for Yoona's drama filmed finish, Mnet predict is on February...

It should be soon. SONEs are going crazy waiting. I hear it's a ballad or something? Or is that something else? hmmm.

T-ara N4 comeback in April. They are supposed to come have a tour in the US as well. I'm a bit worried. :(

Also I'm thinking about adding a directory somewhere in the club for like sites for groups and stuff that we all like so that other people can go to them and look for info on groups they're curious about. What do you guys think?

Years
Welcome welcome welcome!!!!! Sorry to you also for this late welcome!!!!! And OMG T-ARA fan. YES. We need more of you. AND BOA TOO! We should be friends k. T^T
BOA unnie also helped me to find kpop. <33333

It's okay and thank you~ :D BoA got me into the whole Korean culture so I actually know how to read Korean too! :P Except I wouldn't know what the words mean ;___; I wish BoA unnie would be more active in Korea...I like her Korean music more than Japanese D:

Back