• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
There should be best GBC Hack and Best GBA Hack, they're practically two different hacking styles.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
The judging system is fair, and I do not think it will be revised. Most of the people that expected Shiny Gold to win, was because they did not see that there was a judging round.
If this year's system was like last year's, I would be sure, too, that Shiny Gold would win, because of its many fans.

The system will not be like this, next year, the system is going back to the basics. And as I said before, the results will probably not be revised, if members did not like this year's system, they should have had complained in the earlier phases of it.

That's what I was saying. Don't revise the results of this year. I mean that in future years, if people have problems with THIS system they should make it known now so that in future years people won't have the complaint that they have no say in the system

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
Well, i myself think serg!o is right... I think that the Prism should have the "Best GBC Hack of the Year" and Shiny Gold the "Best GBA Hack of the year"

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
But you gotta admit, it was a pretty hilarious presentation on H.S.'s part with the suspense and the spoiler tag ("You've been had."). :D

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
It's just a voting, it's not like the people winning prizes are the kings of the world. huh
It's not like they're winning many prizes after all

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Hacks do get respect for getting awards, although I don't think getting second place hurt Shiny Gold much. xD

It's amazing Rocket's Revenge managed to get 2nd place without a Public Beta released yet, that was something to go down in the history books

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
That's what I meant.
That people should care a bit less about this.
Well, Zel, Coolboyman, and EarthsVisitor have all put a lot of time in effort into this. It's understanding that they, and their fans, could feel great excitement or disappointment at the results
it's only natural

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
At least they're the top three hacks. I am even proud that at least, from my five favorite hacks around here, they (included in my five favorites) reached this far. They should be proud, btw. It's a dream to be one of the top.., I think... :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
YESSSSSSSSSSS

Prism deserved HOTY

:D:D:D

YESSSSSSSS

Finally Coolboyman and Prism deserved a high level award after so long.

As a long time supporter of his three hacks - Brown, Prism and RijonAdv, he totally deserve an award after being on the romhacking scene for the past 8 years when Red and Blue romhacking was the time.

And yesssss.... Im so happy that Prism won after many hours of tiredness work that he had put in for many of his new features such as donating Pokemon and sidescrolling xD

Anyways, Sometimes next year, I am sure Rijon or the new Brown would take on HOTY 2008 since Coolboyman deserve any and all high level awards cause he > all of you. Serioiusly, I am not kidding - Coolboyman is undoubtly one of the BEST romhacker I have seen in the past 7 years I had been with Romhacking since October 21st 2000. There are other top romhackers that still considered the best in my books are Cartmic, Mr Meam Mustard a.k.a The Dude, Meowth/Mikasa, Jazz and Chiklit. They were all awesome.

But yeah, why I am not mentioning Zel? Zel can be a great scripter in many people eyes and always help them with advices etc but in my honest opinion, this guy is well... not in my books because ...but still I dont wanna mention it here.

However, in conclusion to this post

Congrats to Coolboyman - this guy is always AWESOME. and not just forgot to mention the congrats to Zel, Earth and the judges for making it possible for Prism to reach to the first place :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
There is the problem of there being not as many GBC hacks out there as there once were.

Splitting them would leave a choice between maybe 6 GBC hacks

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
There is the problem of there being not as many GBC hacks out there as there once were.

Splitting them would leave a choice between maybe 6 GBC hacks

I don't think that would be a problem... In StudioPokemon I won the Best Emerald-based Hack, and there whas just only other contendant: Pokémon Eisstrum.

These two types of hacking have so much differences to be compared each other, in my oppinion.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
You know what?

I think a sub award is fair for Shiny Gold, to take as "Best GBA hack of 2007.".

I think the judges were put there because most people voting in the past weren't judging fairly, they didn't play all the hacks and choices before voting and had a bias. I think it was about basically judging the hacks, and not seeing which one gets the most votes. Either way, I truly thought Shiny Gold would of won the judging feature, but it still deserves to take home the title Best GBA Hack of 2007.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
You know what?

I think a sub award is fair for Shiny Gold, to take as "Best GBA hack of 2007.".

I think the judges were put there because most people voting in the past weren't judging fairly, they didn't play all the hacks and choices before voting and had a bias. I think it was about basically judging the hacks, and not seeing which one gets the most votes. Either way, I truly thought Shiny Gold would of won the judging feature, but it still deserves to take home the title Best GBA Hack of 2007.
Yeah you're right.

If Coolboyman says this; then, despite I support was I stated before, I reject the idea of reviewing the judges' votes which would be a little "heavy" but split the award into 2 categories (GBA & GBC) like always had been done:
GBC Hack of the Year 2007
GBA Hack of the Year 2007
-See this for an example:
HS' Hack Hall of Fame

What do you say then Hiroshi?

Last edited:

Ozumas

Creatos Golden Sun/Silver moon
Years
This is painful ...
That a hack like shiny gold lost against a hack based gsc ...
Painful painful ...

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
This is painful ...
That a hack like shiny gold lost against a hack based gsc ...
Painful painful ...
HEY NOW!
I understand if you think that SG was better, and if you think it was truly the best hack, and if you think it truly deserved it, but where the hell do you come off saying it's better than prism just because prism is G/S/C?
The games were ranked on several categories. How pretty the hack is isn't the only thing it's graded on

All of these hacks deserve respect. don't diss the HoTY because you don't like second gen. that's just ignorant and closeminded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back