• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wonderlocke Challenge

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Final Update
Sylvi | Pokemon Y
40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png
40px-Psychic_Badge.png
40px-Iceberg_Badge.png

Four more badges and a championship later I make my third and final update. I would have updated more if well... more things happened but honestly? It was pretty smooth sailing. I had a few time when I almost lost someone, but other than the death of my Mightyena (damn Dugtrio with Arena Trap) everything was good. Unless we want to talk about my wonder trade woes and that I never really got a complete team (I have a team of six but you'll see what I mean I'm sure). Anyways summary of what happened. Sorta since I don't actually remember too many details oops.

- Beat Clemont. Easy with a Gabite/Garchomp.
- Caught Pokemon. Wonder Traded. I got a Poochyena through one and figured I'd put it on my team. But as mentioned above it was killed due to Arena Trap Dugtrio while I was backtracking for the lucky egg. Oops.
- Beat Valerie. Easy with a Tentacruel and Ferrothorn haha.
- More stuff happened idek this was about two weeks ago I should have updated sooner.
- Got Wonder Traded a Female Adamant Ralts so I cried.
- Decided in the Winding Woods to put the Skitty I was wonder Traded on my team. It... didn't do much other than sit there and look pretty tbh and if I needed to I was going to use it as a sacrifice lmao.
- Managed to get a Fletchinder on one of my very last wonder trades I could do so I stuck it on my team. Was more useful than Delcatty certainly.
- Beat Wulfric. Easy with Ferrothorn and Iron Head.
- Went through Victory Road. Grinded a little for my last two team members just in case. Got bored. Went and faced elite.
- For the most part the first four were pathetically easy. Only one I had some difficulty with was Steel Guy who almost killed my Tentacruel. Glad he didn't though 'cause he was my first battle oops. But yeah the later three were super easy it was kind dumb.
- So then I went and faced Diantha! Got off to a little shaky start because oops she sends out Hawlucha and I send out Ferrothorn but that was easily taken care of. Tyrantrum almost takes down Tentacruel but she hangs on and poison takes care of it. Delcatty actually helps take down Gourgeist thanks to being a normal type (only action he got haha) and Ferrothorn quickly takes down Gardevoir.
- Became Champion, quickly beat AZ and I'm done! :D

598.png

Kastadur (Ferrothorn) ♂ | Docile | Level 84
Power Whip, Leech Seed, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock

445.png

Cynthia (Garchomp) ♀ | Timid | Level 77
Crunch, Dig, Strength, Dragon Claw

073.png

Tentacruel ♀ | Calm | Level 80
Sludge Wave, Aurora Beam, Surf, Toxic Spikes

135.png

Jolteon ♀ | Rash | Level 81
Rock Smash, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

301.png

Delcatty ♂ | Gentle | Level 68
Play Rough, Feint Attack, Wake-Up Slap, Sing

663.png

Talonflame ♂ | Mild | Level 63
Steel Wing, Fly, Roost, Flame Charge

Boxed:
511MS.png
268.png
271.png
684.png
113.png
656.png
659.png
129.png

297.png
063.png
624.png
264.png
131.png
172.png
303.png
309.png

363.png
316.png
207.png
095.png
280.png
632.png
015.png
074.png

RIP:
333.png
286.png
262.png

Overall I really enjoyed this nuzlocke! Had okay luck with the Wonder Trade. Nice Pokemon at the beginning but then I just got Pokemon I didn't or couldn't really use. I'll probably see about doing another wonderlocke in the future but not before this other challenge I need to do first. :b

ZakKong

Part of the Kong Family
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Name: ZakKong
Game: Y
Wedlocke?: No. I'll possibly do a wedlocke of this later on when I finally get ORAS. But for now no Wedlocke.
Any Optional Rules?: Level Limit (If I pass this I can't use that Pokemon till the battle where the limit is increased), 3 Healing Items per battle

I'll update each day if I manage to play the game that day. Not sure how long this challenge will take.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
VSFurisode_Girl_3.png

Alli | Pokemon Y
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png

50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

697.png

Graham lv. 66 @ Hard Stone
[ Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Rock Tomb ]

257.png

Curry lv. 62 @ Rocky Helmet
[ Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Shadow Claw, Brave Bird ]

286.png

Portabella lv. 66 @ Expert Belt
[ Sky Uppercut, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch ]

448.png

Blueberry lv. 66 @ Lucarionite
[ Aura Sphere, Shadow Claw, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse ]

197.png

Churro Espresso lv. 67 @ King's Rock
[ Toxic, Bite, Moonlight, Swift ]

350.png

Sushi lv. 73
[ Surf, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Aqua Ring ]

CHRISTMAS HAPPENED Y'ALL. I got a Torchic off of Wonder Trade to avenge Charmeleon and Fletchinder and replace Linoone finally. You had a great run Popcorn, my dear, but alas, you must sit in the box so you don't die. Anyway, Torchic was deemed Curry and I grinded levels for hours...carefully, of course. Cause every other time I try to do that, I lose teammates. Anyway, got her caught up and then defeated the gym easily. Looks like it's onward to Victory Road, ladies and gentlemen. And then the moment we've all been waiting for.

Boxed:
269.png
335.png
449.png
280.png
277.png
265.png
425.png
467.png
130.png
131.png
100.png
262.png
353.png
183.png

(Can't be arsed to get image URLs rn since my computer is being slow, but I've also got Trevenant, Stunfisk, and Linoone in the box.)

RIP:
005.png
662.png
028.png

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Woooooooow I can finally play this! I got my 3DS and Pokemon AS excited as hell!!
Name: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Wedlocke?: No.
Any optional rules?: None

I already started (And it's my first run at the game, I haven't even played it regularly, was just too excited!
My team is this:
Japanese Bulbasaur lvl 3
Razor (Treecko)- lvl 10
Japanese Shellos (the pink one)- lvl 4
Japanese Ralts- lvl 6
Japanese Charmander- lvl 1
Pandespielge (Pancham)- lvl 9
Yes, my team is full of japanese pokemon and I don't know if I like it or hate it.
Tokyo gets them best mons!
Gonna finnish another part and update

Years
Name: Golurks Were Meant to Fly
Game: Omega Ruby
Wedlocke?: No
Any optional rules?: Dupes Clause, Level Clause

Excited to start! I'll probably have my first update tonight or so.

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Alright so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to double post since it's been more than 2 weeks.

So... Update 2!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Name: Seki
Game: Omega Ruby
Wedlocke?: No (my first try on challenges xD)
Any optional rules?: Dupes Clause

Started the game, its my run on ORAS so yeah... Needed some motivation to play the game.

#Update 1
Chose Torchic as my starter, not like it does matter anyway, defeated my rival, stormed my way through to Wally, caught 3 Zigzagoons in the process and I got the Wonder trade ability already, only to realise that I didnt update my Omega Ruby game and have to update it. However... I couldn't update it as the Nintendo eShop is under maintenance or something... So I have to stop my challenge. So I guess the only way now is offing my 3DS and heading to bed already and pray hard the maintenance ends soon so that I can continue my challenge.

Years
Ive never done one of these challenges but ima starting over my game of X show im going to give this a shot.

Name: Drizzite
Game: X
Any optional rules?: Dupes clause

Please don't hesitate to let me know if i do something wrong.

Years
Update #1 Drizzite

Current location: lumiose City (first visit)
Badges : 1
Pokemon: Carvanha 12, zigzagoon 11, tailow 18, Froakie 13, zubat 19, cyndaquil 10
In box: luvdisc 15

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
VSFurisode_Girl_3.png

Alli | Pokemon Y
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png

50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

697.png

Graham lv. 76 @ Hard Stone
Strong Jaw | Careful
[ Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Rock Slide ]

257.png

Curry lv. 79
Blaze | Modest
[ Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Shadow Claw, Brave Bird ]

286.png

Portabella lv. 74 @ Expert Belt
Effect Spore| Calm
[ Sky Uppercut, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch ]

448.png

Blueberry lv. 76 @ Lucarionite
Steadfast | Hasty
[ Aura Sphere, Shadow Claw, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse ]

197.png

Churro Espresso lv. 78 @ King's Rock
Inner Focus | Modest
[ Toxic, Dark Pulse, Moonlight, Hidden Power FR ]

350.png

Sushi lv. 88 @ Rocky Helmet
Marvel Scale | Bold
[ Surf, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Aqua Ring ]

Victory Road was a nightmare full of near deaths. Because of that, I was expecting the worst for the E4, especially from Steel Guy and Water Man. They have names, I just don't know them, lol. Also, you'll notice that Milotic is crazy high leveled. Everyone else is like...hugely weak to either Fighting, Psychic, or Fairy in some way, shape, or form so every time I ran into that, I tossed out Milotic, hence being like 10 above everyone else. Anyway, so I was freaking out about the E4 and Champion right? Despite me thinking they're literally the weakest, but when lives are at stake you care more. So I went in pretty strong...and still stayed strong...and came out strong...I was way too overlevel for this, but you know what? I don't care, cause I kept my babies alive, and that's all that matters. :>

Diantha fight had me worried about Mega Gardevoir, though. The whole battle was literally the Miltic and Blaziken show, flipping back and forth between the two and all, lol. So I planned to use my Mega Lucario against Mega Gardevoir because he wasn't weak to Psychic or Fairy with that type combo. I planned to Mega Evolve and lead with Calm Mind to make sure I could resist Moonblast and Psychic and I did live, with plenty of HP to spare. I did another Calm Mind to be safe, healed (also want to point out that this was the only time I healed this entire E4/Champion gauntlet...seriously), then I used Shadow Claw...and it went down in one hit. Not even critical at that. Then I beat AZ who was a piece of cake and idk why they even bother tbh but yeah.

So tl;dr the lesson here today is that...don't worry about Kalos Elite Four and Champion. Because it's Kalos.

Boxed:
269.png
335.png
449.png
280.png
277.png
265.png
425.png
467.png
130.png
131.png
100.png
262.png
353.png
183.png
709.png
264.png
271.png
618.png

RIP:
005.png
662.png
028.png

PS: Now that this challenge is over, all of these guys come back to life HOORAY YAY OH BOY CHRISTMAS MIRACLE YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
I started my Pokemon X Wonderlocke and so far so good! Here is my progress:

Got Fennekin as a starter. I then caught a Bunnelby and proceeded to wondertrade both of them. Ended up getting a HA Charmander with D-Dance, Outrage, Crunch and Counter (for fennekin) and a Wurmple with String Shot and Tackle. RIP Wurmple ended up being a death-foughter. Went into Santalune woods and caught a Weedle, which was wondertraded for a Ferroseed. I leveled them up to level 9 and 8 respectively and moved on to route 3. There I caught a Pidgey at level 4 which was wondertraded for a Tepig with HA. Moved on and battled all trainers I could find and went to Route 22. There I caught a Litleo which I wondertraded for a Marvel Scale w/ Extreem Speed Dratini. All about luck till now! Took on the bug Gym no problem and my Charmander evolved into Charmeleon! Took on the exp. share and moved into Route 4, where I caught a Flabebe, which was traded for a Electrike. I now reached Lumiose city and am about to proceed with the challenge!

CURRENT TEAM: Charmeleon (Male), Level 18, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Ember, Crunch - Solar Power
Ferroseed (Male), Level 13, Return, Curse, Rollout, Harden - Iron Barbs
Dratini (Male), Level 12, Twister, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Extreem Speed - Marvel Scale
Electrike (Male) Level 14, Spark, Quick Attack, Howl, Leer - Static

BENCH: Tepig (Male), Level 14, Tackle, Sucker Punch, Tail Whip, Ember - Thick Fat

RIP: Wurmple

I am playing with dupes and shiny clause active. I'll let you informed about my progress!

(Can someone also tell me how to add the sprites in my post so that it looks even better like the posts above? Thanks!)

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
UPDATE!

My current team consists of Mega Charizard X, Dragonair, Manectric, Ferrothorn and Lunatone, while I lost two more Pokemon, a Heracross (with Moxie, I regretted letting him die) and a Pidgeotto which was ready to evolve. I got nothing special from windertrades (even a freaking Bidoof) But I'm hoping to get an Ice Type, preferrably a Froslass so that I can add ghost type as well! Otherwise both the team and the bench look pretty descent!

TEAM: Charizard (Level 56) w/ Dragon Dance, Outrage, Flamethrower, Crunch - Dragonair (Level 53) w/ Dragon Rush, Extreem Speed, Dragon Dance, Surf - Manectric (Level 51) w/ Bite, Thunderbolt, Strength, Howl - Lunatone (Level 55) w/ Moonblast, Psychic, Stone Edge, Cosmic Power (TOO OP!) - Ferrothorn (Level 52) w/ Power Whip, Rollout, Iron Head, Curse

Bench: Tepig, Zorua, Skarmory, Helioptile, Honedge, Bulbasaur, Hawlucha, Pikachu, Mareep, Scatterbug, Shuppet, Binacle, Bidoof, Klefki, Minccino

RIP: Wurmple, Pidgeotto, Heracross

I defeated Team Flare at the Pokeball Factory and the Fairy type gym and I'm moving on, hope I get a better luck with all those wonder trades! (If anyone can still help me with the sprites I'd be grateful)

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
I've had no changes in my squad and had my pokemon up to level 72 (excluded Charizard which grew to level 81) and took on the Elite 4 and the Champion successfully!With only 5 Pokemon on my team I went on and battled AZ and defeated him as well, which makes it that I have won this Wonderlocke! With only 3 deaths as well! I can say it went pretty good (though I almost lost my Lunatone a couple of times)!

So there goes my team and deaths:

Charizard, Ferrothorn, Dragonite, Lunatone, Manectric

Wurmple, Pidgeotto, Heracross

I'm going to start another challenge soon!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I completed a run+ Delta episode, is this ok to ask you to put my name up there?
Name: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Any optional rules?: None

Team:
Swellow lvl 46
Charizard lvl 54
Lucario lvl 55
Gastrodon lvl 50
Manectric (mega) lvl 54
Kyogre lvl 49

Thank you in advance :3