• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop being so passive!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Uncreative title is uncreative.

How passive are you?
Do you let people push you around, or do you stand up for yourself?
Share stories or say other relevant things if you'd like to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't consider myself a passive person. People probably perceive me to be a passive person, though. Unfortunately, a lot of the things that go on around me brush off my shoulder and I don't really care all too much about them, so I can definitely come across as someone who is easy to push around because I don't really care. Don't confuse my kindness to help combined with my indifference to do so as someone without a backbone, because I do call people out on whatever ****ery they're putting me through when I sense tom****ery and I'm not afraid to be blunt.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
People used to push me around a lot, and I used to think nothing of it (I thought I was just being nice).

After certain things happened in my life, I'd get incredibly angry when someone even tried, so I guess that I'm not passive anymore xD

Years
I find myself in much the same position as Element0 and 007_eleven.

I am a pretty passive person and I don't like to come across as though I like to start trouble or anything in any way. I will take a lot from people and just ignore it, but like what these people above have said you can only push me so far.

I have to expend a lot of effort to not lose my cool and eventually if you push enough you're going to get a response. There have been plenty of cases in my (not overly long) past where I have just lost it to the point of being verbally, or in some cases even physically aggressive.

I like to think that I'm not easy to walk over though, despite being a passive person. I don't let people push me around, I'm just not going to start arguments and I am going to tend towards trying to fulfil others needs before my own (see the thread on the subject). If conflicts arise I'm always going to try and stay as neutral as possible or at least try to sort it out diplomatically.

All this being said though, how passive I am really does depend what buttons you push. I can take a lot personally but I'm very protective of my close friends and family.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I actually used to be very aggressive and I basically didn't like anyone unless they could tolerate my anger, which no one really bothered to do. Over time, I learned to chill out and be nicer. I still get one of those wild nerves if some one says something that just gets me down to the bones, though. I've found that locating a middle ground is always a good medium.

Unless I have a crush on the person. Then they can just walk all over me like a floor mat for all I care. I literally will be at their beck and call if I like someone enough.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm passive because of my anxiety, but when I hit my limit, I definitely stand up for myself and/or for what I believe in. To be honest, I'm not as passive as I was before, because I learned how to take charge in the things I believe in.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Story of my life, people push me around a little too much.
One of these day I'll snap and try and stand up but probably fail.

Dirk Strider

definition of delicious
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
I tend to be passive in a sense that I'm borderline submissive up until the point that I become annoyed when I'm being screwed around with. You know, playful teasing and jabbing is fine, but there's a limit to my vulnerability and when said limit is reached, I tend to lose my composure rather easily. My history of broken composure has lead to people typically leaving me alone when it comes to playful jabbing, which I don't mind, haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I pretty much do tend to not stand up for myself, this is because I feel people do not like a person that does this and I like being a likable person. I'm not really that vulnerable but certain things do strike a nerve.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm very passive, I almost never do anything to defend my opinion and won't react to anything that makes me mad. I figure, 'hey, I'll just end up forgetting about it in a week or so' lol

Years
I'm very passive, I almost never do anything to defend my opinion and won't react to anything that makes me mad. I figure, 'hey, I'll just end up forgetting about it in a week or so' lol

Same here. I don't like to fight, people always yell out of a sudden and I hate that...

In my case it's not like I'll forget in a week, but most people do. They get really angry at the time, mock me and say stupid things, but in a week they are normal again. That's another thing I don't like: you hurt me but in a few days you just forget? Nah... at least apologize and try to be nicer next time. Just because I'm passive it doesn't mean I don't feel or don't get hurt...

TY

I was really passive not so long ago. I was the main target of bullying at my school, but on the other hand, i couldnt care less if they did. I always ignored it but sometimes it was hard to. I really got pushed around a lot back then... but now im less passive (i still dont like to fight, but now i stand up for myself more than back then).

Those days... rather wanted to forget them

Melody

Banned
Years
I tend to be quite passive unless provoked. But I'm not quiet about what I consider a provocation, and I don't take too much. If I'm nearing my limit, I'll let you know. But I don't usually do much until someone has pushed me far enough to warrant speaking up or show any distress.

Sirfetch’d

This is one of my biggest issues, but yes I am very passive. I hate confrontation and would rather be pushed around than having to deal with the anxiety of an argument.

Years
I like to be aggressive to people who are aggressive towards me first, I then end up making a joke and laughing it off because I'm being aggressive for the irony of how passive I am.

Indirectly though, if we're living together and you don't put your dishes away or something simple that just annoys people but you repeatedly do it after I ask you to stop, I will delete your backup files, there will be no clean towels or toilet paper in the bathroom, I'll open all the loaves of bread so they turn stale and I'll put vinegar in the milk. And then conveniently I will have no idea what you're talking about and blame you for trying to prank me.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
When people try to push me around, generally I just laugh. I'm not sure what to think of it, I just don't care. I show them I'm not scared at all of whatever they want to do, I just won't let them trample all over me like a stampede of elephants. So I guess I'm passive in a sense? I just don't let it bother me since it used to always get on my nerves when I was younger, being picked on and always getting pushed around. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I suppose. :p

In general, I stand up for myself in most cases. I will fight back if I have to, although I prefer to avoid the situation. I don't like getting into heated arguments but I'll stand my ground if it really comes to it. Generally though I try not to be bothered about being pushed around and show the people that I really don't care, to scare them off a bit.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
It depends on what the person is doing
You can call me whatever you want, you can toss food or drink on me, hell, spit at me if you must.
However, hit me and I'll hit back, mess with my kin and you'd best run.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Extremely. I'd hate to cause trouble. As I was raised, I was taught that I should be assertive, but I don't see merit in the notion of everyone pressing their own opinions relentlessly on all matters, which would be the ultimate conclusion of such a virtue. I have instead learned patience and humility, understanding and discretion, or so I believe.

Last edited:
Back