• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
I've got a question about Dolphin...

With Dolphin, can I run games directly from my CD drive, or do I have to dump the ISO?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
Could anyone tell me where/how I could hack an Aurora Ticket on to my FR/LG ROM? I have one on my computer (VBA) and one on my Droid (Tiger GBA)

BTW ultima, McAffee sucks. Not long after I got my computer I uninstalled it and i've just been using a manual scan called MalwareBytes since. safe browsing = 1 virus ever which I easily removed with MalwareBytes

McAffee is basically like having someone stopping you from walking out of your house if it thinks you might get robbed because it's raining and once someone got robbed while it was raining. And then when you tell it you want to go outside anyway it won't let you.

Last edited:

Antic.x.Fantasia

-Original D r o p o u t B o y;
Years
.sav File problem.

I tried loading a backup save I had for Platinum, but the save isn't loading, basically. I'm using an R4i, and usually all I need to check is that the ROM file and the save have the same name, which they do...
Any idea what's wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2011
Help please

When i use action replay to check my EV's my defense stat has a "?" in front of the stat number on all my pokemon. Any one know why? x.x

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Which game are you using it for?
I'm not really experienced with this AR stuff...

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
gameboy color

i am using a smart cart and i put pokemon brown on it, all the sprites are messed up and it isnt the cartridge all my other games work fine, all the sprites in the game are messed up and have lines going through them, is there any way to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2018
Desmume And NO$GBA

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Speed Up Desmume?If Desmume Can't Speed Up,Can Anyone Tell Me How To Speed Up NO$GBA?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
hey everyone,new here so dont know where to put this...i was playing pokemon liquid crystal and i saved the game at silph co...the next day i try to play the game,the screen is all black but i can still hear the music and open the menu....how can fix this.pls help me.i really want to finish the game

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
My scripts in the same map keep mixing together. I also try making the givepokemon scripts and they keep mixing the text around. What do I do?

Years
Hey everybody
i was wondering if is possible to play pokemon platinum rom on pc and than use the save and transfer it to the real game card, if yes what do i need (what emulator, card to move saves like AR?)

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Okay I'm using DeSmuME emulator but the foreground isn't showing up. Can anyone help me there? Any similar problems?

Fixed: I downloaded the newest update of DeSmuME and it fixed the problem

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
K... Soooo, right now I'm using Windows 7 laptop.
And I can't open VBA. It says something about ordinal 6907 in a certain .DLL.
You get the idea. Any help?
I guess you need most recent version.
I also have Win7 laptop and I was able to play Light Platinum without any problems.
Of course since VBA is not designed for Win7 your style will be changed for the time games are played =)

Years
I guess you need most recent version.
I also have Win7 laptop and I was able to play Light Platinum without any problems.
Of course since VBA is not designed for Win7 your style will be changed for the time games are played =)
That doesn't work. :/ In fact, that's what I did in the first place.

MirroRz

You sure?
Years
Not sure if anyone can help, but it'd be dope if someone knew what I was talking about.

So I've got TGB Dual, and I wanna trade my Crystal with my Yellow, which I've been playing on my DS via Lameboy. When I load up the games, though, Crystal only gives me the option to start a new game. No idea what's up. Yellow works fine, and I've got both of them working on VBA.

Can anyone help me out?

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
Just a quick (but kind of heavy) question:
Does anyone know if there has ever been/is a... "map" of a Pokemon ROM? I guess just some sort of text file/pdf that says stuff like "Pokemon data is located in between offsets ###### and ######" "Trainer ID is loacted at ######" etc. I know that people that make tools know where certain bits of data are, but I was just wondering if it's ever been compiled into one big encyclopedia of hacking so to speak...

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
I'm told Action Replay questions go in the Emulation forum, so here goes. Has anybody else had problems updating to Action Replay DS Firmware 1.71?

EDIT: Solved. Just remove whatever is in your GBA Slot on your DS/DS Lite.

Last edited:
Back